PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Vinnie_Johnson
11-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Who is going shopping and what are you getting?

http://www.iblackfriday.com/#stores

Slydragon
11-25-2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.blackfriday.info/

BruceBowenFan
11-25-2008, 01:48 AM
after looking at some of the specials i think i may go to the best buy near north star mall

DannyT
11-25-2008, 02:54 AM
goodluck with that shit

just wai for Circuit City to finish going under and get a tv from there...only thing that sucks is that there wont be an extended warranty on it

duncan228
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM
When Black Friday comes
I'll stand down by the door
And catch the grey men when they
Dive from the fourteenth floor

When Black Friday comes
I'll collect everything I'm owed
And before my friends find out
I'll be on the road

When Black Friday falls you know it's got to be
Don't let it fall on me

When Black Friday comes
I'll fly down to Muswellbrook
Gonna strike all the big red words
From my little black book
Gonna do just what I please
Gonna wear no socks and shoes
With nothing to do but feed
All the kangaroos
When Black Friday comes I'll be on that hill
You know I will

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it 'til
I satisfy my soul
Gonna let the world pass by me
The Archbishop's gonna sanctify me
And if he don't come across
I'm gonna let it roll
When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna stake my claim
I'll guess I'll change my name

mndqgZG4uYo

johnsmith
11-25-2008, 04:24 PM
racists

METALMiKE
11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/images/items/r20081109093255.jpg

I bought this baby last night.:toast

Bigzax
11-25-2008, 05:02 PM
blondes are half price in aruba, 12am to 5am only!

Vinnie_Johnson
11-25-2008, 05:31 PM
blondes are half price in aruba, 12am to 5am only!

Wow:wow

Spurminator
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
When Black Friday comes
I'll stand down by the door
And catch the grey men when they
Dive from the fourteenth floor

:tu This song has been in my head for a week.

Moocher
11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/images/items/r20081109093255.jpg

I bought this baby last night.:toast

It'll be cheaper. You should have waited.

duncan228
11-25-2008, 05:57 PM
:tu This song has been in my head for a week.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I hoped it would stop by posting it but it didn't work. :lol

1Parker1
11-25-2008, 07:20 PM
My girlfriends and I go every year. It's a tradition. We wake up around 4am, go to this one local outlet mall, grab some burger king breakfast, go to Kohl's, then go to a 2nd mall, then have lunch when everything is done and go home and CRAAAAAAAAAASH.

Honestly, one of my favorite and most memorable day out of the year :) I cannot wait! :elephant

Bigzax
11-26-2008, 03:42 PM
SouthSide BestBuy's got it!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/bigzak2525/guitarhero.jpg

PakiDan
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM

HAHAHAHA!!:rollin:rollin

Dr. Gonzo
11-26-2008, 03:54 PM

I would buy that in a fucking second.

florige
11-26-2008, 04:00 PM
My girlfriends and I go every year. It's a tradition. We wake up around 4am, go to this one local outlet mall, grab some burger king breakfast, go to Kohl's, then go to a 2nd mall, then have lunch when everything is done and go home and CRAAAAAAAAAASH.

Honestly, one of my favorite and most memorable day out of the year :) I cannot wait! :elephant

There is no way in hell that I would go anywhere near malls on Black friday. Screw that!

JoeChalupa
11-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I'll be out with the wife. We always have a good time and always have all day left which I use to setup the tree and wrap gifts and do a little partying.

MannyIsGod
11-26-2008, 05:39 PM

:lmao x 29408204

I actually wanted an accordion when I was in HS

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
My girlfriends and I go every year.
gay....

Vinnie_Johnson
11-27-2008, 02:13 PM
gay....

No it's called whipped.:toast

boutons_
11-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Black Friday Ten: Retailers Who May Not See 2009

http://www.247wallst.com/2008/11/the-black-frida.html

Avitus1
11-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Think I'll just wait till Cyber Monday.

Spurtacus
11-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Amazon is where I shop. They have already started some deals on movies and games.

mouse
11-27-2008, 04:37 PM
:lmao x 29408204

I actually wanted an accordion when I was in HS

I thought you was Mexican, that shit should have been in your crib when you was 6 months old.
Black Friday is racist, what's next White Saturday?

Tom Nissalke
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
I don't participate.

I think the whole Black Friday thing is blatant consumerism.

Don't follow the herd.

Be true to yourself.

Trainwreck2100
11-28-2008, 01:44 AM
my mom volunteered me to go to Sears to buy my 70 year old great-aunt a luggage set.

angel_luv
11-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Greetings from the mall. I have been here working since 4:45 am. :sleep

I cannot believe the number of people who are already out here and clothes shopping.

There is not a sweater or jean in the world that is worth getting up at this time of the morning / middle of the night to purchase.

Even if I knew someone was going to GIVE me the sweater and pair of jeans I would still think twice about dragging myself out of the house at this crazy hour to claim it.

I must say, the one highlight of my day is that Y-100 country music station is here doing a live room. It is a welcome break from the incessant Christmas music that has been played since the day after Halloween.

Hope all you crazy shoppers got everything you wanted.
Don't forget my present! :D

I. Hustle
11-28-2008, 10:46 AM
My wife went out and got me an early BD gift. :)

boutons_
11-28-2008, 01:02 PM
"A Wal-Mart (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Wal-Mart+Stores+Inc.) worker died after being trampled when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Long+Island) store Friday morning, police and witnesses said

The 34-year-old worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Valley+Stream) store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html

"

Twisted_Dawg
11-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Those $698 50" plasma's will cause people to go nuts.....

More on the Walmart stampede:

Wal-Mart Employee Killed in Shopper Stampede
WAL-MART, SHOPPING, EMPLOYEE, NEW YORK, RETAIL, BLACK FRIDAY, DEATH,
Reuters | 28 Nov 2008 | 01:16 PM ET
A temporary Wal-Mart worker died after a throng of unruly shoppers broke down the doors and trampled him moments after the Long Island store opened early Friday for day-after-Thanksgiving bargain hunting, police said.

Wal-Mart in Bentonville, Ark., called the incident a "tragic situation" and said the employee came from a temporary agency and was doing maintenance work at the store.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families at this difficult time. At this point, facts are still being assembled and we are working closely with the Nassau County police as they investigate what occurred."

The 34-year-old employee was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., Nassau County police said.

The exact cause of death had not been determined, and the man's name was not released.

A 28-year-old woman who was eight months pregnant was taken to a hospital for observation, where she and the baby were both reported to be OK, said Sgt. Anthony Repalone, a Nassau County police spokesman.

He said four or five other people suffered minor injuries.

Police said the crowd of shoppers knocked the man to the ground at 5:03 am, three minutes after the store opened at the suburban location about 20 miles east of Manhattan.

It wasn't immediately clear how many people pushed their way in. A metal portion of the door was crumpled like an accordion.

The industry's largest retail group said the incident was rare.

"We are not aware of any other circumstances where a retail employee has died working on the day after Thanksgiving," said Ellen Davis, a spokeswoman at National Retail Federation.

Shoppers around the country line up early outside stores on the day after Thanksgiving in the annual bargain-hunting ritual known as Black Friday.

(Wal-Mart says a worker with the retailer's temp agency was killed today. Watch the accompanying video for more...)

It got that name because it has historically been the day when stores broke into profitability for the full year.

Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 am.

Items on sale at the Wal-Mart store included a $798 Samsung 50-inch Plasma HDTV, a Bissel Compact Upright Vaccum for $28, a Samsung 10.2 megapixel digital camera for $69 and DVDs such as "The Incredible Hulk" for $9.

Nassau County police were at the scene investigating.

In the meantime, in Seacaucus, New Jersey, an ambulance came to take away one Wal-Mart shopper who hurt her leg rushing into the store.

—AP contributed to this story.

Copyright 2008 Reuters. Click for restrictions.
URL: http://www.cnbc.com/id/27955693/

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
I know it's going to be crazy to think of Best Buy doing something smart, but the two BFs I worked for them, we spent the evening before setting up shopping carts with all the computer packages, displays with whatever big thing would fly out the door, etc.

About an hour or so before we opened, we would count exactly how many we had and ask people who was wanting which item before we opened the store. We'd hand out tickets for each item and opened our doors early to people who only wanted the computer packages, since it'd take longer to get them through checkout. We never had any problems with trampling or violence. Sure, we had some disappointed customers who arrived late, but it was an easy and fair process for those who camped.

This Wal-Mart incident is just embarrassing.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Those $698 50" plasma's will cause people to go nuts.....

More on the Walmart stampede:

Wal-Mart Employee Killed in Shopper Stampede
WAL-MART, SHOPPING, EMPLOYEE, NEW YORK, RETAIL, BLACK FRIDAY, DEATH,
Reuters | 28 Nov 2008 | 01:16 PM ET
A temporary Wal-Mart worker died after a throng of unruly shoppers broke down the doors and trampled him moments after the Long Island store opened early Friday for day-after-Thanksgiving bargain hunting, police said.

Wal-Mart in Bentonville, Ark., called the incident a "tragic situation" and said the employee came from a temporary agency and was doing maintenance work at the store.

"The safety and security of our customers and associates is our top priority," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. "Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families at this difficult time. At this point, facts are still being assembled and we are working closely with the Nassau County police as they investigate what occurred."

The 34-year-old employee was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., Nassau County police said.

The exact cause of death had not been determined, and the man's name was not released.

A 28-year-old woman who was eight months pregnant was taken to a hospital for observation, where she and the baby were both reported to be OK, said Sgt. Anthony Repalone, a Nassau County police spokesman.

He said four or five other people suffered minor injuries.

Police said the crowd of shoppers knocked the man to the ground at 5:03 am, three minutes after the store opened at the suburban location about 20 miles east of Manhattan.

It wasn't immediately clear how many people pushed their way in. A metal portion of the door was crumpled like an accordion.

The industry's largest retail group said the incident was rare.

"We are not aware of any other circumstances where a retail employee has died working on the day after Thanksgiving," said Ellen Davis, a spokeswoman at National Retail Federation.

Shoppers around the country line up early outside stores on the day after Thanksgiving in the annual bargain-hunting ritual known as Black Friday.

(Wal-Mart says a worker with the retailer's temp agency was killed today. Watch the accompanying video for more...)

It got that name because it has historically been the day when stores broke into profitability for the full year.

Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 am.

Items on sale at the Wal-Mart store included a $798 Samsung 50-inch Plasma HDTV, a Bissel Compact Upright Vaccum for $28, a Samsung 10.2 megapixel digital camera for $69 and DVDs such as "The Incredible Hulk" for $9.

Nassau County police were at the scene investigating.

In the meantime, in Seacaucus, New Jersey, an ambulance came to take away one Wal-Mart shopper who hurt her leg rushing into the store.

—AP contributed to this story.

Copyright 2008 Reuters. Click for restrictions.
URL: http://www.cnbc.com/id/27955693/

OMG that sucks :depressed

MannyIsGod
11-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Part of the problem is that its almost become socially acceptable to be a complete fucking retarded asshole at these things. I mean everyone talks about "braving" the crowds and the crazy people.

It should be shocking that someone died because a bunch of assholes wanted some cheap TVs yet its not.

MannyIsGod
11-28-2008, 02:40 PM
No it's called whipped.:toast

1p1 is a woman :lol

PakiDan
11-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Part of the problem is that its almost become socially acceptable to be a complete fucking retarded asshole at these things. I mean everyone talks about "braving" the crowds and the crazy people.

It should be shocking that someone died because a bunch of assholes wanted some cheap TVs yet its not.

It's shocking to me.

spursfan09
11-28-2008, 04:27 PM
those people should pay. thats not right. They all participated in killing him, buy not helping him.

squire
11-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Its really sad to hear someone actually died from a shopping holiday. My hope is that his death isn't completely in vein and some people wake up and realize our society on the whole lacks a lot of dignity and ethics.

Switching to the economic aspect of BF, what were the moods out in the lines? Were people willing to just run through their wallets or was their more caution about spending? How was the mindset out there or just your mindset?

Also, are you going to cut back this Christmas?

Anti.Hero
11-28-2008, 04:58 PM
It's not surprising.

Especially happening at wal-mart.

exstatic
11-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Wal-Mart (and all stores, for that matter) needs to set up a single file line outside with theater ropes. If you've ever been to Academy Sports and Outdoors on Spurs trophy night, you know what I mean.

When you let a mob form outside your door, you're asking for trouble. Yes the people were stupid, but when you let crowds form, crowd psychology takes over.

Chief
11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Since I'm in Costa Rica my brother went to Office Depot and got me a bunch of stuff.

I got a Toshiba Laptop for $489.
LCD 23 inch $280
500GB External Hard Drive for $70
Fax Machine for $10
2 Webcams for $10

Was anyone able to get a Xbox 360 ?

mrsmaalox
11-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Since I'm in Costa Rica my brother went to Office Depot and got me a bunch of stuff.

I got a Toshiba Laptop for $489.
LCD 23 inch $280
500GB External Hard Drive for $70
Fax Machine for $10
2 Webcams for $10

Was anyone able to get a Xbox 360 ?

Wow you have a pretty nice brother!

I only went out to Barnes and Noble, not for any specials, and it was easy in and easy out. Even parking wasn't a problem which surprised me because it's in the same center as Best Buy and CompUSA. Of course on my way back I couldn't resist K Mart, which has become a guilty pleasure now that there aren't any in SA. I went in to browse and came out with $200 of Martha Stewart and Christmas decor. It was much too easy!

Vinnie_Johnson
11-29-2008, 01:21 AM
1p1 is a woman :lol

Damn well it's called being a pal then.:depressed

boutons_
11-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Early data shows strong Black Friday shoppinghttp://www.google.com/reader/ui/2412528845-go-to.gif (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/29/early-data-shows-strong-b_n_147133.html)

CHICAGO — The nation's retailers got a much-needed sales boost during Black Friday's traditional shopathon as consumers, lured by deep discounts, spent nearly 3 percent more than they did last year.

Sales on the day after Thanksgiving rose to $10.6 billion, according to preliminary figures released Saturday by ShopperTrak RCT Corp., a Chicago-based research firm that tracks sales at more than 50,000 retail outlets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/29/early-data-shows-strong-b_n_147133.html

SAGambler
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't participate.

I think the whole Black Friday thing is blatant consumerism.

Don't follow the herd.

Be true to yourself.

Amen to that. Guess I'm not the only one left with common sense.

All this present exchange crap is the biggest retailer scam ever pulled on American consumers. I have shit in storage that has never been used and chances are it will never be used.

Do you not realize that they depend on Xmas sales to make or break them.

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM

All this present exchange crap is the biggest retailer scam ever pulled on American consumers. I have shit in storage that has never been used and chances are it will never be used.

if its in storage, you have no reason for not regifting

Spurminator
12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I bought seasons 1-10 of The Simpsons on DVD at Best Buy for $15 each.

I. Hustle
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM

Ha ha y'all are retards. The wife got me a 400 dollar bike for $120. No way I would have let her buy that at regular price and she knows it. Black Friday hooked that shit up nigga.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Easjer and I got a 32' LCD at Walmart in New Braunfels. We'd be planning on upgrading soon, this worked out well. If we had been in Houston though I wouldn't have gone near the Walmart closest to us. Last year there weren't any monster deals and it was still a fucking nightmare in there. With the kind of stuff they were offering this year I'm betting there was a mob and a few people leaving in cuffs.