PDA

View Full Version : Go BEAVS!

tlongII
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Civil War game is this Saturday. If the Beavs win they go to the Rose Bowl. UNBEAVABLE!

johngateswhiteley
11-24-2008, 12:00 PM
...i hope they win. give me updates on Moevao and Rodgers. USC will still be co-champs and go to a BCS game...provided we win out.

samikeyp
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I hope they do go to the Rose Bowl, I want them to get revenge on the Joepa's.

tlongII
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
...i hope they win. give me updates on Moevao and Rodgers. USC will still be co-champs and go to a BCS game...provided we win out.

Moevao is healthy and I think he'll start against the Ducks. Quizz has a sprained A-C joint in his left shoulder. He's questionable. It sounds like they'll let Quizz play if he can handle the pain. Sounds like a tought deal to me though. It would be hard to play running back with a sprained shoulder.

tlongII
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I've got tickets for the game too! :)

CubanSucks
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Civil War game is this Saturday. If the Beavs win they go to the Rose Bowl. UNBEAVABLE!

And get their faggot west coast asses humbled again by Penn St. But really I want them to win out just so usc doesn't win the pac 10. And cause Jacquizz or whatever his name is is from TX

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Go Beavs!

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
And get their faggot west coast asses humbled again by Penn St. But really I want them to win out just so usc doesn't win the pac 10. And cause Jacquizz or whatever his name is is from TX

Don't worry, USC fans don't want to win it this year either.

DMX7
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I hope they win too. Besides, USC will win a share of the title but they don't want to go back to the rose bowl. The BCS wouldn't dare keep them out of the at-large bids.

MajorMike
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
The lamest BCS game ever? The only reason people would tune in is to see JoePa's last game.

Girasuck
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
The lamest BCS game ever? The only reason people would tune in is to see JoePa's last game.

Didn't JoePa already commit to coming back next season?

BTW I love the pic in your sig. BPS is one of the top 10 places I'd love to see a college football game.

j-6
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Didn't JoePa already commit to coming back next season?

BTW I love the pic in your sig. BPS is one of the top 10 places I'd love to see a college football game.

I went to Stillwater in 99 and had a blast. Very civilized place - sorta like Columbia. I went there and expected B/CS redux but I was pleasantly surprised. We hit Eskimo Joe's and then some strip club called Dragon's that was next to the hotel. Fans were great and drinking was amazingly cheap. I think the stadium has been redone since then, though.

PeterBurns
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM

Huh...USC can still be Co-Champs?

mookie2001
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM
hey burns i better hear some anti OU stuff tommorrow morning

i know youre in the media and everything, you know texas beat ou in a football contest this season

PeterBurns
11-24-2008, 10:27 PM
hey burns i better hear some anti OU stuff tommorrow morning

i know youre in the media and everything, you know texas beat ou in a football contest this season

Mookie....Like I said earlier.
It's tough to give them hell.

They played a good game against UT, and yes they lost.
But If I had to rank the teams by strength right now.

1) Florida
2) Oklahoma
3) UT
4) USC
5) Alabama

johngateswhiteley
11-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Huh...USC can still be Co-Champs?

yeah, why? Oregon State's head to head win puts them into the Rose Bowl, but they would both be Pac-10 champs. frankly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but thats how they do it (Pac-10).

MajorMike
11-25-2008, 10:11 AM

I went to Stillwater in 99 and had a blast. Very civilized place - sorta like Columbia. I went there and expected B/CS redux but I was pleasantly surprised. We hit Eskimo Joe's and then some strip club called Dragon's that was next to the hotel. Fans were great and drinking was amazingly cheap. I think the stadium has been redone since then, though.

The pic is actually one of the smaller crowds we have had this year (vs. Houston). Of course, still does not compare to the 80-90+K that the 'big' schools bring in every week, but you have to start somewhere.

Gameday in Stillwater is mucho fun. Typically everyone shares at tailgates (which of course is huge at OSU) with opposing fans and the majority are very friendly and converational to visitors.

The stadium now is amazing, a far cry from the old rustoleum we used to have. Before there were only concourses for vendors on the bottom floor, now the 2nd tier has inclosed vendors/facilities all the way around. Very easy to get in and out of (remembers nightmare during the rain @ atm). Relative to other B12 stadiums, it isn't that big so all seats in the house are great visually (corners to me seem much closer that sitting in the visitors section of UT since it flattens out much more going up). Lots of escalators and bathrooms and whatnot inside. 1st class job.

Everything, to include all parking and surrounding areas, will be done next summer and the 'grand opening' will be opening night in Sept when UGA comes to town. Both programs should be pre-season ranked 15-20ish. We have a ton of home games next year (7 and still waiting if ttek will be in Dallas or not) with Mizzou, UT, CU, UGA, Houston, Rice, Grambling and probably ttek. Only road games are @ atm, BU, ISU and Bedlam.