PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Fire Head Coach Eddie Jordan, Tapscott to Take Over

boutons_
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/?hpid=topnews

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Blows for him. I didn't think of him as much of the problem.

Allanon
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
The problem begins and ends with Agent 0.... too much talk and not enough play.

BruceBowenFan
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
no way i am surprised that he is fired i thought they would of given until gilbert arenas came back

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-24-2008, 11:25 AM
no way i am surprised that he is fired i thought they would of given until gilbert arenas came back

Bob Hill agrees with you.

lefty
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
That sucks

Armando
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
That is terrible. Is not his fault his best player is out. At the very least he should haven been given a chance to get Arenas back. A coaching change is not going to help them win games without Arenas or Haywood.

JamStone
11-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Not just Arenas but Haywood being out as well. Haywood established himself as a very solid center last year capable of being a double-double guy despite playing fewer than 30minutes and being the fourth or fifth option on the floor. I think his loss really added to the loss of Arenas.

I felt Eddie Jordan was a pretty solid coach. It's pretty much a scapegoat to fire him considering their situation this season. But, when you're that bad, someone has to be.

Dex
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
I felt Eddie Jordan was a pretty solid coach. It's pretty much a scapegoat to fire him considering their situation this season. But, when you're that bad, someone has to be.

True, but what's the alternative? Tapscott has to be a stop-gap, and likely won't do much better. Releasing the head coach might fire up the team for a few games, but I'd be surprised to see any more come from it.

What else is out there? Carleismo? AJ?

sook
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
unlike PJ, Jordan was actually a good coach, hope he finds a job elsewhere

Dex
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
unlike PJ, Jordan was actually a good coach, hope he finds a job elsewhere

Come to think of it, he could end up in OKC unless they already have another direction they plan to head.

SpursFanFirst
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm actually surprised by this news, but I'm sure he'll end up somewhere else soon.

Red Hawk #21
11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't agree with their decision to fire him, he was a good coach. Maybe he'll end up coaching the thunder.

LakeShow
11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
:wow Didn't see that one coming. How in the hell can they blame Jordan for all of the wizards injuries? This sucks!

1Parker1
11-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Ehh, Wiz have been bounced in the first round by a one man team for the past like 3-4 years. I think it was time for Eddie Jordan to go. That team is just an odd mish-mash of players.

timvp
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM
What else is out there? Carleismo? AJ?Imagine the hilarity that would ensue if AJ tried to coach Arenas. :lmao :lmao

"Ef ye writtabat me one moer tiyam in yower blowog I'mma stuff dat blowog upa yower azzzzz"

ShoogarBear
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
The Wiz Suck Major A$$(TM).

Jordan preached better defense, but he got them to buy into it. Still I don't know that anybone could have done a better job over the last four years. People forget how horrific the Wiz were (1 playoff appearance in 15 years before Jordan got here; then four in a row).

And in it's own way, Arenas talking about how maybe it'd be better for the Wiz to finish last didn't help. Things were not going to improve once Zero got back.

Ehh, Wiz have been bounced in the first round by a one man team for the past like 3-4 years. I think it was time for Eddie Jordan to go. That team is just an odd mish-mash of players.

Oh, yeah, sure. Finally make the playoffs one measly year and now you come in talking stuff.

KidCongo
11-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Firesale!

Wally for Caron

Do it Danny