PDA

View Full Version : The Pistons sucks Major A$$

sook
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Just lost to the T-Wolves...and I'm embarrassed to even say by how much...

Allanon
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I watched that game and didn't even know who that kid torching them was until I realized it was Randy Foye of Brandon Roy trade fame.

boutons_
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
They took Sunday off. It happens.

Indazone
11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
lol these threads are funny. Only a few teams with fans here have yet to Suck Major A$$ yet. The Spurs, Suns, Blazers, and Queens. Still waiting for that first Spurs suck major A$$ thread. LOL :lol

z0sa
11-23-2008, 09:49 PM
lol these threads are funny. Only a few teams with fans here have yet to Suck Major A$$ yet. The Spurs, Suns, Blazers, and Queens. Still waiting for that first Spurs suck major A$$ thread. LOL :lol

We have a spurs forum for the many of those posted weekly.

Lp26
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, Yes they do.

Indazone
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
haha..yeah that's true. But to see a title like all these over there would be funny.

JamStone
11-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Timberwolves > Pistons > Lakers

Pretty much says it all right there.

sook
11-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Timberwolves > Pistons > Lakers

Pretty much says it all right there.

Where are the rockets in there?

Lp26
11-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Timberwolves >>>> Rest of the League

turiaf for president
11-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Where are the rockets in there?

well since the lakers killed the rockets, wolves > pistons > lakers > rockets

sook
11-24-2008, 12:00 AM
well since the lakers killed the rockets, wolves > pistons > lakers > rockets

o noes!

Bandwagon Fan
11-24-2008, 12:19 AM
wolves > pistons > lakers > rockets > wolves

Vinnie_Johnson
11-24-2008, 12:48 AM
wolves > pistons > lakers > rockets > wolves

The NBA > The Clippers :toast

timaios
11-24-2008, 01:31 AM
spurs > wolves > pistons > lakers > rockets

Spurs won against the FANTASTIC Wolves at Minnesota in a 2OT game with 55 pts from Tony Parker. :flag:

z0sa
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
The one thing I'd like to say about Parker individual game vs the Twolves.

He was being guarded almost EXCLUSIVELY by Corey Brewer who is 6'9, young/athletic, and a decent defender - parker still burned him on both jumpers and layups over and over and ...

:smokin

Killakobe81
11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
The one thing I'd like to say about Parker individual game vs the Twolves.

He was being guarded almost EXCLUSIVELY by Corey Brewer who is 6'9, young/athletic, and a decent defender - parker still burned him on both jumpers and layups over and over and ...

:smokin

The LONE HIGHLIGHT/bright spot of the Spurs season so far ..i hope you guys have others ...well I would say MAson has been an INCERDIBLE FIND as well

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Meaningless game it happens to every team. But that being said remember when the Pistons used to be a defensive juggernaught.

JamStone
11-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Meaningless game it happens to every team. But that being said remember when the Pistons used to be a defensive juggernaught.

Yup, the last time that was the case was 2004-05.

NBA Junkie
11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
The Pistons only suck A$$ on Sundays.

0-3 so far this season.

ShoogarBear
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Still waiting for that first Spurs suck major A$$ thread. LOL :lol

There have been six of them this year so far.

Lp26
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
The Pistons only suck A$$ on Sundays.

0-3 so far this season.

This is also true, but i look forward to the future suckage that will now be on all days. :depressed

Reck
11-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Is not like they got beat by the Clippers or Supersonics..ahum I mean Thunder.

There should only be a thread like this when one of those absolute bottom feeders win against top teams.

JamStone
11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Minnesota was something like 2-9 before the game. That was their first road win. They are one of the absolute bottom feeders. The Pistons should get blasted for the loss, especially being at home and having adequate rest. That was a horrible loss. And, the Pistons have a ton of problems to work out at the moment.

sook
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Minnesota was something like 2-9 before the game. That was their first road win. They are one of the absolute bottom feeders. The Pistons should get blasted for the loss, especially being at home and having adequate rest. That was a horrible loss. And, the Pistons have a ton of problems to work out at the moment.

I think the AI trade made the pistons worse...still its way too early to tell , perhaps they need more time to gell.

Ron Artest, T-MAC and Yao have developed some great chemistry over the last couple of games so as long as he doesn't give you guys the cancer he did in Denver you should be ok.

NBA Junkie
11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Just one of those games where the Wolves simply couldn't miss a shot and the Pistons couldn't make one.

This game was merely an anomaly and not a trend.

Darrin
11-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Just lost to the T-Wolves...and I'm embarrassed to even say by how much...

That's not unusual. They have no pass-first offense and that rock is always on the floor. Speed is there as are the screens, but open shots aren't utilized. The smart play just a month ago is now not even considered. The details are causing losses and that hasn't happened since 2005-06's postseason. The problems are on the defensive side of the basketball. Iverson gets lost on rotations as he has his entire career.

The shot-blocked and the unforced turnover are back. It's been the better part of three seasons since we could say that. They have no chemistry together. Prince is asked to do everything--go to the boards and initiate the offense. Rasheed stands out on the perimeter and why is he acting as the coach? Rip has NO ROLE anymore. Will Bynum is their best passer and he plays out of control too often. I feel they're in more control when Maxiell, Afflalo, Prince, and Stuckey are on the floor.

I can only hold on for so long. With the upheaval of the Billups trade, the package in return, Saunders' firing, Mike Curry's hire, and Kwame Brown this has been a disasterous offseason. Even worse, Amir Johnson is not a good basketball player. Joe Dumars brought this on himself. This season he's living off his reputation.

I'm not following bad basketball in this town, so until they put it together,

I'm out. Bring on the rest of the teams still playing quality basketball, like the Lakers.

Lp26
11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
That's not unusual. They have no pass-first offense and that rock is always on the floor. Speed is there as are the screens, but open shots aren't utilized. The smart play just a month ago is now not even considered. The details are causing losses and that hasn't happened since 2005-06's postseason. The problems are on the defensive side of the basketball. Iverson gets lost on rotations as he has his entire career.

The shot-blocked and the unforced turnover are back. It's been the better part of three seasons since we could say that. They have no chemistry together. Prince is asked to do everything--go to the boards and initiate the offense. Rasheed stands out on the perimeter and why is he acting as the coach? Rip has NO ROLE anymore. Will Bynum is their best passer and he plays out of control too often. I feel they're in more control when Maxiell, Afflalo, Prince, and Stuckey are on the floor.

I can only hold on for so long. With the upheaval of the Billups trade, the package in return, Saunders' firing, Mike Curry's hire, and Kwame Brown this has been a disasterous offseason. Even worse, Amir Johnson is not a good basketball player. Joe Dumars brought this on himself. This season he's living off his reputation.

I'm not following bad basketball in this town, so until they put it together,

I'm out. Bring on the rest of the teams still playing quality basketball, like the Lakers.

That was a great assessment. I'm personally taking a break from actually watching the games for a week or two. I have stuff to do and i really don't need my time occupied with thinking about how f'ed up this team is right now. That being said i'm not becoming a Lakers fan.

Allanon
12-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm watching the Pistons vs Knicks and I have a feeling this thread is going to be bumped today :D

Kriz-Maxima
12-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm watching the Pistons vs Knicks and I have a feeling this thread is going to be bumped today :D

Of course you had the feeling, you just bumped it.

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow Curry is making D'Antoni look like Popovich

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM
You can probably take Detroit off the list of teams that are legit threats to Boston in the East.

Lp26
12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Allen Iverson has killed our team. :depressed

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Allen Iverson has killed our team. :depressed

They should have kept Billups. I know the team needed a shot of fresh blood but Dumars just blew it. I don't think Billups was the problem.

Lp26
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
They should have kept Billups. I know the team needed a shot of fresh blood but Dumars just blew it. I don't think Billups was the problem.

He did blow it. With the new coach (and lack of Flip), the infusion of Stuckey/Amir/AA (our bench just in case you're like WTF is that :lol), and the players giving the most effort being on the floor, this team would have been fine.

Unfortunately, Joe's always had a man crush on AI, and with wanting to send Billups home, we get what we see now.

Armando
12-07-2008, 01:36 PM
He did blow it. With the new coach (and lack of Flip), the infusion of Stuckey/Amir/AA (our bench just in case you're like WTF is that :lol), and the players giving the most effort being on the floor, this team would have been fine.

Unfortunately, Joe's always had a man crush on AI, and with wanting to send Billups home, we get what we see now.

As much as some Pistons fans may cringe the best coach for them was Brown. His approach worked well for the team.

Lp26
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM
As much as some Pistons fans may cringe the best coach for them was Brown. His approach worked well for the team.

He was. Our owner is really big on having what he considers "good people" though, and he can hold a grudge like nobody's business. Getting rid of Brown wasn't Joe D's move, it was his.

Allanon
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
And the Sunday Jinx continues...

Piston's should put in a 9PM curfew on Saturday nights before a game.

On a sidenote, it looks like basketball is finally returning to New York.

Reck
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
How the hell did the Spurs lose by 10+ points against the Pistons when they cant even beat the likes of Minesotta, the Knicks or even Philly. :(

Lp26
12-07-2008, 03:34 PM
How the hell did the Spurs lose by 10+ points against the Pistons when they cant even beat the likes of Minesotta, the Knicks or even Philly. :(

We are schizophrenic, and we put more effort into the "big games".

Darrin
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
We are schizophrenic, and we put more effort into the "big games".

Goin' to work. Only when it's important.

Kriz-Maxima
12-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Goin' to work. Only when it's important.

Which is not a new trait of this team.

Darrin
12-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Which is not a new trait of this team.

Yes it is. If there's a complaint about the Saunders' era, it's that the team showed its playbook and energy before the postseason.

Kriz-Maxima
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes it is. If there's a complaint about the Saunders' era, it's that the team showed its playbook and energy before the postseason.

So the whole "switch" fame was just a hoax concocted by Flip's detractors? News to me. The Pistons are struggling right now, while taking games off is something they have done for years.

And yes, disappearing in the playoffs against good teams is also something they have done for years

Lp26
12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
So the whole "switch" fame was just a hoax concocted by Flip's detractors? News to me. The Pistons are struggling right now, while taking games off is something they have done for years.

And yes, disappearing in the playoffs against good teams is also something they have done for years

They did it far, far less under LB. In fact, i can only think of maybe 2 games tops in the PO's that they didn't show up for.

Kriz-Maxima
12-07-2008, 04:32 PM
They did it far, far less under LB. In fact, i can only think of maybe 2 games tops in the PO's that they didn't show up for.

Hence why i said Flip's detractors.

Lp26
12-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Hence why i said Flip's detractors.

Ah, i misread the post. My mistake.

JamStone
12-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes, they do. Suck very bad.

Brazil
12-07-2008, 05:00 PM

Pop tanking :downspin:

j-money24
12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
well pistons beat my lakers badly
so i dono
their very inconsistent..

Allanon
12-08-2008, 03:07 AM
This may be the reason they lost the game...

Detroit coach Michael Curry delivered that news (Kwame Brown will no longer be a starter) Sunday following another inexplicably lackluster effort (well, maybe there was an explanation, as many of Curry's players were out late Saturday night in Manhattan watching Oscar De la Hoya get beat up by Manny Pacquiao) as the Pistons fell behind by 29 in the second quarter and ultimately dropped a 104-92 decision to the New York Knicks. "

Kriz-Maxima
12-08-2008, 07:54 AM
This may be the reason they lost the game...

Detroit coach Michael Curry delivered that news (Kwame Brown will no longer be a starter) Sunday following another inexplicably lackluster effort (well, maybe there was an explanation, as many of Curry's players were out late Saturday night in Manhattan watching Oscar De la Hoya get beat up by Manny Pacquiao) as the Pistons fell behind by 29 in the second quarter and ultimately dropped a 104-92 decision to the New York Knicks. "

Bonding? That is excellent!

Ghazi
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Jesus, down 29 in the 2nd against the Knicks?

That's absolutely terrible.

Pistons are fighting for 3rd place at this point, they can't hold a candle to the Cavs/Celtics.

Lp26
12-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Bonding? That is excellent!

That was actually my first thought :lol. Then i realized they probably didn't tell AI or told him they were doing something else and had him waiting at the wrong place. :lmao

Darthkiller
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Jesus, down 29 in the 2nd against the Knicks?

That's absolutely terrible.

Pistons are fighting for 3rd place at this point, they can't hold a candle to the Cavs/Celtics.

really ? last time i checked, the pistons beat cavs . but boston> pistons...

Ghazi
12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Big deal, one regular season game that is looking moer and more like a fluke with each passing Cavs game and each passing Pistons game.

Cavs have a much better record, and a much higher point differential. Cleveland > Detroit + winners in 07 ECF

Kriz-Maxima
12-08-2008, 05:10 PM
That was actually my first thought :lol. Then i realized they probably didn't tell AI or told him they were doing something else and had him waiting at the wrong place. :lmao

You think they finally decided to do that whole razors in the sneakers joke?

Lp26
12-08-2008, 05:27 PM
You think they finally decided to do that whole razors in the sneakers joke?

Maybe :lol. The throwing AI out of the moving car obviously hasn't improved chemistry.

Kriz-Maxima
12-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Maybe :lol. The throwing AI out of the moving car obviously hasn't improved chemistry.

Every time I think about that the image of Sheed rolling down the highway invades my head, and i can't help but laugh out loud.

HANNIBAL SMITH
12-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Seems like the Pistons only show up when they're playing elite teams.................. minus the Celtics, they've kick the pistons ass twice, WITH IVERSON.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Mcdyess is back........ enjoy playing on a team killed by AI :lol

I'm glad he didn't stay in Denver. Frees up more time for Balkman :smokin

sonic21
12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Seems like the Pistons only show up when they're playing elite teams.................. minus the Celtics, they've kick the pistons ass twice, WITH IVERSON.

wait what?

Lp26
12-09-2008, 09:16 PM
This team is done. We can probably close this thread. They suck so bad right now it's not even worth posting about.

Darthkiller
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
:bang:bang:bang:bang

blowing up big lead again and got destroyed by wizards ....

Lp26
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
:bang:bang:bang:bang

blowing up big lead again and got destroyed by wizards ....

You know I've come to the conclusion that while the CB trade blows, it sucks even more b/c we didn't a player back.

I don't know how much more of midget-ball i can take. :depressed

JamStone
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Not good.

hater
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
don't panic. the wizard were 1 Butler 3pt from beating the Lakers. The wiz woke up. they are a decent team.

Kriz-Maxima
12-09-2008, 10:28 PM
don't panic. the wizard were 1 Butler 3pt from beating the Lakers. The wiz woke up. they are a decent team.

The Pistons are not.

sook
12-09-2008, 10:32 PM
The Pistons are not.

AI does this wherever he goes, the nuggs used to be like they are now before AI got there

Kriz-Maxima
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM
AI does this wherever he goes, the nuggs used to be like they are now before AI got there

AI is only one factor.

sook
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM
AI is only one factor.

The pistons had some of the greatest Chemistry i had ever seen.

Kriz-Maxima
12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
The pistons had some of the greatest Chemistry i had ever seen.

Which helped ignore their deficiencies. They always got so close they convinced you all they needed was just one more chance.

Lp26
12-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Which helped ignore their deficiencies. They always got so close they convinced you all they needed was just one more chance.

This year should have been their last chance. You change a huge variable with the (playoff choking) coach, and then you trade your PG ? Stupid idea. At least wait until the deadline to see the effect.

CB will be efficient well into that contract. He doesn't rely on athleticism. Joe fucked up. Plain and simple.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Coach Curry is Clueless he is the worst coach in the NBA bring back Doug Collins.

sook
12-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Coach Curry is Clueless he is the worst coach in the NBA bring back Doug Collins.

Terry Porter my friend...Terry Porter.

Reck
12-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow even the Wizzas over The Pistons?

Spur-Addict
12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Of course you had the feeling, you just bumped it.

:lmao