PDA

View Full Version : Who if anyone will replace Alan Colmes?

JoeChalupa
11-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Now that Colmes is leaving Hannity & Colmes? Will Fox bring in a real hard hitting progressive to replace Colmes? Someone who will stand up to Sean insHannity and his sometimes ridiculous view on things? I sure as hell hope so.

DarrinS
11-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Hannity and Olbermann would be hilarious.

Douche vs. Douche

Wild Cobra
11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Hannity can probable shred any liberals half-baked logic. It's just a matter of intelligence. I have said for some time that liberals fall in one or more of the following categories:

1) Ignorant of the facts. Generally the people who want to do good, but don't understand the consequences of such things.

2) Have an agenda that favors them at the cost of others.

3) A Power Monger to control others with 'doom and gloom' scenarios. Power and/or Money.

4) Others I don't recall, but none merit respect.

Last Comic Standing
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Hannity can probable shred any liberals half-baked logic.

When you work for Fox and have your finger on "the cut his mic" feature it's easy to dominate any guest.

1) Ignorant of the facts. Generally the people who want to do good, but don't understand the consequences of such things.

3) A Power Monger to control others with 'doom and gloom' scenarios. Power and/or Money.

You just described Bush and his administration, when do they get their show on Fox?

4) none merit respect.

Sorry they already have that thought process covered it's called the Bill O'Relly show.

Nbadan
11-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Inshannity and Lieberman?

The Reckoning
11-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Gore

MiamiHeat
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
lol

boutons_
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
I see where Hannity is going so-low, Lone Ranger, no Tonto

mrsmaalox
11-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Now that Colmes is leaving Hannity & Colmes? Will Fox bring in a real hard hitting progressive to replace Colmes? Someone who will stand up to Sean insHannity and his sometimes ridiculous view on things? I sure as hell hope so.

No, because the intent of that show is not to be a debate; alpha male Hannity is supposed to steamroll zeta male Colmes every time. Part of Hannity's (self described arch-conservative) deal with Fox News was that he personally got to hand pick Colmes (former stand up comedian and self described moderate) to be his opponent. It will always be the Hannity Show, no matter who else is on.

baseline bum
11-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Hannity can probable shred any liberals half-baked logic. It's just a matter of intelligence. I have said for some time that liberals fall in one or more of the following categories:

Damn. Dick Cheney's the biggest fucking liberal in America!

T Park
11-25-2008, 01:28 AM

Yeah that asking questions about a guy's relationship with a known terrorist. How whackY!

FromWayDowntown
11-25-2008, 01:42 AM

Not everyone is in the 99%+++ percentile of intelligence.

Last Comic Standing
11-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Sean insHannity will have a day time show to go head to head with the view it will be called "My View and that's all that matters"

Wild Cobra
11-25-2008, 02:48 AM
I'd like to see Hannity and Clinton. I guess for billing puroses, they'd call it Clinton and Hannity...

Think president Clinton can stand up to the facts? Portray the proper counterpoints and not lok like a fool in the process?

Buddy Holly
11-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah that asking questions about a guy's relationship with a known terrorist. How whackY!

Yeah, that's what it was/is. Are you seriously that clueless or is this your forum schtick?

RandomGuy
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Who will replace that guy on the Show That I Don't Watch?

Let me write that down my Book of Things I Don't Give a Fuck About...

RandomGuy
11-25-2008, 09:26 AM

:rolleyes

1) Like not knowing current statistics on teen pregnancy before claiming definitively that the trend today is upwards?

2) Like just about any politician?

3) Like the "OMG lookit them terrorists, we better git 'em before they nuke us?" crowd?

4) WTF-ever

GoGatos.
11-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Who will replace that guy on the Show That I Don't Watch?

Let me write that down my Book of Things I Don't Give a Fuck About...

A smart guy like yourself trying to act like you never seen the show is beneath any shit Tpark has dumped at the bottom of the grad canyon.

George Gervin's Afro
11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see Hannity and Clinton. I guess for billing puroses, they'd call it Clinton and Hannity...

Think president Clinton can stand up to the facts? Portray the proper counterpoints and not lok like a fool in the process?

facts? Or whannity's interpretation of facts?

sook
11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Sean Hannity stoops so low on some matters it is impossible to take him seriously.

I am ashamed we have talk show hosts like him in this great nation of ours.

George Gervin's Afro
11-25-2008, 12:01 PM

He answered the question. Maybe the you should join the rest of the world and stop trying to make this an issue.

TheProfessor
11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Good opportunity for Fox to show they're interested in balancing viewpoints with a stronger on-screen presence.

Last Comic Standing
11-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Sean Hannity stoops so low on some matters it is impossible to take him seriously.

You must be new to Fox news?

smeagol
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Hannity :vomit:

Nbadan
11-25-2008, 02:55 PM
What an idiot....

"It's a great creative opportunity for me. I feel as though we have a Democratic President, House and Senate; I feel like my work is done," he tells TVNewser. "I can't think of a better time to make the transition."

monosylab1k
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
The whole point of Colmes being on the show was to act as a Liberal punching bag. I doubt they'll find anyone so inept at expressing his ideas and so willing to take a teabagging from Hannity every night.

bobbyjoe
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
The whole point of Colmes being on the show was to act as a Liberal punching bag. I doubt they'll find anyone so inept at expressing his ideas and so willing to take a teabagging from Hannity every night.

Bingo.

If Fox put a liberal with a brain and a sack on Hannity @ XXXX, Hannity would be exposed and Fox can't have that.

jochhejaam
11-26-2008, 12:07 AM

Fuck, i can't imagine being in combat next to a homo.

He can take his filthy sinning ass somewhere else tbh.

Dontcha just love irony?

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 12:27 AM
:rolleyes

1) Like not knowing current statistics on teen pregnancy before claiming definitively that the trend today is upwards?

I will agree that I cannot support my statement. I thought I would be able to, but the statistics say otherwise. I still believe that to be true. I see it as the same trend that shows crime rates falling where I live, yet they are in fact raising. It becomes a factor of how they are reported.

That’s all I will say on the topic in this thread. You want more from me on it, revive that thread, or start another so we can remain on topic to the thread.

Obstructed_View
11-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Kristen Powers would be the best, as she manages to be liberal but doesn't constantly rely on rhetoric, which is basically all Alan Colmes ever does. Otherwise they might as well not have anyone replace him, as the only time Alan was ever able to hold his own was when he had a radio show and could cut people off as he made ridiculous statements.

Clearly many people posting in this thread never watch Fox news. That someone would offer up an opinion about something they know virtually nothing about speaks volumes about them.

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Kristen Powers would be the best, as she manages to be liberal but doesn't constantly rely on rhetoric, which is basically all Alan Colmes ever does. Otherwise they might as well not have anyone replace him, as the only time Alan was ever able to hold his own was when he had a radio show and could cut people off as he made ridiculous statements.

Clearly many people posting in this thread never watch Fox news. That someone would offer up an opinion about something they know virtually nothing about speaks volumes about them.

I think that's correct about Colmes. I wasn't an avid watcher, but the times I did, I notices he just spouted the talking points. Only the Kool-Aid drinkers could appriciate him.

I agree there are far more intelligent liberals who should take his place. Kirsten Powers migt be a good choice, but I'm not sure I can place who she is. She would at least be better if you are right.

I would like to see the best liberal they can find. Having a solid belief in most conservative viewpoints, i don't think any liberal is threat to Sea Hannity.

From what I just read in wiki, she may be too moderate to hold a liberal viewpoint opposite Hannity:

Powers supports comprehensive immigration reform and providing a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, and favors gun control.

She opposes the Iraq war, as well as a constitutional amendment to ban flag burning and the Fairness Doctrine. She also opposes the death penalty, partial birth abortion, and embryonic stem cell research.

Nbadan
11-29-2008, 07:25 AM
The breakup!

kNEvyaZLThM