PDA

View Full Version : Dragic (for Suns fans mostly)

Pero
11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
What happened? Did he suck so much or is Singletary outplaying him or what? Last game DNP, game before that just a few minutes...

Allanon
11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, sorry Slovenian fans, Dragic has been sucking.

Singletary has taken over his job as backup PG for now.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
He is play to expected level for his rookie year.

Pero
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Hm so I guess Kerr is regretting for bringing him over now, instead of a year later as originally planned... Would've save money that way too...

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Hm so I guess Kerr is regretting for bringing him over now, instead of a year later as originally planned... Would've save money that way too...

Would make no difference. He would be backup player in Euroleague and would not have play much so would not matter probably if he stay one more year.

Pero
11-23-2008, 05:03 PM
You can't know that. And I think Tau Ceramica was saying he'd get 20 minutes per game or something like that. And if he'd stay at Olimpija he'd be starting.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-23-2008, 05:05 PM
You can't know that. And I think Tau Ceramica was saying he'd get 20 minutes per game or something like that. And if he'd stay at Olimpija he'd be starting.

He would be backup in TAU and Prigioni is almost finished as player. Olympija have crap players being a starter there means nothing really.

Still Dragic is capable. He can be backup for 10-15 minutes in NBA.

He is play just as expect for rookie year of NBA. Remember he was never ever consider a top point guard in Europe so he is doing fine so far in NBA considering this and his age.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
He's gonna tear it up in Des Moines this season.

timvp
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I was a fan of Dragic the last few years and I thought the Spurs should have really thought about drafting him in the second round so I've watched him as much as possible this year. His biggest problem is he can't score. I think everyone knew offense would be his biggest issue but when you are scoring significantly less per minute than Jacque Vaughn ... it's tough to earn minutes.

Defensively, I thought he'd be a bit better. Maybe he's still adjusting but I haven't seen much of his trademark tenacity on that end. Creating shots for others is also an issue.

It's too early to call him a bust but he faces a steep learning curve. I would say that I hope Dragic can figure it out but unfortunately he was drafted by the Suns . . .

Kobayagi
11-23-2008, 05:29 PM
During offseason and before the draft every Slovenian on this board said it was too soon for him to join the NBA. And if the biggest homers say he's not ready, you know he's not ready. Kerr had a different opinion and for now it looks like we were right.

But yeah...KBP is right, it wouldn't have made a big difference if he stayed with TAU for one more year...he'd stay on their bench the same ways he's on the Suns bench now. This way at least he gets to see some nba games up close....yaay for him :cheer

I wish him all the best, of course. :toast

Allanon
11-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I thought Dragic would be good too. I've watched about 8 of the Suns games this year and man, that backup PG job was his to lose. Singletary is not very good.

Porter's been pushing on Dragic and trying to give him every chance possible but just had to go with Singletary for now.

I do think he'll earn some more playing time as he adjusts to the NBA game and works on his game.

kcplayboi_26
11-24-2008, 12:01 AM
id rather have singletary on the court

sook
11-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Dragic had a nice stroke from what i saw.

Darthkiller
11-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I thought Dragic would be good too. I've watched about 8 of the Suns games this year and man, that backup PG job was his to lose. Singletary is not very good.

Porter's been pushing on Dragic and trying to give him every chance possible but just had to go with Singletary for now.

I do think he'll earn some more playing time as he adjusts to the NBA game and works on his game.

singletary sucks major ass.

Slomo
11-24-2008, 05:32 AM
During offseason and before the draft every Slovenian on this board said it was too soon for him to join the NBA. And if the biggest homers say he's not ready, you know he's not ready. Kerr had a different opinion and for now it looks like we were right. ...

+1

He needs to gather experience and develop. I hope for his sake it can happen in PHX.

Kamnik
11-24-2008, 05:54 AM
I am afraid Primoz Brezec scenario might happen.... :/

pauls931
11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm worried that Porter is feeling pressure to win and is going with what works short term. (short rotation) At least dragic gets to practice, but I was hoping he'd get some game time occasionally rather than someone that is good out of the gate like singletary but eventually will get traded/released.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
They need to send him down to Iowa.

Kibic
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I think it has a lot to do with opponents and that they try to win. So rotation is shorter. In first 10 games his +- was not so bad.

urunobili
11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
TAU is celebrating again... and as a side note.. his no show on TAU opened the door for more Matias Nocedal minutes.... :tu

timvp
11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
During offseason and before the draft every Slovenian on this board said it was too soon for him to join the NBA. And if the biggest homers say he's not ready, you know he's not ready. Kerr had a different opinion and for now it looks like we were right. Very true. I think I asked if the Spurs should draft Dragic and most every Slovenian said that he still needed a few more years of seasoning in Europe.

I think Dragic will eventually make it, especially if he can up his defensive intensity, but it's not going to be as fast of a transition as Kerr thought.