PDA

View Full Version : everybody stop paying your bills and watch the system tumble.

cool hand
11-24-2008, 11:50 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/23/news/companies/citigroup/index.htm

cool hand
11-24-2008, 11:51 AM
so these asshole get these bailouts so they can continue to charge ridiculous interest rates and late fees. just say no.

I. Hustle
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
YEAH! This is a new and radical idea! I am definately down with this. I bet you are the first person to think of it too. Let's go and spread this around to other forums.

mouse
11-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I said back in 1985 and again in 1996 if everyone in America would stop paying for cable soon the cable will be free as they need a way to make money off the advertisers which you can't do if no one is watching.

Creepn
11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
We're not united enough to do this. Remember that email that got passed around urging everybody to not put gas in your car for one day so the prices can drop significantly?

Failure.

boutons_
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
credit card issuers and retails banks have been unilaterally adding on fees and upping interest rates for years, gotcha clauses, bleeding people to slow death.

btw, the for-profit health insurance companies have been doing the same. Employers pay 75% of the bill, but in turn they stagnate salaries to pay for the health coverage.

For some of us, no surprise. The entire purpose of business is to fuck each other over. The corps have much more power and sophistication in the fuck-over game, and they are winning, aided and abetted by the pro-business Repugs who have reduced employee protection, reduced consumer product and drug safety, decreased environmental safeguards, busted unions, ad nauseaum ad infinitium, while protecting/enriching the corps and capitalists, as we see now with the bailout of the unaccountable/unpunished criminal financial sector.

mouse
11-24-2008, 12:49 PM
We're not united enough to do this. Remember that email that got passed around urging everybody to not put gas in your car for one day so the prices can drop significantly?

Failure.

That is true in order for people to get what they want they must all be committed and loyal to the cause. If everyone in American stood up for the same cause at the same time their no limits to what could happen and what laws could change. I have a feeling one day Americans will rise up like they did against England and unite against evil.

desflood
11-24-2008, 12:57 PM
It'd be nice to stop paying the bills, but I'd be more likely to see my life tumble down.

doobs
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
How about you do that and let me know how it goes

ChumpDumper
11-24-2008, 01:30 PM
If you hadn't noticed, the system has already tumbled.

Tully365
11-24-2008, 02:38 PM
It's odd that you propose to stop paying on your credit cards, but don't propose to stop using your credit cards. Your protest is sort of like complaining that your local Mafia loan shark isn't very friendly and kind... not a surprise, since he is in the Mafia.

What's next?! A boycott of Freedom Fries?!

Wild Cobra
11-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Failure.

Problem is, one day is silly. Actually moranic. Have to go long enough for the revenues to matter, like months. Problem is, we cannot go without fuel for months. We can go without cable for months.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Problem is, one day is silly. Actually moranic.http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/f/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

BacktoBasics
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Its simply going to disable your ability to purchase worthwhile goods later. When they started implementing a universal or somewhat universal credit system your ability to cut yourself out of something you're balls deep in is limited and punishable.