PDA

View Full Version : City of God

Ignite
02-23-2005, 09:52 AM
I just saw this movie on DVD last night, and I was absolutely blown away. I am still thinking about it now. Usually when you hear about movies with great reviews, you go into them with such high expectations and get let down.

In this case, the movie lived up to the hype, I can't even describe the movie in this paragraph, but if any of you saw it, I'm sure you can explain it better. Bottom line is, City of God is now on my top 10 movie list

IX_Equilibrium
02-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Agreed

City of God is one of my favorites of all time. I bought the DVD, and everyone I show it to loves it.

Too bad it has not gotten much exposure in the US.

TheWriter
02-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Great movie.

One of the best movied I've ever watched and I think the different language and the subtitles added to my enjoyment.

Very graphic and brutal.

Jekka
02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
That movie was absolutely gorgeous - it's so well done in terms of the artistry of the photographer perspective - and I've never before finished a movie and been that genuinely impressed by the sound as well. Difficult to watch, but a very important film.

MannyIsGod
02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
I dug it.

GrandeDavid
02-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Although I live in Brazil, I still haven't seen it but plan on watching it tonight. My wife, who is Brazilian, does not want to watch it due to the violence, but she is at a medical conference in Sao Paulo, so I'm renting it tonight.

GrandeDavid
02-23-2005, 01:40 PM
I know Rio and many other cities inside out. You don't want to mess with drug gangs in "favelas" (ghettos), but all in all I consider Brazilian ghettos safer than American ghettos. Much safer!