PDA

View Full Version : G. Hill... reminds you of what NBA player?

twilo73
11-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Could be he be a Kevin Martin? a Ben Gordon? a Barbosa?

I know it is early but I always like to plan ahead. So what roll will he have going forward.. PG, SG? I think he is more of a scoring guard than a PG.

mfanatic
11-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Eddie House type of player that likes to take it to the rim

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Eddie House type of player that likes to take it to the rim

That seems like a bad comparison. Doesn't Hill have handles? House is one of the worst ball handling PG's in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Dennis Johnson. Only other guy I've seen with arms like that.

Hemotivo
11-25-2008, 01:28 AM
lee mayberry

Texas_Ranger
11-25-2008, 01:30 AM
on Manu.

xtremesteven33
11-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Dennis Johnson would be a good comparison

JamStone
11-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Antonio Daniels.

gmanrulz
11-25-2008, 01:39 AM
monta

11-25-2008, 01:50 AM
kind of reminds me of rajon rondo.

timtonymanu
11-25-2008, 01:54 AM
That seems like a bad comparison. Doesn't Hill have handles? House is one of the worst ball handling PG's in the NBA.

plus House is an arrogant fuck since he's been with the Celtics. Hill will be better than House.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 01:55 AM

Actually, that's pretty good. Rondo has the same arms and does a lot of the same things. He was a punchline so often last year that a lot of people failed to realize that he's a pretty good point guard, and from what I've seen he's a great defender.

polandprzem
11-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Michael Cooper

Jaamal Wilkens

SequSpur
11-25-2008, 01:56 AM
dribbles the ball high, but i would have to say maybe hmmm... isiah?

tomtom
11-25-2008, 01:57 AM
monta

Definitely what I was thinking.

11-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Actually, that's pretty good. Rondo has the same arms and does a lot of the same things. He was a punchline so often last year that a lot of people failed to realize that he's a pretty good point guard, and from what I've seen he's a great defender.

yeah, rondo also possesses an incredibly long wingspan like hill, giving him the tools to play good defense. george hill can probably develop into a better offensive player.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 02:01 AM
dribbles the ball high, but i would have to say maybe hmmm... isiah?

:lol

baseline bum
11-25-2008, 02:04 AM
I thought this was a thread about Grant Hill... in which case I was going to say Greg Oden. Since it's about George, I'll go with a mini Spiderman Charles Smith (not the one who was always hurt; the one who outscored and shut down Jordan on national TV in '02).

E20
11-25-2008, 02:06 AM
From what I've seen when Hill's shot isn't there early on, he can get his teammates involved so he can pass just as well as he can score.

jag
11-25-2008, 02:10 AM

Similar defense and body types...only thing is Rajon has a hideous looking shot. Hill actually has good form..he just needs to develop some rhythm to go along with it.

temujin
11-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Johnny Moore.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-25-2008, 02:42 AM
It's probably Monta Ellis with less speed but more intelligence and a more developed game. Hill can easily develop a 3 by the playoffs.

Joe Schmoogins
11-25-2008, 02:59 AM
body type = Rajon Rondo... but his game style honestly reminds me of tony parker lite. When scoring he likes to drive first, shoot second, has a nice stop and pop jumper inside of 15 feet. Can draw contact and finish around the rim. Obviously he doesn't have many of tony's weapons in his arsenal, but perhaps he can develop some of them. Anyone with me on this?

Allanon
11-25-2008, 03:00 AM
Point guard size version of Trevor Ariza.

Blackjack
11-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Body-type and skill-set wise, I'd say he's a combination of Rondo and Harris.

I'd say Rondo and Harris are both better finishers around the basket at this point, Rondo is the best playmaker of the three, Harris is the most explosive athlete, and Hill posesses the best shot.

As far as defensively? I'd say they're pretty comparable, but I think Hill will probably be the best defender of the three. He has Harris' size and Rondo's long arms, but I think he's got a fearlessness and toughness that surpasses either player.

He compared himself a little to Ellis early on, but other than their somewhat similar size, and their comfort at the 2? That's really where the comparisons end for me.

Hill is a very good athlete, but Monta's explosivenss is freakish.

Hill is a tough-minded, gritty, defensive player, who posesses a good shot, and a willingness to pass the ball.(even if not a pure point)

Monta is a gunner, who posesses all the tools to be a complete player, but hasn't displayed the ability or willingness to be one. Toughness, grit, durability, and BBIQ, aren't the type of qualities you hear about when it comes to Ellis.

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 03:02 AM
body type = Rajon Rondo... but his game style honestly reminds me of tony parker lite. When scoring he likes to drive first, shoot second, has a nice stop and pop jumper inside of 15 feet. Can draw contact and finish around the rim. Obviously he doesn't have many of tony's weapons in his arsenal, but perhaps he can develop some of them. Anyone with me on this?

He might have the arsenal or lightning speed, but his athletism makes up for it. And he shot 40% from 3 tonight, not too shabby.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-25-2008, 03:21 AM

Fortunately for the Spurs their coach doesn't have a love affair with a useless Russian snowboarder who can't do anything besides chuck 3's who he starts over the "small Ariza".

I've never seen someone besides VladRad who's legs are so disproportionately short compared to the rest of his body.....he runs like that one chick from scooby-doo.

xellos88330
11-25-2008, 03:41 AM
I cannot actually say who he reminds me of. He looks like he was made from parts of all sorts of NBA players.

stéphane
11-25-2008, 03:56 AM
Fortunately for the Spurs their coach doesn't have a love affair with a useless Russian snowboarder who can't do anything besides chuck 3's who he starts over the "small Ariza".

You sure know countries dude.
Russia was not Serbia the last time I checked.

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 04:17 AM
^ :lol i had to read that 3 times to figure out who he was talking about. The snowboarding made me think of Rad, then i saw Russian.

angelbelow
11-25-2008, 04:25 AM
didnt he say his favorite player was monte and he tried to model his game after his. im not suggesting that they are similar but could be something to kep an eye on.

thekingrobert
11-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Todd Day

timvp
11-25-2008, 05:10 AM
This just came to me but Hill kinda reminds me of a mix of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili :lol

His Parker qualities are pretty obvious but he also is like Manu in that he knows how to accentuate contact and get himself to the free throw line. He also is kinda like Manu in how he swoops in for steals and can sky for rebounds and pull them down amongst the trees. Plus, like Manu, Hill doesn't back down to anyone ... as seen when he mean mugged Camby and got pissed at Lowry tonight.

George Hill ... the Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili lovechild :smokin

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-25-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm really impressed with his ability to go to the free throw line as much as he has. Never thought a late first round rookie would be able to command that much respect from the refs, especially having in mind some of the treatment Duncan, an all time great, has received for some time.

He reminds me a lot of Antonio Daniels when he was a rookie with us in 1999 ( or was it his 2nd season? ). If he's able to provide as much aggressiveness off the bench and most importantly - being able to produce in other aspects when his shot isn't falling, then he'd be a massive asset for the future. Hopefully he can play a bit more at the 2 position when Tony is back.

porscha
11-25-2008, 05:24 AM
he had some awesome play against Yao:downspin::downspin::toast

angelbelow
11-25-2008, 05:32 AM
got pissed at Lowry tonight.

would have loved to catch that, anyone by any chance have the clip?

TDMVPDPOY
11-25-2008, 05:57 AM
kevin johnson anyone? now all we need is him to jam it in someones face

benefactor
11-25-2008, 06:29 AM
A mixture of Monta Ellis and Rajon Rondo.

usckk
11-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Michael Jordan

usckk
11-25-2008, 08:12 AM
This just came to me but Hill kinda reminds me of a mix of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili :lol

His Parker qualities are pretty obvious but he also is like Manu in that he knows how to accentuate contact and get himself to the free throw line. He also is kinda like Manu in how he swoops in for steals and can sky for rebounds and pull them down amongst the trees. Plus, like Manu, Hill doesn't back down to anyone ... as seen when he mean mugged Camby and got pissed at Lowry tonight.

George Hill ... the Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili lovechild :smokin

So perhaps this is the equation:
George Hill = 1/4 Parker + 1/2 Manu

urunobili
11-25-2008, 08:19 AM
monta

he said in an interview he mirrors himself with Monta Ellis...

:tu

TheProfessor
11-25-2008, 08:43 AM
There's some Rondo and Monta there. Hard to find a completely accurate comparison, there's a lot he brings to the table.

G-Nob
11-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth

Bambililos
11-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth

He sure got game :tu

Tully365
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Though they play different positions, Hill reminds me a lot of Scottie Pippen. They both have the great wingspan that helps create havoc on the defensive end of the floor, and Hill, on nights when his shot isn't dropping, still has the ability to contribute hugely with rebounds, assists, steals, blocked shots, etc.-- again, like Scottie in his multi-dimensionality. Both have high BB IQ. Both have slender frames that make their strength and tenacity a little bit surprising. And both came from little-known college basketball programs.

I. Hustle
11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I would say Michael Jordan

Yes George Hill is the next Michael Jordan.

PDXSpursFan
11-25-2008, 11:34 AM
+1

kobyz
11-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Devin Harris

Sissiborgo
11-25-2008, 11:38 AM

True and Hill is a much better player..:fro

Blake
11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
reminds me of Alvin Robertson pre-jail

xtremesteven33
11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I just cant wait to see this forum when Hill has a bad game...haha....

but yea i agree with TIMVP. I noticed how he drives to the basket and cradles the ball just like Manu does. Like a football. I know Manu taught him that. I dont see any other player in the NBA who cradles the basketball like a football while driving to the basket.

MoSpur
11-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I like the comparison of Cooper

urunobili
11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I just cant wait to see this forum when Hill has a bad game...haha....

but yea i agree with TIMVP. I noticed how he drives to the basket and cradles the ball just like Manu does. Like a football. I know Manu taught him that. I dont see any other player in the NBA who cradles the basketball like a football while driving to the basket.

TP does :king

GSH
11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
He might have the arsenal or lightning speed, but his athletism makes up for it. And he shot 40% from 3 tonight, not too shabby.

I don't know what qualifies for lightning speed, but Hill has one of the fastest times for a 3/4 court sprint in the pre-draft camp, since they started reporting it. He's damned fast.

The comparisons to Rondo look pretty good right now. They are very similar physically, and both have that huge wingspan. Both defend hard, and have good lateral movement. I think Hill is faster, and his vertical leap is a little better. It's still early in the season, but so far Hill is scoring more than Rondo did as a rookie, but not getting as many boards or assists in almost identical minutes.

There is no reason why Hill can't be every bit as good as Rondo, and I think most people agree that is pretty damned good. But why not? Rondo was a 21 pick in the first round, and Hill was a 26 pick.

BigVee
11-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I too thought of Michael Cooper. Certainly he is not as tall, but has a similar body, lean yet big shoulders and deceptively strong. A very good defender with long arms and an absolute fearless demeanor on the court. Love how he goes after the ball and has a real toughness to his game.

xtremesteven33
11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Rondo is not half the shooter that Hill is. So far Rondo is the better player but Hill has the potential to be the better player

shelshor
11-25-2008, 12:30 PM
JoJo White

dbestpro
11-25-2008, 12:57 PM
He sometimes looks a little like a young Walt Frazier.

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't know what qualifies for lightning speed, but Hill has one of the fastest times for a 3/4 court sprint in the pre-draft camp, since they started reporting it. He's damned fast.

The comparisons to Rondo look pretty good right now. They are very similar physically, and both have that huge wingspan. Both defend hard, and have good lateral movement. I think Hill is faster, and his vertical leap is a little better. It's still early in the season, but so far Hill is scoring more than Rondo did as a rookie, but not getting as many boards or assists in almost identical minutes.

There is no reason why Hill can't be every bit as good as Rondo, and I think most people agree that is pretty damned good. But why not? Rondo was a 21 pick in the first round, and Hill was a 26 pick.

Lightning speed in the NBA would be determined as TP, Barbosa, and Devin. There the Flash cousins, Hill is just Quicksilver. You'll get it if you're a big comic nerd like I am.:p:

Hemotivo
11-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Todd Day

yeah

:toast

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Whenever I see "G. Hill" I think of Grant Hill a little bit. Not sure why.

dbestpro
11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Something else of note is that George Hill is actually 6 months older than Mahinmi. Ian has been around here a while but is still younger than the star rookie.

K-State Spur
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Devin Harris

That's actually a pretty good one. He doesn't quite have Harris' top gear, but I can see some similarities.

Galileo
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Hill: The next Mo Cheeks.

Tully365
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Something else of note is that George Hill is actually 6 months older than Mahinmi. Ian has been around here a while but is still younger than the star rookie.

Wow-- that's a great point.

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Rondo is not half the shooter that Hill is. So far Rondo is the better player but Hill has the potential to be the better player

Is it just me, or do the Rondo comparisions seem unfair? I jsee a decent PG who has Allen, KG, and Pierce to make him look good. Hill has shown he can make waves on a team with only 1 true Allstar. And that Yao and Camby are his bitches.:king

z0sa
11-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Is it just me, or do the Rondo comparisions seem unfair? I jsee a decent PG who has Allen, KG, and Pierce to make him look good. Hill has shown he can make waves on a team with only 1 true Allstar. And that Yao and Camby are his bitches.:king

Just what I was thinking. No knock on Rondo, but in this same situation he doesn't do 2/3 of what Hill has done.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
kevin johnson anyone? now all we need is him to jam it in someones face

And invite a 14 year old girl to his house and come out of his bathroom butt naked after which he pays the girl's family not to press charges......just kidding KJ is a stud (that really did happen though).

Southwest Texas Fan
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
And invite a 14 year old girl to his house and come out of his bathroom butt naked after which he pays the girl's family not to press charges......just kidding KJ is a stud (that really did happen though).

Sexual assault allegations

[edit] Phoenix investigation
During the summer of 1995, a 16 year old girl alleged that Johnson had fondled her. Johnson does not strongly deny the accusation that he took a shower with the girl when confronted by her with that accusation during a phone conversation recorded by Phoenix police.[18] The Sacramento Bee stated that they had received a copy of a proposed settlement agreement, under which Johnson would have paid the girl's family $230,000.[19] After conducting an investigation, the Maricopa County Attorney's Office declined to prosecute, on the grounds that there was not a reasonable likelihood of conviction.[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Johnson

MrChug
11-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Johnny Moore.

+1

saxman
11-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Antonio Daniels.

Ditto.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Sexual assault allegations

[edit] Phoenix investigation
During the summer of 1995, a 16 year old girl alleged that Johnson had fondled her. Johnson does not strongly deny the accusation that he took a shower with the girl when confronted by her with that accusation during a phone conversation recorded by Phoenix police.[18] The Sacramento Bee stated that they had received a copy of a proposed settlement agreement, under which Johnson would have paid the girl's family $230,000.[19] After conducting an investigation, the Maricopa County Attorney's Office declined to prosecute, on the grounds that there was not a reasonable likelihood of conviction.[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Johnson

introducing Sacramento's mayor-elect!!!!!

#2!
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I like the Ariza comparison. Since I like the fans of all WC teams I've been comparing my favorite team to the Lakers all season. And when I do I'm always impressed with Ariza and Hill IS the spur's Ariza, though at a different position.

Hill has been great: great defense, serviceable jump shot/3pts, drives to the rim, goes to the foul line alot.

The best part however is his toughness and attitude. His attitude towards defense lets me know that when the playoffs roll around, even if he loses his shot completetly he'll continue to put in full effort on the defensive end of the court. And besides I don't think that, given the kind of skills he looks to have in his repitoire, you couldn't hand pick two better players than Tony and Manu for him to model himself after offensively.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Tonu Ginarker.

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 05:34 PM
George Hill Parker Longoria Ginobili.

fixed:bking

SpursDynasty
11-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Devin Harris

texbound
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Though they play different positions, Hill reminds me a lot of Scottie Pippen. They both have the great wingspan that helps create havoc on the defensive end of the floor, and Hill, on nights when his shot isn't dropping, still has the ability to contribute hugely with rebounds, assists, steals, blocked shots, etc.-- again, like Scottie in his multi-dimensionality. Both have high BB IQ. Both have slender frames that make their strength and tenacity a little bit surprising. And both came from little-known college basketball programs.

I can see that. Especially on the defensive end of the court. I also think of Jalen Rose when I see Hill bring the ball up the court. I think Hill has a much quicker first step than Jalen ever did. So, I see the lovechild of Scottie Pippen (without the nose) and Jalen Rose.

Brazil
11-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I think that Hill will be much better than Rondo.

manufor3
11-25-2008, 07:09 PM
around a rondo type player

ICE3000
11-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Something about hill reminds me of Eddie Jones

AFBlue
11-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Skimmed through 4 pages and didn't see what I thought was the most obvious comparison....

Devin Harris

Both are long, athletic, score-first guards with good defensive instincts and potential. I can see Ellis too, but I don't know that Monta has the defensive instincts or tenacity.

Anyone else see that?

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Skimmed through 4 pages and didn't see what I thought was the most obvious comparison....

Devin Harris

Both are long, athletic, score-first guards with good defensive instincts and potential. I can see Ellis too, but I don't know that Monta has the defensive instincts or tenacity.

Anyone else see that?

You need practice skimming; it's been mentioned on every page.

I don't think George is nearly as quick as Harris, and he's not as relentless offensively at this point. I think of him as being bigger, perhaps just because he's got such long arms.

AFBlue
11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
You need practice skimming; it's been mentioned on every page.

I don't think George is nearly as quick as Harris, and he's not as relentless offensively at this point. I think of him as being bigger, perhaps just because he's got such long arms.

Well I'll make my submission for page 4 then...:lol

You're right about the quickness of Harris, but I actually think Hill has increased his agressiveness exponentially over the past few games.

Either way, no comparison is going to get it exactly. I'd go with Harris as closest.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I agree that Hill's been very good lately, but he hasn't been consistently aggressive. Someone referred to Hill as a doberman, and that's about right. He's very effective when he's being aggressive, so much so that we will probably see Manu in the starting lineup when Parker comes back. If Manu and Hill are the second unit backcourt, they're going to be a wrecking crew. I don't know if the Spurs need that much aggression all at once. They should certainly be able to extend leads and get into the bonus.

tlongII
11-25-2008, 08:37 PM
A smaller, less-athletic Billy Paultz.

BlackBellamy
11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Baby T- Prince. It's that wingspan, me thinks. Like Prince at UK (by the way), not his game nowadays.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM

How's that shit sandwich tasting?

raspsa
11-25-2008, 09:24 PM
He reminds me of Lindsey Hunter. Same long armsm defensive mind-set, capable offensively.

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM

How did the Blazers pass on Georgie.

DJ_Mac
11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I think GHill reminds me of a more athletic Dennis Johnson.

Biggems
11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
he reminds me of a darker, shorter, skinnier, and more athletic version of Andrew Bogut.....

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I agree that Hill's been very good lately, but he hasn't been consistently aggressive. Someone referred to Hill as a doberman, and that's about right. He's very effective when he's being aggressive, so much so that we will probably see Manu in the starting lineup when Parker comes back. If Manu and Hill are the second unit backcourt, they're going to be a wrecking crew. I don't know if the Spurs need that much aggression all at once. They should certainly be able to extend leads and get into the bonus.

Never too much aggression. With 3 explosive players, teams will have to be ALOT more careful about fouling, thus leading to easy buckets. Even Mason can drive a bit, but he prefers to rain 3's. And since they almost always seem to go in, why not? I still remember the 3 he had at the end of the 2st half against Utah. He was over 27 ft away, but he drained that shit.

Manufan909
11-25-2008, 10:44 PM
he reminds me of a darker, shorter, skinnier, and more athletic version of Andrew Bogut.....

:lmao

I read the name first, and I was like :wow:wow:wow???

Blackjack
11-25-2008, 11:18 PM
AFBlue

Devin Harris

Anyone else see that?

Body-type and skill-set wise, I'd say he's a combination of Rondo and Harris.

I'd say Rondo and Harris are both better finishers around the basket at this point, Rondo is the best playmaker of the three, Harris is the most explosive athlete, and Hill posesses the best shot.

As far as defensively? I'd say they're pretty comparable, but I think Hill will probably be the best defender of the three. He has Harris' size and Rondo's long arms, but I think he's got a fearlessness and toughness that surpasses either player.

He compared himself a little to Ellis early on, but other than their somewhat similar size, and their comfort at the 2? That's really where the comparisons end for me.

Hill is a very good athlete, but Monta's explosivenss is freakish.

Hill is a tough-minded, gritty, defensive player, who posesses a good shot, and a willingness to pass the ball.(even if not a pure point)

Monta is a gunner, who posesses all the tools to be a complete player, but hasn't displayed the ability or willingness to be one. Toughness, grit, durability, and BBIQ, aren't the type of qualities you hear about when it comes to Ellis.

I'm not going to kill your skimming skills, but you're right to think that there's some similarities between the two.:lol

By the way... Can somebody hook a brother up, and tell me how to use the multi-quote???:wtf

Russ
11-25-2008, 11:25 PM
reminds me of Alvin Robertson pre-jail

Yes, that's it! :king

Steve-O-Matic
11-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Reminds me a bit of Chancey Billups, who was also a college SG turned NBA PG.

kobe_bryant
11-26-2008, 12:39 AM
less beefy version of Derek Fisher

sexinthatsx
11-26-2008, 04:46 AM
george hill reminds me of a hybrid between rajon rondo and jameer nelson

homer
11-26-2008, 05:15 AM
less beefy version of Derek Fisher

Since we're talkin Lakers, how about a shorter Trevor Ariza.:hat

SpurSupremacist
11-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Bankrupt man's Devin Harris

vy65
11-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Gary Payton

z0sa
11-26-2008, 07:05 PM
George Hill?...

:smokin

jayc23
11-26-2008, 07:56 PM

you know nothing about the game of basketball sir.

Anti.Hero
11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
M.j.

Tom Nissalke
11-26-2008, 10:54 PM
John Stockton

VaSpursFan
11-26-2008, 11:00 PM
he can be a jason kidd like if his passing improves and to me it's improving. his rebounding numbers for a guard are fucking ridiculous.

Capt Bringdown
11-26-2008, 11:01 PM
He's making a name for himself. Still early, lotsa things can happen, but it appears the Spurs have landed the steal of the draft, yes?

SpurSupremacist
11-27-2008, 05:51 PM
he can be a jason kidd like if his passing improves and to me it's improving. his rebounding numbers for a guard are fucking ridiculous.

That's a pretty ridiculous comparison. I just had to comment.

de Soto
11-27-2008, 05:55 PM
He reminds me of George Hill.

AFBlue
11-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Any comparison to Kidd or Rondo solely have to do with size, because Hill is absolutely no comparison when it comes to passing ability and court vision.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:04 AM
So Kidd and Rondo have similar passing ability and court vision?

temujin
11-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Sometimes I wonder what kind of Spurs fans are in here.
What is their historical knowledge of some of the players that starred for their own team.

Rondo? Grant Hill? Cheeks?

I watched a full game of Hill for the first time, (the Chicago one) and I do reiterate that the guy is impressively similar to Jonnhy Moore.

The same body (height, large and square shoulders, long arms),
the same composure,
the same apparent -unstoppable- "slowness".
The shot release is a bit different, yet Hill is also a very good shooter.
The same natural leadership skills.

Elegant.
In control.

Pure class.

This guy is going to be a treat.

George OO Hill.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm still puzzled as to why a comparison to Rondo is somehow upsetting to some of you. Rondo has long arms, huge hands, is deceptively quick and can score at the rim.

Hill's already a better scorer than Johnny Moore.

picnroll
11-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Seems to me someone mentioned it before but body-wise, athleticism, skills potential he reminds me of Fat Lever and that ain't bad.

howbouthemspurs
11-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Grant Hill

Blackjack
11-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Ya know... Seeing the way he's able to follow his shot for put-backs, the way he uses picks to get in the lane, and the way he plays so under control, with such great composure? I'd say, he's got a little B.Roy in his game to go along with Rondo's defense/rebounding and Harris' build.

Ishta
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Antonio Daniels.
I agree

lefty
11-29-2008, 03:21 PM
A hybrid.........maybe Pippen + Dennis Johnson

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 03:32 PM
A hybrid.........maybe Pippen + Dennis Johnson

Wow, I was reluctant to compare him to a single HOF player, and you combine that one with another HOF player. Our expectations are increasing by the day. :lol

lefty
11-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, I was reluctant to compare him to a single HOF player, and you combine that one with another HOF player. Our expectations are increasing by the day. :lol

I'm not saying he's a HOF yet, but the style+athleticism+versatility reminds me of Pip+DJ

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm not saying he's a HOF yet, but the style+athleticism+versatility reminds me of Pip+DJ

I know, I was just laughing at all of us. It's hard to find comparisons. If only Georgie were Pip's height.