PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech #2 in the BCS as of Sunday-23Nov????

Mr Dio
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
:wow

Spurtacus
11-23-2008, 07:27 PM
New standings haven't been released....

ATRAIN
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
New standings haven't been released....

Yeah they will be out in the next few mins sometime after 6:30.

dirk4mvp
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
:lol Longhorn fans turn into Sunfans about this shit.

Mr Dio
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
When are they released?
I saw like 3-4 diff sources that had 10-1 Tech @ #2.

Mr Dio
11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah they will be out in the next few mins sometime after 6:30.

Freakin ATrain!
I almost always have to scroll thru your pics of AS! :lol
Like I haven't seen them already........1000 times. :toast

Mr Dio
11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/bcs/

old???
idk

Kermit
11-23-2008, 07:37 PM
You will know they're new when Tech isn't #2.

dirk4mvp
11-23-2008, 07:37 PM
nevermind

Kermit
11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
That's AP.

dirk4mvp
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
:lol Yeah, I saw.

Kermit
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
They're going to look the same. I gurantee you that the BCS mirrors the AP.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Texas will be number 2 but by a margin that OU will easily surpass after beating OSU.

Spurtacus
11-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Tune into FOX. Standings are about to be revealed.

j-6
11-23-2008, 07:48 PM
:lol Longhorn fans turn into Sunfans about this shit.

Absolutely correct. And I'm one of them.

The comps loved us more than the voters last week, let's see what happens.

ATRAIN
11-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Freakin ATrain!
I almost always have to scroll thru your pics of AS! :lol
Like I haven't seen them already........1000 times. :toast

LOL I know man but thats a good thing!!!

StylisticS
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
They're out.
1.Bama
2.Texas
3.OU
4.Florida
5.USC
6.Utah
7.Tech

rest doesn't matter.

Spurtacus
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
They're going to look the same. I gurantee you that the BCS mirrors the AP.

I won't be surprised by that.

ATRAIN
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
They're out.
1.Bama
2.Texas
3.OU
4.Florida
5.USC
6.Utah
7.Tech

rest doesn't matter.

where did you get this?

Mr Dio
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
LOL I know man but thats a good thing!!!

No doubt..............nooooo doubt! :lol

ATRAIN
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM
They're out.
1.Bama
2.Texas
3.OU
4.Florida
5.USC
6.Utah
7.Tech

rest doesn't matter.

YUP your right they just showed it on fox.

tp2021
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
UT is like .008 points ahead of OU.
Damn.

Mr Dio
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
It is a muddy muddy picture.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Not good enough. OU will go to the big twelve and national title games now.

THANK YOU TEXAS A&M FOR BEING A DISGRACE TO THE CONFERENCE, KEEP ON GIGGIN 'EM AND UTILIZING THAT TRAINSTATION

jerks

j-6
11-23-2008, 08:09 PM
UT is like .008 points ahead of OU.
Damn.

We're fucked. OU and Florida will jump us even if Mack lays the wood to the Ags. Thanks for going 4-7, farmhands. Of course in Collieville, they are probably laughing that they found a way to screw the Horns through their own mediocrity.

mookie2001
11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
this is all tellus' fault

Kermit
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
The beauty contest arguments are fucking bullshit. Texas and Oklahoma have identical records. OU lost to UT. That's all that should matter. If the two hadn't played each other, then you could bring their opponents into the conversation. Fuck this stupid, peripheral who beat whom idiocy.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
The kicker is, both UT and OU arguments are circular.

Logically, it makes no sense for UT to be above OU based on our win, because Tech is a big giant steaming piece of shit that created a rock-paper-scissors comparison.

Logically, it makes no sense for OU to be above UT based on their current "hotness" because they were hot all along, according to the polls were hotter (no.1) when they got curbstomped by us on a neutral field.

doobs
11-23-2008, 08:39 PM
The beauty contest arguments are fucking bullshit. Texas and Oklahoma have identical records. OU lost to UT. That's all that should matter. If the two hadn't played each other, then you could bring their opponents into the conversation. Fuck this stupid, peripheral who beat whom idiocy.

You know people are saying OU is better than Texas, and that's all that should matter. Reynolds got hurt in the 3rd quarter of the shootout. That fact alone gives OU supporters their rationale for ranking OU higher than Texas. Texas is fucked.

I will say, though, that I think OU is a more talented team than Texas--not necessarily better, just more talented. But damn I want to see Texas in the national championship.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Injuries are part of the game, digging into that can of worms just makes a fan look like more of a whining douche.

One of the saddest things about this situation, is that should Florida come out on top of the SEC, OU is going to get their assholes torn open for the countless bowl game in a row. Not only does this bring the conference down for next season, but it makes our victory over them look insignificant, and the whole nation will dowse themselves in Urban Jizz.

(alabama is not in my theory because ut, ou, or usc would easily outgun them)

The one thing I want the media to do, if there is any football god that doesn't wear crimson, is say something along the lines of
"Yes, OU is a hot team, and they are damn good. But you know what? We've done this and followed this OU hype for the past three or four OU bcs-bids. And each time they have got their asses handed to them. Each time. I want to see what UT can do in a BCS game this year. See if any of that 2005 luster still remains."

THAT my friends is the best argument we have. The fact that OU chokes to shit non bcs conference teams and hasn't won a bowl game since the beginning of the century.
Give UT a chance, we'll earn the Big12 some respect and then some.

doobs
11-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Injuries are part of the game, digging into that can of worms just makes a fan look like more of a whining douche.

Agreed. But you know that sentiment is out there. And it affects the polls, for sure.

Kermit
11-23-2008, 08:42 PM
You know people are saying OU is better than Texas, and that's all that should matter. Reynolds got hurt in the 3rd quarter of the shootout. That fact alone gives OU supporters their rationale for ranking OU higher than Texas. Texas is fucked.

I will say, though, that I think OU is a more talented team than Texas--not necessarily better, just more talented. But damn I want to see Texas in the national championship.

Fine, you want to use that stupid ass argument (not you personally, but the genral you, the editorial you) then the Tech game shouldn't count because the Quan played one fucking play, Orakpo was injured and so was Miller.

doobs
11-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Fine, you want to use that stupid ass argument (not you personally, but the genral you, the editorial you) then the Tech game shouldn't count because the Quan played one fucking play, Orakpo was injured and so was Miller.

I agree, it's a stupid argument. I'm just trying to explain why UT is fucked.

And I think there's a difference between Reynolds's injury and UT's injuries against Tech. Reynolds's injury undermines UT's argument that it was the better team on the field against OU. UT losing to Tech is neither here nor there, really.

Kermit
11-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I had no idea this Reynolds was the second coming of Lawerence Taylor.

doobs
11-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I had no idea this Reynolds was the second coming of Lawerence Taylor.

No, I know. Maybe it's because I know a bunch of dipshit OU fans, but I felt like I was hearing a lot about how he was the heart and soul of that defense. And how there wasn't time in that game for someone to step up and the defense to recover. And how UT wouldn't have won otherwise. Blah blah blah.

As much as I'd like to blame Blake Gideon for all this, I can't. UT deserves this uncertainty for the way they played in the first half against Tech.

tonylongoriafan
11-23-2008, 08:50 PM
fucked? couldn't UT still get an at-large bid?

it's the menage a twa of arguments...SOB!

Cant_Be_Faded
11-23-2008, 08:52 PM
I want to hear

"whahwhwhwhhwat? You pollsters are thinking of voting OU into the championship game? The same OU that lost to LSU one year, got fistfucked by USC the next, lost to Boise freaking State, and lost to West Virginia last year? Sounds to me like these OU shitheads have got their due, and choked away most of them. Let's see what those Horns can do, they actually win their bowl games"

chode_regulator
11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Not good enough. OU will go to the big twelve and national title games now.

THANK YOU TEXAS A&M FOR BEING A DISGRACE TO THE CONFERENCE, KEEP ON GIGGIN 'EM AND UTILIZING THAT TRAINSTATION

jerks

yeah they are gay. i was talking to an aggie fan a couple weeks ago and he must have mentioned the two wins against UT like 5 times. as if those wins made up for the fact that they are a team in dissaray and havent done shit else