PDA

View Full Version : regulation change in March, the military's definition of combat-related disabilities

boutons_
11-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Injured veterans engaged in new combat

"Marine Cpl. James Dixon was wounded twice in Iraq -- by a roadside bomb and a land mine. He suffered a traumatic brain injury, a concussion, a dislocated hip and hearing loss. He was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Army Sgt. Lori Meshell shattered a hip and crushed her back and knees while diving for cover during a mortar attack in Iraq. She has undergone a hip replacement and knee reconstruction and needs at least three more surgeries.

In each case, the Pentagon ruled that their disabilities were not combat-related."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-combat25-2008nov25,0,3682816.story

==============

At least the military takes care of its own.

Anti.Hero
11-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Keep us updated on the situation once Bambam gets in office.

johnsmith
11-25-2008, 05:36 PM
That's pretty fucked up.

clambake
11-25-2008, 05:42 PM

what, no comment on the current situation?

Anti.Hero
11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Some in Washington should be charged with treason for this, and among other, bullshit clambake.

clambake
11-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Some in Washington should be charged with treason for this, and among other, bullshit clambake.

who should be held to task, in your opinion?

chode_regulator
11-25-2008, 08:23 PM

what the fuck is he going to do?

AFBlue
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm sure the intent of the legislation was to stop the rampant abuse of disability benefits to soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. I have a buddy that spent 4 months in Iraq, came back, had a physical done, and now receives 30% disability....for a pre-existing condition with his knee.

You never like to hear about situations like this and they are almost indefensible...but it's important to understand the context of a bill that might have inadvertantly caused these situations.

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm sure the intent of the legislation was to stop the rampant abuse of disability benefits to soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. I have a buddy that spent 4 months in Iraq, came back, had a physical done, and now receives 30% disability....for a pre-existing condition with his knee.

You never like to hear about situations like this and they are almost indefensible...but it's important to understand the context of a bill that might have inadvertantly caused these situations.

I cannot believe it was to limit abuse. If so they wouldn't have changed the criteria of combat injuries.

I say the democrats knew what they were doing when they passed this legislation. Question is, did president Bush know? Does he even have to sign such changes, or does congress have sole power here?

I found it ironic that Levin is blaming the pentagon for enforcing the bill, as written! Of course. Democrat policies never hurt people...
Anyone have a H.B # for the legislation? It would be interesting to read.