PDA

View Full Version : Rockets lose Sura with 2 days to replace him

totalspurshomer
02-23-2005, 07:50 AM
Sura is out with pain in his lower back(the same area he had surgery on at season's beginning) and JVG says that he'll miss significant time.

If you've been watching the Rockets during their last 25 or so games, you know that Sura has been a big key and, other than losing Yao or TMac, this really hurts because they only have geezer Strickland and the rookie Barrrett behind him. Last night's loss to Seattle was due in large part to the contributions Sura was making....near triple doubles plus Manu-like hustle. They've got to make a move if they want to do anything in the playoffs.

With the deadline so close, who do you guys see them getting? Payton would seem to be an option.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Sura is out with pain in his lower back(the same area he had surgery on at season's beginning) and JVG says that he'll miss significant time.

If you've been watching the Rockets during their last 25 or so games, you know that Sura has been a big key and, other than losing Yao or TMac, this really hurts because they only have geezer Strickland and the rookie Barrrett behind him. Last night's loss to Seattle was due in large part to the contributions Sura was making....near triple doubles plus Manu-like hustle. They've got to make a move if they want to do anything in the playoffs.

With the deadline so close, who do you guys see them getting? Payton would seem to be an option.

NBA forum who cares what the rockets do

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 09:06 AM
NBA forum who cares what the rockets do

Helloooo??????

We play them tonight, numbnuts....Rockets' news is apropos

SpursWoman
02-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Helloooo??????

We play then tonight, numbnuts....Rockets' news is apropos

No kidding. :lol

And considering the Spurs are down to them 0-2 ... this is pretty big news. Sura is a solid contributor.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Speaking of Houston, here is a preseason poll in the Houston Chronicle of both their journalist's and their readers choices of division winners , Conf champions and NBA champion.

Talk about homers, check out the reader's choice to win the championship: :lol

Writers' and Readers' Picks

Richard Justice
Fran Blinebury
Jonathan Feige
Megan Manfull
Chronicle online polls.

SOUTHWEST
• San Antonio
• San Antonio
• San Antonio
• San Antonio
• San Antonio

NORTHWEST
• Minnesota
• Minnesota
• Minnesota
• Minnesota
• Minnesota

PACIFIC
• Sacramento
• Sacramento
• Sacramento
• Sacramento
• Sacramento

ATLANTIC
• Philadelphia
• Philadelphia
• Philadephia
• New York
• New York

CENTRAL
• Detroit
• Detroit
• Detroit
• Detroit
• Detroit

SOUTHEAST
• Miami
• Miami
• Miami
• Miami
• Miami

WEST CHAMP
• San Antonio
• Minnesota
• Minnesota
• San Antonio
• Houston

EAST CHAMP
• Detroit
• Miami
• Detroit
• Detroit
• Detroit

NBA CHAMP
• San Antonio
• Minnesota
• Minnesota
• San Antonio
• Houston :lol

HoustonChronicle.com/Sports

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Helloooo??????

We play them tonight, numbnuts....Rockets' news is apropos

Who cares,just because we lost to them does not mean crap.Can't wait for playoffs and the SPURS win it all and most of you all in this forum would come out and say I new all along.

SequSpur
02-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Who cares,just because we lost to them does not mean crap.Can't wait for playoffs and the SPURS win it all and most of you all in this forum would come out and say I new all along.

Teams gain confidence against other teams during the regular season. Remember when 8th seed Denver knocked off 1 seed Seattle back in 93 or 94.

I agree that most here think that everything Pop does is Hall of famerish, but I surely don't.

I don't see any titles with Rasho in the middle. And if it happens it will be because Manu or Parker just go off in a 7 game series. We can only hope.

waly.mg
02-23-2005, 12:16 PM
We are 0-2 in the Road, with 2 games remaining in San Antonio, isn΄t a tipical 0-2 when you lost at home and away
We are 23-1 in the SBC Center

SequSpur
02-23-2005, 12:28 PM
The expect the Spurs to win all their home games and most of their away games.

Its very important that they win as much as possible to get home court advantage over the Suns or the Mavs. Also, they need to make sure that they stay ahead of the Eastern teams as well.

If Duncan is still hurting, Rockets will win this game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Mother $*@#$&*!!! Here comes the beginning of the end for my fantasy hoops run.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Teams gain confidence against other teams during the regular season. Remember when 8th seed Denver knocked off 1 seed Seattle back in 93 or 94.

I agree that most here think that everything Pop does is Hall of famerish, but I surely don't.

I don't see any titles with Rasho in the middle. And if it happens it will be because Manu or Parker just go off in a 7 game series. We can only hope.

Seattle had won 3 of 4 against Denver that year....the reg season had nothing to do with that upset. Seattle had 2-0 lead in that series...but Denver gained confidence in each loss because they kept getting better and better.

Also if you remember, SA swept Houston in 95 and then lost to them playoffs.

exstatic
02-23-2005, 02:52 PM
AHF - If your team lynchpin is a guy who started the season out with back surgery, then you need to plan a bit better.

SequSpur
02-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Jimbo,

I lived in Denver from 92-95. I know all about it, in fact I was there when Denver beat seattle in the playoffs.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Jimbo,

I lived in Denver from 92-95. I know all about it, in fact I was there when Denver beat seattle in the playoffs.

And, I am right. Denver lost 1st two games and won the next 3 games to close them out in the best of 5 series.

What is your point? This totally contradicts you point earlier.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-23-2005, 09:18 PM
ex,

It's not the core players who decide your fantasy fate, it's the guys surrounding them that do.