PDA

View Full Version : Should we be looking to trade devin

xcoriate
02-23-2005, 01:05 AM
He is quite the player, shoots well, rebounds extremely well and plays tough nosed hard D as you all know.

No personailty issues, cheap.

and needs to be re-signed at the end of the year, and for a cconsiderably more than what he is currently making.

He is expendable as he is coming in 3rd in the SG rotation...

IMO he is the one we should be looking to move, or package

He is young talent that has no doubt caught the eyes of many, he really showcased his talent dring the lakers series.

Lets face it, during the off season we may very well lose him, Scola is coming in, Javtokas maybe.. and either of them could use a fair portion of the MLE. not to mention we dont have full bird rights

As a result he is the most attractive player to another team, and probably the only way we can get rid of Rose.

usckk
02-23-2005, 01:45 AM
No.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 02:16 AM
He barely makes any money. So trading him now (solo) doesn't make any sense. But packaging him with Malik might make Malik a little more attractive to some teams.

Either way, I think the Spurs should just stand pat.

timvp
02-23-2005, 02:17 AM
I have to agree with you, xcoriate. If the Spurs look at their backup bigmen and Rasho and begin to panic, Devin might be the only player they'd be willing to part with that could bring back a solid player. For example, the Raptors are insisting on a young player in return for Donyell Marshall so the Spurs might jump on a Malik and Devin for Marshall trade.

usckk
02-23-2005, 02:30 AM
I don 't think the Spurs will trade Brown. He will be important when we play Phoenix and Seattle. Coach Pop likes to play small, and Devin is a pefect asset for it since he defense well. Further, we need him just in case both Barry and Bowen go cold offensively.

ShoogarBear
02-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Pop has "liked to play small" for all of two months.

When the playoffs roll around, suspect he'll revert back to his natural instincts, Phoenix or no.

Thing about Donyell is, while he rebounds well, he deons't really have what you would call a big man's game: he's averaged just under 3 FTA/48 min for the past three years, and this year his blocks have dropped off significantly.

xcoriate
02-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Its just that Malik by himself is not attractive at all

with Devin it becomes an interesting prospect.

missmyzte
02-23-2005, 08:57 AM
No way should Devin be traded, he is so valuable to the team, similar to Malik Rose but without the huge contract. He's told me a couple times that he intends to re-sign with San Antonio so I don't think Devin is going anywhere.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 09:31 AM
I have to agree with you, xcoriate. If the Spurs look at their backup bigmen and Rasho and begin to panic, Devin might be the only player they'd be willing to part with that could bring back a solid player. For example, the Raptors are insisting on a young player in return for Donyell Marshall so the Spurs might jump on a Malik and Devin for Marshall trade.

I disagree, Brown is staying in SA. The fans like him, he is popular with his teammates and he has the ability to shoot great from the outside, something that has been lacking in all the Spurs' playoff exits.

The only times SA has won the championship is because the guards/sm forwards have come through in the playoffs with great timely shooting. We will not win with just big men, we need the shooters/ slashers to win.....Marshal in NOT the answer!!!!

You are slipping timvp, you must still have some altitude sickness. :)

Que Gee
02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
They aren't going to do anything.

SuperManu!!!
02-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Devin is just a really good reserve, just that. He is a good backup for bowen or manu, so the spurs should keep it for a minimum wage

waly.mg
02-23-2005, 11:47 AM
.....Marshal in NOT the answer!!!!

. :)

The answer in SA isnīt any trade, is TD, TP and Manu
But Marshall has more rebounds and more height, then a rotation can be done of shooters without letting have height
In addition also has good percentage of 3 and free, the sames of Brown

But Pop never like to trade players in the middle of season, and this time will not be the exception

SequSpur
02-23-2005, 12:05 PM
The fans have nothing to do with trades. I am sick of that excuse.

The fact that Rasho sucks more times than not is what is going to force a trade. No one wants the weak baggage the Spurs have to offer and no one is interested in giving them that one player to keep the Spurs at the top. Do you get that?

Also, no decent free agent wants to come to the Spurs in the offseason, and Barry has proved to be a terrible pickup. Hedo was better.

Pop isn't going to do shit again. You will see Rasho, Horry and Duncan again in the playoffs guarding Ming, Webber, whoever... Shaq.. Wallace's...... or Jermaine....

Manu better find his allstar ability in the playoffs and Parker better not go into the tank half way through a series either, because he has no backup................. again.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Mr Sunshine strikes again.^^^^^

smeagol
02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
The fans have nothing to do with trades. I am sick of that excuse.

The fact that Rasho sucks more times than not is what is going to force a trade. No one wants the weak baggage the Spurs have to offer and no one is interested in giving them that one player to keep the Spurs at the top. Do you get that?

Also, no decent free agent wants to come to the Spurs in the offseason, and Barry has proved to be a terrible pickup. Hedo was better.

Pop isn't going to do shit again. You will see Rasho, Horry and Duncan again in the playoffs guarding Ming, Webber, whoever... Shaq.. Wallace's...... or Jermaine....

Manu better find his allstar ability in the playoffs and Parker better not go into the tank half way through a series either, because he has no backup................. again.
Why are you so pissed?

Pseudo, this dude needs a massage . . . urgently!

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Why are you so pissed?

Pseudo, this dude needs a massage . . . urgently!

I think Pseudo is the problem....Sequ seemed like such a nice guy when I played golf with him, I think Pseudo must be holding out on the sex or something...because he is one grumpy old man lately.

:)