PDA

View Full Version : Paul Millsap?

benefactor
11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
I know it's early to talk about the summer, but I've been watching this kid play over his first few seasons and he has looked pretty good. I think he would be just what our front line needs off the bench as a backup PF. It's unlikely the Jazz will be able to sign him for anything more than the MLE as they have 1.8mil more in salaries next season than we do...so they will be pushing luxury tax territory.

Maybe make a run at him this summer?

exstatic
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Did you know that he was like -26 in the game against us? He's not that good, I also hate players who are undersized for their position. They generally can't defend it.

The Jazz roll off for next summer that I am interested in is Mo Almond. We'll be rolling off Vaughn and maybe even Udoka, who seems to be playing his way to the deep bench or the IL.

balli
11-24-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm aware of our salary situation, but we're moving AK or Boozer for cap space- write it down. There is no way Utah just lets Millsap walk for nothing. Besides, him, Deron, Brewer and CJ are more or less best friends and those four have talked about trying to stay on the same team for a long time. He's not leaving.

Did you know that he was like -26 in the game against us? He's not that good, I also hate players who are undersized for their position. They generally can't defend it.

He may have played poorly against you in one game, but if you think "he's not that good" and "can't defend" than obviously you haven't spent much time watching Paul Millsap play basketball.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Millsap Is All Right!

benefactor
11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah...he had a bad game against us...but he has shown steady improvement over his first few seasons. 11/6 in 25 minutes is pretty good production for a backup. He is 250lbs too, so he is shorter but big enough to handle himself with bigger players. He is also agile for his size and active on the offensive glass...which is a huge issue for us.

benefactor
11-24-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm aware of our salary situation, but we're moving AK or Boozer for cap space- write it down. There is no way Utah just lets Millsap walk for nothing. Besides, him, Deron, Brewer and CJ are more or less best friends and those four have talked about trying to stay on the same team for a long time. He's not leaving.

He may have played poorly against you in one game, but if you think "he's not that good" and "can't defend" than obviously you haven't spent much time watching Paul Millsap play basketball.
Boozer maybe...but I will birth kittens if you guys find someone dumb enough to take AK's contract.

exstatic
11-24-2008, 11:53 PM

His best defensive move the the Karl Malone chop down, and that gets called as a foul anywhere outside of the state of Utah. His best offense is a putback, and SA doesn't crash the offensive glass. They put up the best shot they can and then get back on 'D'.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Yah I Hear That!

balli
11-24-2008, 11:55 PM
His best defensive move the the Karl Malone chop down, and that gets called as a foul anywhere outside of the state of Utah. His best offense is a putback, and SA doesn't crash the offensive glass. They put up the best shot they can and then get back on 'D'.

You REALLY don't know what you're talking about, so I'd stop. That's all I'm going to say.

K-State Spur
11-25-2008, 12:01 AM

He's a beast on the boards at both ends, no doubt. But he's not much of a defender. Although it might appear that way after watching Boozer try to defend for 35 minutes a night.

T Park
11-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Milsap an undersized energy powerforward who is a good rebounder and decent at getting garbage points.

Been there done that...