PDA

View Full Version : SEC knobslobbing

monosylab1k
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
What hopes do we have of ending this bullshit? If someone assassinates Kirk Herbstreit will the mindless masses just dissipate? Does Barack Obama have a solution?

johngateswhiteley
11-24-2008, 02:48 PM
this is one of my biggest issues. the national perception is the SEC is awesome and the Pac-10 sucks...regardless of reality. open your eyes and make your own decisions idiots...quit counting on the analysts to think for you.

personally, i'd take a healthy oregon state over every team in the SEC except Florida...and maybe Alabama. the SEC isn't that great this year...and almost is never as good as the media tells us. just like the Pac is never as bad.

samikeyp
11-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I would agree with that. There are times when the "experts" tend to fall in love with a team or conference and just kisses their ass all season, instead of taking many other factors into consideration.

romad_20
11-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, I would say UGA would kick the crap out of OrSt, they only lost to the #1 and #4 teams in the coutry, but that's not the point.

The point is since Auburn got left out of the championship game the SEC has been given somewhat of a pass on getting looked over. A look at the last two years shows the "experts" have been wrong in those years as well. Both LSU and Florida were underdogs and destroyed OSU.

I really would like to see Texas or USC vs a SEC team in the BCS. The SEC is also undefeated in the championship game since the BCS started.

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Well, I would say UGA would kick the crap out of OrSt, they only lost to the #1 and #4 teams in the coutry, but that's not the point.

The point is since Auburn got left out of the championship game the SEC has been given somewhat of a pass on getting looked over. A look at the last two years shows the "experts" have been wrong in those years as well. Both LSU and Florida were underdogs and destroyed OSU.

I really would like to see Texas or USC vs a SEC team in the BCS. The SEC is also undefeated in the championship game since the BCS started.

LSU was NOT an underdog last year. You would be crazy to even think so.

romad_20
11-24-2008, 04:34 PM
LSU was NOT an underdog last year. You would be crazy to even think so.

You're right LSU was -3.5. They were #2 in the polls going in weren't they? Maybe that's what I was thinking about. The fact remains, no one has beat the SEC in the championship game. They are 4-0 and the Big 12 is second at 2-1

johngateswhiteley
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM

maybe, but i doubt it. i think oregon state is right there.

IronMexican
11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
You're right LSU was -3.5. They were #2 in the polls going in weren't they? Maybe that's what I was thinking about. The fact remains, no one has beat the SEC in the championship game. They are 4-0 and the Big 12 is second at 2-1

Yeah, they were, but no one was even drinking the OSU kool-aide from the year before. Honenst mistake though, so I understand.

RonMexico
11-24-2008, 05:20 PM
The SEC is the greatest sports conference known to man. Barack Obama would be wise to support such successful institutions of "higher learning" and let those other conferences (ACC, Big 10) fail rather than support them through more and more BCS bailouts.

monosylab1k
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
:convertib