PDA

View Full Version : Portland police officer shoots rampaging pit bull

tlongII
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
http://portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=122762421699550000

A Portland police officer shot and killed an aggressive pit bull during a call in Southeast Portland Monday night.

Officers were dispatched to a house near Southeast 72nd and Crystal Springs Boulevard just after 8 p.m.

Two pit bulls had reportedly broken through a fence and were attacked three smaller dogs. The police bureau says one of the pit bulls charged an officer, who shot and killed it.

The other attacking dog ran away.

Officers have not been able to locate the owners of the pit bulls.

Two of the smaller dogs were killed. The third is in pretty bad shape.

I. Hustle
11-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Those dogs just weren't properly trained. I am preparing my wife's Yorkie for the ring. So far I have gotten him up to Jack Russells. I am using them to work on his speed. His next test will be a Lab to build up his strength.

lefty
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Why did he shot Oden?

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 08:18 AM
The Portland Police have quite the history of shooting people who are not a threat. At least the Dog was a reasonable shooting.

Kendra James (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendra_James) is one that comes to mind. I cannot think of the name of a guy who was shot soon after, but he was flailing around just after having his clothes burned off. Not a threat to the police officer, but shot anyway.

Our police department has a real bad history, but they are never found guilty.

James was stopped by three police officers, including Officer Scott McCollister. Three other people in the car with her were arrested. During a check for outstanding warrants, James—who had a criminal record and a drug problem—attempted to flee the scene. McCollister tried to pull her out of the car, but she started it and began to move. McCollister drew his weapon and fired several shots. After the shooting, the officers handcuffed James and left her bleeding on the street without administering medical attention. James died four hours later.

Dogs are treated with more respect that McCollister gave to James.