PDA

View Full Version : Only a Few Days Left for Jacque Vaughn

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 10:25 PM
As soon as the best player in the NBA, Tony Parker, gets back, Jacque Vaughn is so unemployed. I'm glad. He is a waste of a roster spot. Shit, if I was captain and I was playing ball, I would run 5 and 4 even if he was the last guy I could pick.

He needs to move on.

Hill, Mason, Parker, Ginobili and Finley.

It's on...

Get rid of the scrubs.

:flag:

Biggems
11-24-2008, 10:26 PM
actually Ahearn will be gone long before Vaughn. Pop likes the old guys....it makes Bridge, Shuffleboard, Bocce, and Golf all that more fun.

exstatic
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I have a new nickname for Jaques: The Antidote To Offense. Henceforth, he will be referred to as TATO.

T Park
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Why get rid one of the best third string point guards who knows the system and is a fantastic mentor to hill?

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
:lmao at TATO

Biggems
11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I have a new nickname for Jaques: The Antidote To Offense. Henceforth, he will be referred to as TATO.

TATO?

Biggems
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
BTW, I still like.........You're old mother hubbard and only Vaughn's in the cupboard.

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0awn45y5IUbtB/610x.jpg

"Well, it all started when we let Vaughn go on November 25, 2008. This decision led to our 5th championship. We realized the rock wasn't going to break with him on the team."

Spurtacus
11-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Ahearn will be cut. Vaughn will ride the bench barring any injuries to Parker/Hill.

K-State Spur
11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Vaughn just goes back into that 3rd string/insurance policy role...where he has been everything that we could have hoped for when we signed him.

SPURS vs NBA media
11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
As soon as the best player in the NBA, Tony Parker, gets back, Jacque Vaughn is so unemployed. I'm glad. He is a waste of a roster spot. Shit, if I was captain and I was playing ball, I would run 5 and 4 even if he was the last guy I could pick.

He needs to move on.

It's on...

Get rid of the scrubs.

what the hell are you talking about as soon they lose a few games you turn around an say the spurs suck and they will never win another championship you f^cking LOSER

exstatic
11-24-2008, 10:52 PM
TATO?

Look at the bolds in the original post.

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 10:53 PM
what the hell are you talking about as soon they lose a few games you turn around an say the spurs suck and they will never win another championship you f^cking LOSER

smb

Biggems
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Look at the bolds in the original post.

i did....im just wondering why u picked TATO....what is significant about TATO?

exstatic
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
i did....im just wondering why u picked TATO....what is significant about TATO?

Nothing. I was just thinking of Jaques in terms of offensive ineptitude. I remembered a baseline bum post about some musical artist. He referred to her as The Antidote To Insomnia. I applied it to Vaughn, and that acronym just happened to pop out. Pure coincidence. I like nice acrynoyms. That also dovetails nicely with his ugly "chuck up a 'tato" jumper.

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 11:03 PM
TATO is perfect Ex. Good Job. :tu

T Park
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
People expecting third string point guards to be all stars need drug tests.

exstatic
11-24-2008, 11:07 PM
People expecting third string point guards to be all stars need drug tests.

When Tony comes back, it's Tony, Hill, Cobra, Vaughn.

T Park
11-24-2008, 11:08 PM

Who the hell is Cobra?

MannyIsGod
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
TATO. :lmao

Nice.

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I would rather have Ahearn on the team. dude is steve kerrish from downtown.. vaughn isn't shit from anywhere on the court.

mason, parker, manu and hill can get the ball to midcourt.

wtf?

T Park
11-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I would rather have Ahearn on the team. dude is steve kerrish from downtown.. vaughn isn't shit from anywhere on the court.

mason, parker, manu and hill can get the ball to midcourt.

wtf?

Your past in wanting players dumped from the team is shaky at best

"Manu = manure"

m33p0
11-24-2008, 11:15 PM
how many nicknames does one guy need? didn't we already talked about this? regarding TATO... just play with it and call him poTATO.

exstatic
11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Who the hell is Cobra?

He strikes quickly, from a distance, and it's frequently fatal for the victim.

Who do you think? Who else plays point?

SequSpur
11-24-2008, 11:21 PM
lmao @ Cobra... who the hell is that? Ahearn?

T Park
11-24-2008, 11:21 PM
He strikes quickly, from a distance, and it's frequently fatal for the victim.

Who do you think?

Ahhh

Matt Bonner.

Kidding.

I read another thread and saw you reference him in another capacity.

Nice nickname, although I think hes already given himself a different one :lol

lefty
11-24-2008, 11:26 PM
JV = Junior Varsity

Fingaroll44
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Vaughn just goes back into that 3rd string/insurance policy role...where he has been everything that we could have hoped for when we signed him.

exactly.

SAGambler
11-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Ahearn will be cut. Vaughn will ride the bench barring any injuries to Parker/Hill.

Why would you cut the best free throw shooter on the planet?

You never know when that could come in handy.

FromWayDowntown
11-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I generally agree with K-State Spur's view of this situation. With that said, if you're going to acronym JV with something full of T's A's and O's, why not take advantage of his diminutive stature and refer to him as: "The Antidote To Truly Ordered Offense?"

TATTOO.

Tully365
11-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Da Plane!! Da Plane!!

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Who the hell is Cobra?

An original nickname for Mason, and a subtle one at that. It was essentially born out of whott whining there weren't any assassins on the team, so someone countered with Cobra. I like it. Sounds a bit too much like a WWE submission hold/ or Sting's finisher though.:lol

angelbelow
11-25-2008, 07:22 PM

He needs to move on.

It's on...

Get rid of the scrubs.

he gets paid like 1million, i dont see how hes a waste from an economical standpoint.

i wouldnt mind if he was bought out and brought in as a special coach, but i want to keep him in some way.

MarHill
11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Pop likes Jacque and he should stay on the team as a third point guard. I know so many people want to get rid of this guy....but it's not happening.

Especially with injuries and vet experience is always needed during a long regular season.

Plus, I like Jacque in the role of helping George Hill develop as well!

boutons_
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
"as a third point guard"

4th pg

timvp
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0awn45y5IUbtB/610x.jpg

"Well, it all started when we let Vaughn go on November 25, 2008. This decision led to our 5th championship. We realized the rock wasn't going to break with him on the team."

:lmao :lmao That might be the funniest thing Sequ has ever posted.

To put Vaughn's offensive skills in perspective, the Spurs are averaging 71.6 points per 48 minutes when Vaughn is on the court. That's truly amazing, especially considering the second worst number on the team is Kurt Thomas at 86.6.

fyatuk
11-25-2008, 10:21 PM
An original nickname for Mason, and a subtle one at that. It was essentially born out of whott whining there weren't any assassins on the team, so someone countered with Cobra. I like it. Sounds a bit too much like a WWE submission hold/ or Sting's finisher though.:lol

I just can't help but want to shout "GO JOE!" when I see Cobra....

Darkwaters
11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I just can't help but want to shout "GO JOE!" when I see Cobra....

When I went to basic training our Company's nickname was the Cobras. We thought it was hilarious that our Company Commander was in actuality the "Cobra Commander".

http://blog.filmrot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/cobra_commander_colors.jpg

SequSpur
11-26-2008, 12:48 AM
:lmao :lmao That might be the funniest thing Sequ has ever posted.

To put Vaughn's offensive skills in perspective, the Spurs are averaging 71.6 points per 48 minutes when Vaughn is on the court. That's truly amazing, especially considering the second worst number on the team is Kurt Thomas at 86.6.

Dude, I just got back from Kansas an hour ago and noticed, I don't see a JV got waived topic....

WTF?

:pctoss

Darkwaters
11-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I like the "Junior Varsity" nickname for JV the best.

By the way, sorry Sequ.

mrspurs
11-26-2008, 06:53 AM
JV will be traded this season. If he isnt then the FO once again, brought it on themselves. They blew last season by letting go of beno and bringing in mighty mouse. Followed by bringing in Kurt. 3 of the dumbest moves last season that imo cost us another championship run. And then they brought back Kurt.

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 12:01 AM
JV will be traded this season. If he isnt then the FO once again, brought it on themselves. They blew last season by letting go of beno and bringing in mighty mouse. Followed by bringing in Kurt. 3 of the dumbest moves last season that imo cost us another championship run. And then they brought back Kurt.

JV-DNP.
Kurt Thomas 16 minutes, 8 pts, 9 rebounds. :tu

smb

jayc23
11-27-2008, 12:45 AM

and they drafted that bust named george hill ... Pop and RC should kill themselves for that one

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 11:55 AM
and they drafted that bust named george hill ... Pop and RC should kill themselves for that one

dude, quit being a hater... shit.. the guy tanked the summer league.. most here have a right to second guess that decision...Hill has proven everyone wrong not you....

relax.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:05 PM

Kill yourself.

kardkid74
11-27-2008, 12:22 PM
how long did it take parker to be the player he is today? I remember he was like hill, a good game here and there, then goes flat. Remember the way claxton had to save parker during the playoffs...for me, hill is doing great. Beno needed to get out of SA for him to flourish. He is a solid starting point, which is why he's with the kings. We've seen Hearn for how many games, wait, how many minutes?? JV will stay for the simple fact that what he lacks in athletic ability, he makes up for in smarts and know how. Which is was saved us when parker hit a wall during the playoffs that one year. Other than hill, who was available, chalmers?

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:24 PM
how long did it take parker to be the player he is today? I remember he was like hill, a good game here and there, then goes flat. Remember the way claxton had to save parker during the playoffs...for me, hill is doing great. Beno needed to get out of SA for him to flourish. He is a solid starting point, which is why he's with the kings. We've seen Hearn for how many games, wait, how many minutes?? JV will stay for the simple fact that what he lacks in athletic ability, he makes up for in smarts and know how. Which is was saved us when parker hit a wall during the playoffs that one year. Other than hill, who was available, chalmers?

I remember one game where Speedy Claxton played better than Parker.

What playoffs are these that you speak of?

stéphane
11-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Typical Sequ's topic lol
Don't you think that he's the most responsible for hill flourishing?
If he's, that sole reason deserve him a roster spot.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Sequ's topic lol
Don't you think that he's the most responsible for hill flourishing?
If he's, that sole reason deserve him a roster spot.

Not the sole reason, I'd say his natural talent and hard work and drive is alot of it, but Pop has said Jacque has been a great mentor to him, and I think that that alone is worth the roster spot.

SequSpur
11-29-2008, 01:19 AM
who in here wants to suck on my salty balls now? Jacque Vaughn is fucking done.

homer
11-29-2008, 01:26 AM
dude, quit being a hater... shit.. the guy tanked the summer league.. most here have a right to second guess that decision...Hill has proven everyone wrong not you....

relax.

Sequ, I hope you were being sarcastic, because he was. He is a personal, longtime, friend of Hill's.:wow
:hat

ILoveOranges
11-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Jacque wasn't even on the lineup for today's game; he was on the bench, and apparently pretty active. Maybe that'll continue. Like others have said, having an insurance policy isn't too bad. Having a sort of honorary coach for 1 million doesn't sound horrible either. :toast

jjktkk
11-29-2008, 01:55 AM
The real countdown should be: How many days until we get rid of Sequspur.

SequSpur
12-05-2008, 01:42 AM
na na na na....na na na na.....

urunobili
12-05-2008, 08:49 AM
na na na na....na na na na.....

heeeey heeey heeey...

MarHill
12-05-2008, 10:47 AM
The real countdown should be: How many days until we get rid of Sequspur.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

bigfan
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
JV is what he is, a serviceable third string point guard. Now that Hill has shown what he has, JV will not be playing much at all I think. Regardless, it is nice to have a guy that knows what he is doing as a backup. Ahern is a project.

T Park
12-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Ahearn sucks and has no future.

Vaughn is in the role he was made for. Third string point guard, 5th assistant coach.

Buddy Holly
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
The least amount of minutes Vaughn gets and the more DNP the better.

z0sa
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Anytime Vaughn in on that bench wearing a spurs Uni, Pop is tempted.

Danger lurks still

K-State Spur
12-05-2008, 04:29 PM
The least amount of minutes Vaughn gets and the more DNP the better.

I don't think anybody would disagree with this - because that means Hill is doing what he's supposed to be doing (or at least close to it).

The only reason you have Vaughn is to provide insurance in case Hill goes Beno on us.

sam1617
12-05-2008, 04:37 PM
JV is a career backup, expecting anything more is just stupid.

And he does one thing better than any Spurs PG, and that is play defense, as long as he still has that, then he is gonna keep a roster spot.

z0sa
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
JV is a career backup, expecting anything more is just stupid.

And he does one thing better than any Spurs PG, and that is play defense, as long as he still has that, then he is gonna keep a roster spot.

Hill and Parker are both > vaughn at defense

Hill >>> vaughn

sam1617
12-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Hill and Parker are both > vaughn at defense

Hill >>> vaughn

I disagree that Hill is a better defender. I certainly think he defends better in spurts and has the potential to be a much better defender, but he still makes way to many mistakes on D. Stupid fouls, stupid gambles, both of which to me (and probably Pop) aren't good things.

As for Hill >>> Vaughn, I absolutely agree, as a complete basketball player, he is better. That doesn't mean that he can't learn from Vaughn though.

hater
12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
because we lost all these games because of JV :rolleyes

z0sa
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I disagree that Hill is a better defender. I certainly think he defends better in spurts and has the potential to be a much better defender, but he still makes way to many mistakes on D. Stupid fouls, stupid gambles, both of which to me (and probably Pop) aren't good things.

I would say the gambles are worth it in a Manu type way: Most nights, Hill does not get rattled and plays very tight man D. He will have nights he picks up 2-3 steals playing the passing lanes and hassling his man from end to end. His arms are incredibly long and we've already seen him block a couple shots from behind when he got beat off the dribble. To me, these physical gifts amount to him already being > Vaughn at defense.

Like for Bonner, it takes PT in a real NBA game to good on the rotations. Over and over in practice is half of it only if you ask me, because another Head Coach's plays are gonna make you think more. Only time lets you settle in on that end.

As for Hill >>> Vaughn, I absolutely agree, as a complete basketball player, he is better. That doesn't mean that he can't learn from Vaughn though.

I agree that Vaughn is a decent defender, especially for his physical stature and gift(s), but he doesn't have the same ingredients to work with. As soon as Hill learns the rotations, Vaughn is out of the loop completely.

sam1617
12-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I agree that Vaughn is a decent defender, especially for his physical stature and gift(s), but he doesn't have the same ingredients to work with. As soon as Hill learns the rotations, Vaughn is out of the loop completely.

I agree, that doesn't mean we should trade him though. :D

scanry
12-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I agree, that doesn't mean we should trade him though. :D

That's a joke that? Who on earth would take Vaughn, and even Oklahoma wouldn't play him as much as Spurs are playing him right now.:bang:bang:bang

superbigtime
12-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Please. JV sucks ass. The whole world knows it. He has no place in the NBA, let alone on a team with championship aspirations. He is absolutely horrible. I don't want Hill learning a damn thing from him. Okay, he's a good citizen. But that has nothing to do with the fact that the opposing defense basically has a 5 on 4 situation whenever he brings the ball up the court. Ahearn a project? Come on. Ahearn as a project is far more palatable than JV continuing to squander leads with his inabilities. At least Ahearn has some ability and talent. Dude is doing great in the scrub D-league. At least he could play with Mason or Manu with Hill and be a three point threat or get to the line. JV can't do either of those. He sucks so bad. It's just embarassing to have him on the team. You know why we won against Denver? Because JV rode the pine all night. Send the little bitch to the Toros and bring back Ahearn or Tolliver or a bag of Funyuns or anything. Next time I see him with the ball will be WAY too soon.