PDA

View Full Version : NBA keeping an eye on Garnett

Stump
11-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Anyone seen this yet?

A number of teams have complained about Boston forward Kevin Garnett's antics recently, and the league has taken note.

Garnett has been going after smaller guys lately, including Jose Calderon and Luke Ridnour, and it's beginning to hurt his reputation.

"He's nothing but an instigator," one executive said of Garnett.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55630/20081123/nba_keeping_an_eye_on_kg/#

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Good. Fucker needs a lesson.

mystargtr34
11-23-2008, 08:55 PM
What a bitch. Anthony Peeler and Matt Bonner taught him not to fuck with anyone over 6'4"

sook
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
During the rockets celtics game Garnett was talking shit the whole game, i was a couple of rows back and Rafer said something to him and he only got the T

SpursDynasty
11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Kevin Garnett has an attitude problem and I'm just waiting for someone to break his jaw one of these days. He's not a big guy.

Avitus1
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Bout time they start paying attention.. or pretending too.

baseline bum
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM

LMAO @ your sig. :lmao

byrdman31
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
i want to see him talk shit to amare, or rasheed... that be great

z0sa
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Anything is Possible when KG wins a championship.

resistanze
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
It needs to be shown again:

IN4ZbGmnmao

SpursFanFirst
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
:clap Good! I can't stand Garnett. :clap

Findog
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Intensity! Chest Pound!

Roxsfan
11-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Kevin Garnett has an attitude problem and I'm just waiting for someone to break his jaw one of these days. He's not a big guy.

OMG, I agree with something you wrote.

KG is an asshole. I will never forget this:

When yao was coming up as a rookie or sophomore they asked KG what he thought of Yao and he said : "I'm going to ram the ball down his throat," presumably on a dunk.
Well fuck you KG 3xs Over:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/853/nbagming400yy2.jpg

duncan228
11-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Intensity! Chest Pound!

My kind of player.

duncan228
11-23-2008, 10:45 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/temp/garnett.jpg

Lp26
11-23-2008, 11:09 PM
i want to see him talk shit to amare, or rasheed... that be great

Sheed always looks at KG like he's nuts, and when Sheed is looking at you like you're crazy you know you've got problems. I'd like to see him talk shit to Ron Artest or Shaq.

lefty
11-23-2008, 11:33 PM
What a bitch. Anthony Peeler and Matt Bonner taught him not to fuck with anyone over 6'4"

:lol

DrHouse
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Someone just needs to cold clock Garnett for his antics. Forget this whining to the NBA BS.

samikeyp
11-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Put him on his ass a couple of times. Well, those few times where he actually has the guts to stay inside under the basket.

DPG21920
11-24-2008, 01:32 AM
waTdNkSAbX0

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 03:33 AM
The Boston Celtics=the current evil empire. When Spurs/Lakers/Rockets fan all unite...that makes all the more obvious. :down:

TheMACHINE
11-24-2008, 03:38 AM
its just Garnett...he could be on the fucking Bucks and we'd all still hate him.

timvp
11-24-2008, 04:24 AM
Why couldn't the Hawks have won Game 7 last year.

Why.

That would have shut KG up for all eternity.

Many PackYao
11-24-2008, 04:56 AM

Why.

They should have suspended his sorry ass for pushing that ref during the Hawks series.Who knows maybe the Hawks could of pulled it off if Gay-G was out.:wow

timtonymanu
11-24-2008, 05:55 AM
KG thinks he's all badass now cause he finally got a RING that was given to him because he has Paul Pierce and Ray Allen on his team. take away those two guys, he would still be ringless.

Kamnik
11-24-2008, 05:59 AM

Why.

:depressed

For me... it is a tossup betwen Garnett and Vujacic for the biggest fucktard of the league.

Ice009
11-24-2008, 06:33 AM
The Boston Celtics=the current evil empire. When Spurs/Lakers/Rockets fan all unite...that makes all the more obvious. :down:

None of us liked KG before he got to the Celtics and we sure as fuck don't like him now.

The thing is I liked the Celtics before KG got there. I really liked the 80's Celtics a lot. Now I don't like them at all. Not because you won it all last season, but because of KG.

This article is right. The guy picks on smaller players and acts tough all the time, but he'd get the crap beaten out of him if he tried that shit on anyone bigger than 6'1".

manufor3
11-24-2008, 07:47 AM
:depressed

For me... it is a tossup betwen Garnett and Vujacic for the biggest fucktard of the league.

dont forget terry

SpursFanFirst
11-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Someone just needs to cold clock Garnett for his antics. Forget this whining to the NBA BS.

:ihit Cue Bonner :ihit

Bartleby
11-24-2008, 09:29 AM
waTdNkSAbX0

:lmao

I bet Bonner has never gotten more love from the fans on his way to the locker room. If he did that to KG now he would win over more than a few haters here at ST.

jack sommerset
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Picking on lil guys. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let the smearing continue.

Texas_Ranger
11-24-2008, 10:33 AM
M5n5WNmzfOo&feature=related

sribb43
11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Bannish him from the league

lefty
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/garbagetimeallstars/sternbutfairteaser.jpg

TheMadHatter
11-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Typical that BOS fans think people hate on their team because they are good.

That's not it at all. It's the arrogance and unnecessary cockiness from your players that breeds contempt. Perkins has like 7 technical fouls already, who the fuck does this fat fuck think he is? Without Garnett he'd be nothing, yet he acts like he's fucking legit. And Garnett is worst of all, picking on Calderon of all people. Frankly I'd be fucking embarrassed if the Lakers started acting like that.

The Spurs set the example for how modern NBA teams SHOULD act. They have won 4 rings, yet you would never hear any of them deliver ring smack.

m33p0
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Question: Why did the league needed teams to complain about it before doing something about KD?

that referee-pushing non-incident in last year's playoffs was a big sign, folks.

if it were any other player, they would have been down on that guy like a ton of bricks in a heartbeat.

m33p0
11-24-2008, 11:30 AM
your sorry ass team wouldn't have made it to the playoffs had the league called the referee pushing incident. if the league suspended amare and diaw for a non confrontation due to a stiff rule interpretation, how come they decided to suspend it for mr douchebag?

Armando
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a bunch of whining from loser ass teams. The Bucks get the fuck out of here. You have to be kidding.

TheMadHatter
11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a bunch of whining from loser ass teams. The Bucks get the fuck out of here. You have to be kidding.

I actually agree with you. You want to shut KG up, clock him in the face when he decides to taunt your 6 ft PG.

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I actually agree with you. You want to shut KG up, clock him in the face when he decides to taunt your 6 ft PG.

Thats I am saying. I like KG as a player but any player that is constantly talking smack just lay some wood on him. A good hard foul might be even worth a suspension.

TheMACHINE
11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Thats I am saying. I like KG as a player but any player that is constantly talking smack just lay some wood on him. A good hard foul might be even worth a suspension.

The Bonner incident is a perfect example of what to do. I like the Peeler one too. ;)

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-24-2008, 12:50 PM
The Bonner incident is a perfect example of what to do. I like the Peeler one too. ;)

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/10/bonner.jpg
THUG LIFE

urunobili
11-24-2008, 01:23 PM
it was about time... Fans worldwide deserve several explanations from the league including him not being suspended in the hawks series last year...

anyone has the video when he sucker punched TD?

Texas_Ranger
11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
anyone has the video when he sucker punched TD?

is it this?

TpgB7cN12i8

Dr. Gonzo
11-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Typical that BOS fans think people hate on their team because they are good.

Boston didn't have any fans until last season. Fucking bandwagon fans.

Bandwagonners are the worst type of sports fan.

urunobili
11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
is it this?

TpgB7cN12i8

exactly that :pctoss

fucking douchebag KG i bet he didn't even get a warning for that :bang

balli
11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I can't believe the of contempt that has formed for KG over the past couple seasons. Make fun of his intensity and talking all you want, but just realize it ain't no act. That's who Kevin Garnett is; since he was 18 fucking years old... on the court, in practice, on the team plane, in the locker room and probably at home too. You think all the stories about him barely sleeping for days, or screaming at dudes during practice while busting their asses as hard as he can, or going to the gym at 3 AM to shoot after a bad game, or cheerleading from the sidelines are just manufactured stories made-up to make KG look intense? Fuck that, those all examples of a dude doing things, above and beyond what 99% of other players do, that help his team win.

Hell, just the other day I read some piece on Randy Foye where he was talking about how much of a step back his career has taken, directly because he no longer has KG's energy, encouragement or practice habits to feed off of. And I've read countless stories like that over the years.

So I really don't get all the hatred for a guy who is as genuinely hard-working, team-oriented and competitive as they come. Especially since he was universally loved and revered for it until he got on a good team. Fuck y'all.

TheMACHINE
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I can't believe the of contempt that has formed for KG over the past couple seasons. Make fun of his intensity and talking all you want, but just realize it ain't no act. That's who Kevin Garnett is; since he was 18 fucking years old... on the court, in practice, on the team plane, in the locker room and probably at home too. You think all the stories about him barely sleeping for days, or screaming at dudes during practice while busting their asses as hard as he can, or going to the gym at 3 AM to shoot after a bad game, or cheerleading from the sidelines are just manufactured stories made-up to make KG look intense? Fuck that, those all examples of a dude doing things, above and beyond what 99% of other players do, that help his team win.

Hell, just the other day I read some piece on Randy Foye where he was talking about how much of a step back his career has taken, directly because he no longer has KG's energy, encouragement or practice habits to feed off of. And I've read countless stories like that over the years.

So I really don't get all the hatred for a guy who is as genuinely hard-working, team-oriented and competitive as they come. Especially since he was universally loved and revered for it until he got on a good team. Fuck y'all.

LOL..."ANYYYYTHHINNNGG is POSSSIIIBBBLLEE!!" ---> aint no act?! LOL

nuff said

duncan228
11-24-2008, 03:23 PM

Garnett is a great player, and I, for one, don't 'hate' him. I agree he's hard working, and his passion seems legit. Can't fault him for bleeding Gatorade. I'm not a fan of the demonstrative play, but that's me.

I do think you'll find, at least here on ST, that he's never been 'universally loved'. ST has been piling on KG for years.

urunobili
11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Especially since he was universally loved and revered for it until he got on a good team. Fuck y'all.

Universally loved my ass... you a fan of that douche makes you a punk too :flipoff

E20
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
KG is a fag. He was a fag in Minneosta and now he is a bigger fag because he coattailed his way to a ring.

He'll yell and beat his chest at certain times, but won't play with the same passion and intensity during others. At best his is a 2nd rate PF when you compare him to great big men. He talks too much and he hasn't personally accomplished much, only his MVP. I wish he would focus his 'intensity and passion' on players his size instead of guards who are a foot shorter than him.

timvp
11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I can't believe the of contempt that has formed for KG over the past couple seasons.Spurs fans have seen that contempt grow for a decade.

Make fun of his intensity and talking all you want, but just realize it ain't no act.Him acting like a bad azz who puffs out his chest because he is the baddest MF on the court is certainly an act. Anytime anyone has ever stood up to him and challenged him on an NBA court, he finds a ref to hide behind.

Besides KG talking trash about Duncan dead mom, he's also tried to pick fights with both Parker in Ginobili. Both times Parker and Ginobili stood up to him and when chest to chest, KG backpedaled to find a ref to hide behind.

That's who Kevin Garnett is; since he was 18 fucking years old... on the court, in practice, on the team plane, in the locker room and probably at home too. You think all the stories about him barely sleeping for days, or screaming at dudes during practice while busting their asses as hard as he can, or going to the gym at 3 AM to shoot after a bad game, or cheerleading from the sidelines are just manufactured stories made-up to make KG look intense?A lot of it had to be made up. If he were always that intense, how did he not implode in his final couple years in "Sota" when they were a lottery team? Eventually he had to simmer down and accept losing. Hell, he even came down with a couple end of the year phantom injuries so he could get a head start on vacation.

Fuck that, those all examples of a dude doing things, above and beyond what 99% of other players do, that help his team win. Apparently wasn't helping enough in his final three years in Sota when he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs.

Hell, just the other day I read some piece on Randy Foye where he was talking about how much of a step back his career has taken, directly because he no longer has KG's energy, encouragement or practice habits to feed off of. Foye's main problem is that he sucks.

So I really don't get all the hatred for a guy who is as genuinely hard-working, team-oriented and competitive as they come. Especially since he was universally loved and revered for it until he got on a good team. Fuck y'all.KG wasn't universally loved and revered. Exaggeration.

All that said, I don't hate KG. In fact, if I got to pick one player to put next to Duncan on the Spurs, I'd probably pick KG because he's damn good at basketball and is one of the most intense players to ever play. I respect KG for playing hard and for his obvious love of the game. Plus he's been a very good ambassador for the NBA for a long while.

But it wouldn't be fair to ignore how his fake tough guy image can rub fans of other teams the wrong way. That part of his image is hugely fabricated and has been proven time and again. What kind of fugazy 7-footer picks on Luke Ridnour and Jose Calderon? And now that he has a ring, instead of eliminating that fake part of his personality, it seems to have enhanced it . . .

balli
11-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Universally loved my ass... you a fan of that douche makes you a punk too :flipoff

Maybe 'universally loved' was too strong of a expression, but if you really want to argue that KG has hadn't a fall from grace in recent years, then man, that's your prerogative. As is calling me a punk and flipping me off for stating a preference.

Oh and BTW asshole, I'm not a fan of KG at all. I don't root for him personally or Boston or Minnesota and I never have. But... I damn sure am a fan of the NBA, and in a league where intensity and hard work are scarce I'm not going to absolutely hate the guy because he gets demonstrative and starred in a dopey Gatorade commercial. Instead, I'm going to stick up for him and appreciate the fact that he is one of the few hard-working leaders in the NBA, who does it the right way. Shit people are even bashing him in this thread for always saying 'sota'. Yeah, God forbid a professional athlete in this day and age actually express genuine appreciation and kindness towards the fanbase who drafted and loved him. The nerve. How dare he.

STX_21
11-24-2008, 04:06 PM

What the fuck are you talkin about? I haven't met many Spurs fans that liked KG for YEARS now...long before he was a Celtic. KG been acting like an ass for years now and Spurs fans been hating since the TD incident.

Being intense and being an asshole ain't the same thing kid. You telling me he's the only guy that brings it every night, practice, etc? And stop this KG is a winner shit please. He's spent his entire career losing, and all his teams weren't bad, so about all this unversal love shit you talkin? speak for youself!

balli
11-24-2008, 04:10 PM
But it wouldn't be fair to ignore how his fake tough guy image can rub fans of other teams the wrong way. That part of his image is hugely fabricated and has been proven time and again. What kind of fugazy 7-footer picks on Luke Ridnour and Jose Calderon? And now that he has a ring, instead of eliminating that fake part of his personality, it seems to have enhanced it . . .

I simply disagree. I've read too much shit over the years where NBA players and NBA coaches went out of their way to talk about KG's work ethic and leadership abilities. It is no fabrication.

If you want to talk about fighting/tough guy shit, that's another story and frankly, it's one I don't care about. Right now I'm talking about his ability to practice basketball, play basketball and make his team better at basketball. I don't give a fuck if KG can't fight, but gives the impression he could. WTF does that have to do with basketball?

balli
11-24-2008, 04:12 PM
What the fuck are you talkin about? I haven't met many Spurs fans that liked KG for YEARS now...long before he was a Celtic. KG been acting like an ass for years now and Spurs fans been hating since the TD incident.

Yeah well. Right now. Fuck Spurs fans. I'm an NBA fan.

timvp
11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I simply disagree. I've read too much shit over the years where NBA players and NBA coaches went out of their way to talk about KG's work ethic and leadership abilities. It is no fabrication.

If you want to talk about fighting/tough guy shit, that's another story and frankly, it's one I don't care about.What in that paragraph you quoted are you disagreeing with? That paragraph is about him being a fake tough guy. I didn't say he wasn't a leader or didn't have a good work ethic.

Right now I'm talking about his ability to practice basketball, play basketball and make his team better at basketball. What happened in his last three years in Sota?

I don't give a fuck if KG can't fight, but gives the impression he could. WTF does that have to do with basketball?He doesn't have to fight but picking on players half your size and then running behind a ref when they challenge you is weak any way you slice it.

balli
11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
A lot of it had to be made up. If he were always that intense, how did he not implode in his final couple years in "Sota" when they were a lottery team? Eventually he had to simmer down and accept losing. Hell, he even came down with a couple end of the year phantom injuries so he could get a head start on vacation.

He did implode. He broke down on national TV remember? And those phantom injuries were forced on him by McHale in his last TWolve season. The season every single lottery team did the exact same thing in hopes of getting Durant or Oden. Didn't have shit to do with KG going on vacation.

Apparently wasn't helping enough in his final three years in Sota when he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs.
You mean the team that had the absolute shittiest roster in the NBA outside of KG. TD couldn't have dragged those teams into the playoffs either. Shaq in his prime couldn't have done it. I'm not going to hate on KG because he missed the playoffs 3 seasons, while on an absolutely awful and hopeless roster. And I don't believe for a second, that KG wasn't trying his absolute, upmost hardest, despite the futility of doing so.

Foye's main problem is that he sucks.

That's fine, but he's openly admitting that he sucks more, without KG on his practice court.

KG wasn't universally loved and revered. Exaggeration.

Agreed. Exaggeration. But I doubt you'd argue that he's hasn't had a significant decline in popularity (outside of Boston) since 2004.

But it wouldn't be fair to ignore how his fake tough guy image can rub fans of other teams the wrong way.
You're right, wouldn't be fair. But I also think it's not fair, in a league with so many de-motivated players, to hold it against him in such extreme regard. It's not something that should make one loathe KG, especially when you factor in all the positive things about him.

Red Hawk #21
11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z170/joejohnson24/3048336322_a8b99d1fc2_o.jpg

koriwhat
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM
but he'd get the crap beaten out of him if he tried that shit on anyone bigger than 6'1".

that's uh...pretty much everyone in the league.

and yeah i can't stand kg's antics either. always acted like a fool who had already scaled the mountain and now that he got his ring he's 10x worse.

polandprzem
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM

Why.

Exactly

I hate the fucker

I so wished hawks won that series

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 05:13 PM
your sorry ass team wouldn't have made it to the playoffs had the league called the referee pushing incident. if the league suspended amare and diaw for a non confrontation due to a stiff rule interpretation, how come they decided to suspend it for mr douchebag?

Wouldnt have made the playoffs or to the finals? The "if" card can be used for just about everything. IF KG was suspended, IF Manu had been healthy, IF the Lakers didnt acquire Gasol, IF Amare wasnt suspended, etc etc.

Yeah the Celts caught a major break with avoiding a suspension. If a Spurs player had done that and avoided a suspension from a playoff game, I think you would accept a break like that in a heartbeat. KG is a competitive player who takes it too far. I also agree that if you pop him in the face, he wont really try to fight back. I am not going to sit here and call KG a tough sob you dont want to fuck with. Hell I dont even call him the Celtics best player.

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Boston didn't have any fans until last season. Fucking bandwagon fans.

Bandwagonners are the worst type of sports fan.

Been a Celts fan during both Antoine Walker eras. :depressed

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM

I believe you, but it's crazy how Boston doesn't get a bandwagon rep.

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I believe you, but it's crazy how Boston doesn't get a bandwagon rep.

I wont sit here and call all of our fans loyal. We have our share of front runners just like laker fans do or Yankee fans etc etc.

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I wont sit here and call all of our fans loyal. We have our share of front runners just like laker fans do or Yankee fans etc etc.

Obviously. I am just saying, look at the Pats last year. I've never seen a wagon so full in my life.

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Obviously. I am just saying, look at the Pats last year. I've never seen a wagon so full in my life.

:lmao:lmao I met Pat fans who were really fans of Tom Brady's cuteness. :lmao:lmao I met Pat fans who thought last year was the first time the Pats lost the superbowl. :lmao:lmao

bostonguy
11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
None of us liked KG before he got to the Celtics and we sure as fuck don't like him now.

The thing is I liked the Celtics before KG got there. I really liked the 80's Celtics a lot. Now I don't like them at all. Not because you won it all last season, but because of KG.

This article is right. The guy picks on smaller players and acts tough all the time, but he'd get the crap beaten out of him if he tried that shit on anyone bigger than 6'1".

Agreed. I have seen that over the years.

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
:lmao:lmao I met Pat fans who were really fans of Tom Brady's cuteness. :lmao:lmao I met Pat fans who thought last year was the first time the Pats lost the superbowl. :lmao:lmao

:lol You guys are like the Lakers, Yankees of the NFL. Well, a toss up between you guys and Dallas.

Sissiborgo
11-24-2008, 05:50 PM

Damn right...:ihit

SpursFanFirst
11-24-2008, 06:50 PM
THUG LIFE

:lmao

Obstructed_View
11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
exactly that :pctoss

fucking douchebag KG i bet he didn't even get a warning for that :bang

I think the Spurs won 12 playoff games in a row after that.

Obstructed_View
11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
And to anyone who thinks his act isn't manufactured, you must have missed the "anything is possible" moment. :rolleyes

balli
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
From today's truehoop:

You notice Randy Foye said he found Kevin Garnett inspiring as a teammate? Then Garnett comes to town, and presumably spoke to Foye. Then Foye had an amazing game against the Pistons. Britt Robson on Foye: "... the Foye we saw the first 11 games of the season was almost shockingly incapable of demonstrating, let alone inspiring, confidence. Malingering defense, clanked jumpers and silly mental errors that seemed to increase in late-game pressure situations--really inexplicable stuff like too many steps after picking up his dribble, or tossing the ball right to an opponent after unnecessarily leaving his feet--gave one the impression that Foye was buckling. His affected indifference to his travails, or poker-faced claims that nothing was amiss, made him, depending upon how intently you studied and interpreted his charade, either a bad liar or terrified into denial. About the only times Wolves fans weren't aggravated with Foye was when the team's best player (Al Jefferson) and head coach (Randy Wittman) were tactlessly taking him to the woodshed, in a manner that felt like cheap scapegoating. As if Jefferson, and especially Wittman, weren't vulnerable to one of their pecking-order superiors pulling out a drawer-full of grievances on their miscues. Which is all a long ramp-up to saying that tonight (Sunday) was the best Foye has ever played in a Wolves uniform. His 14 assists topped his career high of 10, and could have reached at least 18--I counted four muffs on table-setting dishes, including the opening possession when he posted up Allen Iverson, drew the double team and set Jefferson up in perfect rhythm heading hoopward off his right hand on the opposite side."

jack sommerset
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Alot of you are JEALOUS. Alot of folks are eatting crow, they said Garnett would never win a ring but now he has and all you have to say is he picks on lil guys.:lol

Obstructed_View
11-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Alot of you are JEALOUS. Alot of folks are eatting crow, they said Garnett would never win a ring but now he has and all you have to say is he picks on lil guys.:lol

Saying "KG will never win a ring" and "KG will never lead a team to a title" are two separate things. Wake me when the latter is proven untrue.

Fernando TD21
11-24-2008, 09:02 PM
:toast

Spurs fans have seen that contempt grow for a decade.

Him acting like a bad azz who puffs out his chest because he is the baddest MF on the court is certainly an act. Anytime anyone has ever stood up to him and challenged him on an NBA court, he finds a ref to hide behind.

Besides KG talking trash about Duncan dead mom, he's also tried to pick fights with both Parker in Ginobili. Both times Parker and Ginobili stood up to him and when chest to chest, KG backpedaled to find a ref to hide behind.

A lot of it had to be made up. If he were always that intense, how did he not implode in his final couple years in "Sota" when they were a lottery team? Eventually he had to simmer down and accept losing. Hell, he even came down with a couple end of the year phantom injuries so he could get a head start on vacation.

Apparently wasn't helping enough in his final three years in Sota when he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs.

Foye's main problem is that he sucks.

KG wasn't universally loved and revered. Exaggeration.

All that said, I don't hate KG. In fact, if I got to pick one player to put next to Duncan on the Spurs, I'd probably pick KG because he's damn good at basketball and is one of the most intense players to ever play. I respect KG for playing hard and for his obvious love of the game. Plus he's been a very good ambassador for the NBA for a long while.

:toast

I used to like KG until I realized what type of character he has. But as a player, I think he is really good, although he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

exstatic
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM

Uh, no. KG would be considered tough if every dude he ran smack on wasn't 6'0". He's a MAJOR poser, and Tim Duncan OWNS his ass.

You know what I'd like to see? I'd love to see him start some shit with Ime Udoka. I'd fucking PPV that shit. Udoka would use his ass like the round floor wipers that the ball boys use to clean the sweat drips off the floor after FTs. KG would have to retire in shame after that beat down.

GSH
11-24-2008, 10:43 PM
They should have suspended his sorry ass for pushing that ref during the Hawks series.Who knows maybe the Hawks could of pulled it off if Gay-G was out.:wow

Not many things have pissed me off as much as that. The suspension is supposed to be automatic, and the league ignored it because it was Garnett and the Celtics. And I don't think there is any way they get past Atlanta if Garnett was watching from home. Now he thinks he's bullet-proof.

My vote for the player I'd like to see bitch-slap Garnett is Dwight Howard.

spursfan09
11-24-2008, 10:50 PM

The Boston Celtic fans= current bandwagoner fan base. When Celtic fans start posting from out of nowhere...that amkes all the more obvious.

NZ Spurs
11-24-2008, 11:55 PM
NBA most valuable player Kevin Garnett punched a former University of Minnesota player during a pickup game last week at Target Center, cutting the man's face and chipping his tooth.

Garnett punched Rick Rickert, a second-round draft pick of the Timberwolves last season, according to several sources with knowledge of the event. Seven stitches were required to close the cut on Rickert's chin, said Susan Rickert, the player's mother, during a phone interview yesterday.

Rickert, 21, scored several times with the 6-foot-11 Garnett guarding him. Several other players began to "tease" Garnett about being outplayed, according to a source. When Rickert scored again, Garnett struck him without warning.

Garnett punched teammate Wally Szczerbiak in the head following an argument, in 2000.

Asshole.

Many PackYao
11-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Not many things have pissed me off as much as that. The suspension is supposed to be automatic, and the league ignored it because it was Garnett and the Celtics. And I don't think there is any way they get past Atlanta if Garnett was watching from home. Now he thinks he's bullet-proof.

My vote for the player I'd like to see bitch-slap Garnett is Dwight Howard.
It would have been just as good to see McDyess whoop his ass when they had that altercation a few years back. I remember Cagey running away like a little bitch when he saw Dyess coming towards him.:lol

timtonymanu
11-25-2008, 02:05 AM
this is why i wasnt rooting for the Celtics over the Lakers in the finals. and i dislike the Lakers alot. i couldnt stand the Celtics roster last year. the only ones i respected were both of the Allens, Rondo, Powe, and Posey. everyone else had an ego problem. search up a video of BRIAN SCALABRINE on youtube talking smack after winning a ring he didn't work for. KG is the main reason why i cant stand the Celtics. As long as TD is around, KG will never be the best PF in the league.

E20
11-25-2008, 02:11 AM
I would take Dirk over KG.

bostonguy
11-25-2008, 03:12 AM
The Boston Celtic fans= current bandwagoner fan base. When Celtic fans start posting from out of nowhere...that amkes all the more obvious.

Well there are what a total of 2 celtic fans at this site? Kinda shocking more of those front runners arent here.

spursfan09
11-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Are there 2? I don't keep track. I just looked at your registration date.

but for the record, I hated KG way before he was on the Celtics.

There has always been that TD vs KG rivalry, and so far TD has the upper hand.

NBA Junkie
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Even had Garnett been suspended for game 5 of that Atlanta series last spring, the Celtics would still have won that game in Boston.

The difference is they would have won by 10 instead of 20 points. :lol

balli
11-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I think of the the Celtics the same way I think of the Cubs. I would consider myself a Cubs fan. I was born in Chicago and all my family is there. I maybe see them play 25 times a year. When the playoffs start or when the team is good, me and a lot of other Cub fans, with loose affiliation to Chicago, come out of the woodwork and increase our interest level in the team. I'm sure some self-righteous die hards would consider that to be bandwagonry, but frankly it isn't.

Boston's the same way. There are a lot of people who have a loose affiliation and rooting interest in the Celtics. Maybe not enough to support the team with all their energy when the team is bad, but they are people who like and always have liked The Celtics. It only makes sense that they would increase their level of interest in the team, given the team's recent success.

So, IMO, Boston does not have a bandwagon fanbase. At least not like Golden State and Atlanta.

I Love Me Some Me
11-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I think of the the Celtics the same way I think of the Cubs. I would consider myself a Cubs fan. I was born in Chicago and all my family is there. I maybe see them play 25 times a year. When the playoffs start or when the team is good, me and a lot of other Cub fans, with loose affiliation to Chicago, come out of the woodwork and increase our interest level in the team. I'm sure some self-righteous die hards would consider that to be bandwagonry, but frankly it isn't.

Actually, I think that's the epitome of bandwagoning.

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
It's still hilarious to hear Laker fans talk about bandwagoning like they don't do it, when the simple fact is that any Laker fan who wasn't a Lakers fan before 1984 is absolutely a bandwagoner, and there's no way to deny it.

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 02:54 PM
It's still hilarious to hear Laker fans talk about bandwagoning like they don't do it, when the simple fact is that any Laker fan who wasn't a Lakers fan before 1984 is absolutely a bandwagoner, and there's no way to deny it.

Damn, you got me. I guess I'm a bandwagoner.

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Damn, you got me. I guess I'm a bandwagoner.

You sure are.

Findog
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM

It depends on how old you are. I didn't start following sports until I was 9 years old. That was 1987.

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 03:13 PM
It depends on how old you are. I didn't start following sports until I was 9 years old. That was 1987.

True to an extent, because I didn't follow basketball until 1991 or so. Our family had moved to Dallas then so it made sense to root for the Mavs.

But every Lakers fan who started rooting for the Lakers from 1984 or later had the choice of the Lakers or the Clippers. If they picked the Lakers, they obviously picked the more popular and successful team. Which means they jumped on the bandwagon.

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
True to an extent, because I didn't follow basketball until 1991 or so. Our family had moved to Dallas then so it made sense to root for the Mavs.

But every Lakers fan who started rooting for the Lakers from 1984 or later had the choice of the Lakers or the Clippers. If they picked the Lakers, they obviously picked the more popular and successful team. Which means they jumped on the bandwagon.

I picked the team my dad rooted for. Lakers, Raiders and Dodgers.

Anti.Hero
11-25-2008, 03:16 PM

Damn right.

Findog
11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I picked the team my dad rooted for. Lakers, Raiders and Dodgers.

In other words, you're a resident of Southern California, correct? As long as you stuck with them in the Cedric Ceballos/Nick Van Exel/Del Harris and Kobe/Smush Parker partial-birth abortion eras, you're a true fan...unlike 21 Deuces, who only roots for them when they're good.

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
In other words, you're a resident of Southern California, correct? As long as you stuck with them in the Cedric Ceballos/Nick Van Exel/Del Harris and Kobe/Smush Parker partial-birth abortion eras, you're a true fan...unlike 21 Deuces, who only roots for them when they're good.

You're only a true fan if you join a team when they suck, kinda like mono and the Pats last season.

Anti.Hero
11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
THUG LIFE

lllmlfffao

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 03:26 PM
You're only a true fan if you join a team when they suck, kinda like mono and the Pats last season.

Don't shoot the messenger. You're a bandwagoner, and even worse, a mindless one who only roots for teams because his daddy tells him to.

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 03:28 PM

Oh the "tough" years where they made the playoffs almost every season?

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Don't shoot the messenger. You're a bandwagoner, and even worse, a mindless one who only roots for teams because his daddy tells him to.

Sorry for cheering for teams i've watched since I was 7. It always makes me chuckle when you call someone a bandwagon fan.

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Sorry for cheering for teams i've watched since I was 7. It always makes me chuckle when you call someone a bandwagon fan.

Justify it all you want, anybody who started rooting for the Lakers from 1984 on is a bandwagoner. If they weren't, they would have picked the Clippers. Stop projecting and just admit it.

balli
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Actually, I think that's the epitome of bandwagoning.

Why? I am a Cubs fan. I've been to Wrigley at least ten times, starting as a toddler. Andre Dawson and Ryne Sandberg were my heroes for a few years in the 80's. I have never rooted for or consistently watched another team.

I don't watch them all that much though anymore; I'm sorry I live in a state without the MLB and I'm sorry I don't follow them all that rigorously, but I'm not going to feel bad about putting on a Cub hat when the playoffs roll around. And in doing so I'm not jumping on a bandwagon of any sort. I'm upping my interest in the team I root and always have rooted for.

A bandwagon fan IMO, is a fan who has never supported a team and who has no reason to, all of a sudden joining up with some random club only because the team is good and they want to feel a part of it. I don't think many Cub fans (including myself), or many Boston Celtics fan, are of that type.

Findog
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh the "tough" years where they made the playoffs almost every season?

By their standards. It must be nice when Stern bails you out by orchestrating Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol.

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
By their standards. It must be nice when Stern bails you out by orchestrating Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol.

True, which is why I'm saying you can't know for sure if any post-1984 Laker fans are true Laker fans. They've never experienced rough times. Those "down years" in the 90's for the Lakers would have been a wet dream for any Mavs fan back then.

sook
11-25-2008, 04:34 PM
"I'm so happy KG finally got his ring."

I don't know how many times i've heard that shit phrase, if anything I'm pissed that he did.

I don't know how long it took for the rest of you to see past this shit bag.

Brandon Bass
11-25-2008, 05:05 PM
I could whip Garnett's ass.

LnGrrrR
11-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm a Celtics fan, and while I don't hate Garnett, I will say that he will back down when he's most needed. Thankfully we had Pierce and others who were willing to take big shots. For a big man, KG will back down and pull off that weird turn around jumper. I'm glad when he makes it, but I'm always puzzled why he never just goes to the hole.

LnGrrrR
11-25-2008, 07:02 PM

lol... I always had a soft spot for Antonie Walker. Maybe it's because our talent sucked SO bad those years. Maybe it was the Batman and Robin act that he and Pierce played. I don't know, I just couldn't hate him, no matter how many horrible 3's he jacked up.

Allanon
11-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm probably the biggest bandwagoner any of y'all will meet and I'll freely admit it.

I change teams whenever I move to another city. Right now I live in LA and I root for the Lakers and Clips. If I move to Orlando, I'll be a Magic fan. I've learned that it just too hard to see your favorite team when you're so far away.

I'll never be a Celtics fan, no matter what though.

LnGrrrR
11-25-2008, 07:15 PM

Any Boston fan who knows about Vin Baker should not be considered a bandwagoner. :)

LnGrrrR
11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm probably the biggest bandwagoner any of y'all will meet and I'll freely admit it.

I change teams whenever I move to another city. Right now I live in LA and I root for the Lakers and Clips. If I move to Orlando, I'll be a Magic fan. I've learned that it just too hard to see your favorite team when you're so far away.

I'll never be a Celtics fan, no matter what though.

I'm stationed in Biloxi, so I cheer for the Hornets. (It helps that they're in the other conference.) But I'll never root for them against my home team.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 07:31 PM
The only reason I became a Spurs fan is because I moved to San Antonio from Dallas in 1991. I still follow the Mavs and rooted for the Lakers, the Sixers and the Celtics in the 80s because the only games you could get on TV were the conference and league finals on tape-delay.

Isn't "bandwagon sports fan" kind of redundant? :lol

YellowFever
11-27-2008, 01:08 PM

What kind of convaluted idiot thinking is that?

So every Yankee fan from the 50's on is a bandwagon fan since they chose the more succesful Yankees rather than the Mets?

DrHouse
11-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Allanon you ever heard of League Pass? You can watch any game you freaking want.

Matt Bonner
11-27-2008, 01:40 PM
KG is a bitch
i would have killed him if I didn't get ejected