PDA

View Full Version : Billups

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-23-2008, 11:36 PM
:toast He makes this Nuggets team key down the stretch. He makes the big plays and finds the right people.

Lots of manlove for Chauncey :lmao:toast

lefty
11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Chauncey is awesome

barbacoataco
11-23-2008, 11:46 PM
CP3 is more talented, Nash has the MVP's, and Parker has the hardware, but Billups is right up there too with the best PG's.

MI21
11-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I can't stand him.

Good player though.

JamStone
11-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Good job, Chaunce.

Lp26
11-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Enjoy it. I wish i actually liked other players on your team, but Kenyon Martin drives me nuts. I did see the 4th quarter though. I turned it off; it was too depressing.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
kmart went nuts late in the 4th....

he had 8pts/3rebs/1blk in the last 2:51 of the game

DPG21920
11-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Does Melo know not to pass the ball to the other team?

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
wow, he had 8 dimes and he still gets alot of hate?

21/13/8 is great, even with a few turnovers.

Darrin
11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
:toast He makes this Nuggets team key down the stretch. He makes the big plays and finds the right people.

Lots of manlove for Chauncey :lmao:toast

He's quicker this season than last. He seems to have more legs to him, an extra breath and burst of quickness. Weeze got robbed!

BullsDynasty
11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
He's quicker this season than last. He seems to have more legs to him, an extra breath and burst of quickness. Weeze got robbed!

Part of that reason was the Pistons are not a high tempo offense like the Nuggets where they would quickly run up and down the court.

Lp26
11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Part of that reason was the Pistons are not a high tempo offense like the Nuggets where they would quickly run up and down the court.

He's also in much better shape (and not injured). And (his words) played mediator throughout the Flip era to the point of exhaustion. This season with MC he felt like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders and could just play. Too bad he's "just playing" for the wrong damn team. :bang

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-30-2008, 10:58 PM
27pts in 3 quarters last night, then tonight he has 28/10 :smokin

19pts/7.6apg over the past 5

Pistons < Spurs
11-30-2008, 11:23 PM
hmmm that Chauncey guy is pretty good.

Many PackYao
11-30-2008, 11:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/southofheaven19/popeye_jones_fielding_questions_pul.jpg

I got much luv for Chauncey.Btw when did he play for the Mavs?:p:

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-01-2008, 12:07 AM
the Nuggets are now 11-3 with him :smokin

Just finished 4 games in 5 nights and they went 3-1, could have been a sweep but Cp3 went nuts in the 4th :lol

Lp26
12-01-2008, 01:27 AM
I think i need a support group. Dammit Nuggets, give him back!

Vinnie_Johnson
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
I think i need a support group. Dammit Nuggets, give him back!

Plus 1 :depressed

tomtom
12-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Hows JR been? Is he out of the slump yet?

JamStone
12-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Great job, Chaunce.

And, Piston fans, stop crying over Chauncey. He's rejuvenated now. I really don't think he'd be playing as well with the Pistons because he had gotten too comfortable. I'm happy for him though. He's home and he's playing great. Great guy from what I know, and he deserves a lot of praise for making that Nuggets team much, much better.

angelbelow
12-01-2008, 02:08 AM
billups is money.

Lp26
12-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Great job, Chaunce.

And, Piston fans, stop crying over Chauncey. He's rejuvenated now. I really don't think he'd be playing as well with the Pistons because he had gotten too comfortable. I'm happy for him though. He's home and he's playing great. Great guy from what I know, and he deserves a lot of praise for making that Nuggets team much, much better.

He looked that way in the beginning of the season with us. He was penetrating, getting to the line, he looked like was playing hard, and energetic. YVMV, but he would have been playing the same way here.

He was on a mission this year, excited about Curry, came into training camp in the best shape he's been in, and didn't let any of the trade rumors or Stuckey talk affect him. He was the glue that held this team together. It should be pretty obvious to everyone now.

If this is what the Pistons continue to look like it's only natural to keep missing CB.

JamStone
12-01-2008, 02:17 AM
He played two games with the Pistons this season both against two shitty teams (Wizards and Pacers) at home at the Palace and he didn't play that great in either of them. And, he was still getting killed on defense.

He's playing great now, and a lot of it I think is because he's got a new chip on his shoulder for being traded. Good for him. I'm glad he's playing well. Still don't think he'd be playing this well if he had not been traded.

Brazil
12-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Billups>AI

Darrin
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM

That's not true; they are stuck in their reputation. They would take the ball off the rim and run up-court. They were taking shots with 21 seconds on the shot-clock. 7 seconds or less, right? Chauncey was the catalyst for that. Now, they are back to a plotting offense because Iverson doesn't make good decisions early and the Pistons don't one-and-out teams anymore. They were effective at playing passing lanes, they gambled smartly, they pressed full-court to change up the defense, they would 3/4 press, they would change the pace often on opponents.

The box-1 is the most effective defense against Iverson and Boston runs it to perfection. Rondo and KG are deadly in that situation because Iverson doesn't see the extra help until its too late. As he drives towards the middle, Boston covers any lobs at the rim early. Rondo plays his strong hand in this moment. He has a burst of speed after he checks his passing options. Then Perkins (or Powe) and Garnett take away his eyes when he hesitates. They are in shot-blocking position. Meanwhile he can't run it off-ball because of how much attention he receives. He has to run without the basketball to lose his defense and Rip Hamilton has more physical skills in this area (not passing).

They haven't yet run Iverson against someone else's set--he'd have to know the playbook first. He can't feed the post effectively, one of Chauncey's strengths, so the big has to catch the ball on the perimeter (2-3 steps back from last season--more shots blocked). When was the last time Kwame Brown made and effective drive to the basket? When was the last time Amir Johnson caught the ball at 24 feet and made a jumpshot (slow release).

This was a stupid move, and more to that, I used to make fun of teams that ran their offense like this. Billups knew where players could score. Now a team could take away positioning occasionally, but usually they had another option if that happened.

The fact I know what's wrong and the coach is talking about energy bothers me beyond belief. They fired Saunders too soon and Curry not soon enough.

Darrin
12-01-2008, 11:02 AM
bump^^^

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
My usual bump of this thread.

He was amazing tonight. 21/5 in the 1st half and ensured the Nuggets had a huge lead when he went out. The Raps closed within 10 midway through the 2nd, Billups came back in and the lead went back to 19 at the half.

He had another 3 early in the 3rd and 6 dimes to help make it a 30+ pt game .

24/11 for him 30minutes, oh and he OWNED Calderon :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
oops, make it 24/14..... he just set up b2b2b 3's to open the 4th. He will surely be sitting now :lol

himat
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I had my doubts in him because he played with a lot of very good players on the Pistons team. I thought sometimes his success was making him overrated, but that is not the case. He is doing amazing right now. I am happy he is doing well, but it is making our struggles even more frustrating. :lol

Pistons < Spurs
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Mvp Mvp Mvp Mvp Mvp

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-03-2008, 12:21 AM
he had a +/- of 48 !!

Lp26
12-03-2008, 01:44 AM
he had a +/- of 48 !!

That's insane to me. I really want to know what the highest +/- is ever.