PDA

View Full Version : International Spurs Fans (Part 2)

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 05:30 AM
International Spurs Fans (Part 2)

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/thiel01.jpg

By Kori Ellis
SpursZONE.com

Christian Thiel makes his home in the Gotha, Germany, a city of 50,000 people. The 22-year-old is a self-proclaimed Spurs addict and follows the team through rare television broadcasts.

Thiel has been a Spurs fan since a young age. In 1995, he saw his first NBA game on television -- the Spurs were playing and he became hooked.

"I was amazed how good David Robinson was. His style and strength made me a fan since day one," says Thiel. "A dream came true when my parents took me to San Antonio in 1996 to see the Spurs play live. It was unbelievable to visit the AlamoDome and to see the Admiral in action. It was a great experience for me and I will never forget it."

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/thiel03.jpg

In 1999 after the Spurs won their first NBA championship, Thiel traveled to Milan to see the team play in the McDonald's Championship.

"It was amazing to see Tim and David playing together. Since David retired, Tim is now my favourite player. I love his all-around ability. And the thing I like most about Tim is how he stays down to earth and his class on and off the court."

Though Thiel doesn't find many other Spurs fans near his home, he finds thousands around the globe via the internet.

From the Argentina to France to Germany and everywhere in between, the Spurs fan base keeps growing and growing.

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/thiel02.jpg

Click here to read Part 1. (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=49F52A4C-2E58-4D5B-8EA8-6BE817432E51)

SLOVENIAN 8
02-23-2005, 05:36 AM
Perhaps we should have European GTG!! :smokin

indianspur
02-23-2005, 05:47 AM
dont forget India.......

Streakyshooter08
02-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Thats me!!!! Thanks a lot!!! :elephant :elephant :spin :smokin

Spurbanana
02-23-2005, 06:54 AM
awesome

GrandeDavid
02-23-2005, 07:05 AM
No, we need to have a GTG in Brazil and Argentina, in no particular order. My friends who visit me in Brazil have the concept of fun literally re-defined for them. Its the ultimate hook up!

alamo50
02-23-2005, 07:29 AM
"Though Thiel doesn't find many other Spurs fans near his home"

Hey, I am your neighbour over here in The Netherlands Christian!

:smokin

Streakyshooter08
02-23-2005, 10:26 AM
"Though Thiel doesn't find many other Spurs fans near his home"

Hey, I am your neighbour over here in The Netherlands Christian!

:smokin

Right! But it still a long way to you. It think about 6 hours by car minimum. I don't have anybody around to celebrate with or to watch Spurs games. A lot of guys are Mavs Fans (because of Dirk) and some are Bulls Fans. Most of the basketball guys I know cheer for players (like LeBron, AI or T-Mac) not for teams.

alamo50
02-23-2005, 10:45 AM
"I don't have anybody around to celebrate with or to watch Spurs games"

I know the feeling mein Freund.......

Streakyshooter08
02-24-2005, 07:39 AM
"I don't have anybody around to celebrate with or to watch Spurs games"

I know the feeling mein Freund.......

So we have to use the internet! :) BTW do you plan to go back to SA within the next years?

Kori will post some pictures I took in Cologne, when Team Usa played Germany. I hope you will enjoy them.

Streaky :king

P.S. Its interesting that Ray Allen thinks the Spurs will be the Champs.

Egg
02-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi Christian

Im Argentinian but currently studying in Aachen... It would be awesome to have a GTG here in Germany... wonder where you live?

Streakyshooter08
02-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi Christian

Im Argentinian but currently studying in Aachen... It would be awesome to have a GTG here in Germany... wonder where you live?

Aachen is pretty far. I live near Erfurt. It pretty much in the middle of Germany. What do you study and how old are you?

Egg
02-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Maschienenbau at RWTH... Im 19 years old

Streakyshooter08
02-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Maschienenbau at RWTH... Im 19 years old

Cool, how come you study in Germany? How long are you around here? If you do a trip trough Germany and you are near THüringen. Give me a call! :)

Egg
02-24-2005, 01:17 PM
well I got a Scholarship from DAAD after getting my Abitur in Argentina in a German School...

I'd be glad, but I don't Im travelling a lot... havent got much time because Ive got lots of Klausuren and Praktikums... I think im going to berlin in April...

Are you studying somthing?

PS: Wanted to see the ASG here, and found only 1 bar in the whole city that was open and showing the game... guess there arent many Dirk Nowitsky fans around here...

Egg
02-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh and I think Im closer to alamo50... if he lives near eindhoven/Maastrich

after all I live just a few meters away from holland