PDA

View Full Version : My Western Conference Rankings

SpursDynasty
11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Rankings 1-10 in the West.

1. Spurs - We're 7-6, but we really should be 10-3. We have only played 3 games that we deserved to lose. The 103-98 Phoenix loss, 100-99 loss to Portland, and 82-78 loss to Milwaukee were pretty much BS losses decided in the last minute on a shot that didn't go or an extra board that we didn't grab. We have more depth and more scoring options than last year in Roger Mason and George Hill. We pretty much made the WCF's last year on our Big Three alone. Add these two in the mix for that extra shot we needed, and we're NBA Champions 2009.

2. Suns - At 9-5, I'm impressed with these guys. I didn't expect them to do much this year. They are still 5th in the league in PPG, without nonsensical jacking up wild shots within the first 5 seconds of the shot clock.

3. Jazz - They've faced a lot of injuries and are still able to manage a 9-6 record. Good job. Not much else to say other than they've been screwed by injuries like the Spurs.

4. Nuggets - I never liked this team, but with a world class player in Chauncey Billups, they're different. 8-2 in the Billups era. Looks like they realized that Iverson and Camby did absolutely nothing for them.

5. Lakers - The only reason the Lakers sit at #1 in the official West standings is because they haven't faced any injuries. SA and Utah should be ahead of this team in the standings by the end of the season. LA should enjoy its easy schedule while they can. I've said this many times before, LA isn't a great team at all, they're just getting their shots to go down right now (similar to: 04-05 Sonics, 06-07 Mavericks, 07-08 Hornets). Regular season firepower followed by playoffs flop.

6. Houston - No explanation needed. Houston is Houston. Usually a number 5 or 6 seed that chokes in the first round.

7. Hornets - I actually thought this team would be at the top of the West. I ORIGINALLY said these guys were flukes last year, then tried to give them credit and say they're for real, now they're only proving my original position.

8. Blazers - They're only here because no one else is good enough.

9. Warriors - It's sad to see what has happened to what was briefly the league's most exciting team since the 2007 beat down of Dallas.

10. Mavericks - These guys are done.

sook
11-25-2008, 07:43 PM
you're an assclown.

Go dig yourself a hole and hide in it.

Medvedenko
11-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Regular season firepower followed by playoffs flop.
See the spurs last season.....

sook
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
And nothing to take away from the 4 rings, but the spurs aren't a dynasty, more like team of the decade.

Allanon
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Spursdynasty, never fails to deliver.

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
And nothing to take away from the 4 rings, but the spurs aren't a dynasty, more like team of the decade.

Still battling with LA for that. LA has more head to head wins in the playoffs:ihit:ihit

JamStone
11-25-2008, 07:55 PM
You voted for Ralph Nader.

turiaf for president
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
the fact that you wrote a paragraph to explain why la is 5th shows u know the lakers are number one. you are an idiot, everyone knows it. i think i just might put u on the ignore list

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Still battling with LA for that. LA has more head to head wins in the playoffs:ihit:ihit

And also more lottery appearances :ihit

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM

Obviously Spursdynasty is an idiot, but those offensive teams he mentioned didnt have their best scorer injured during their playoff exit (or their opposition didnt have Vujacic to shut down their best scorer :toast)

sook
11-25-2008, 08:17 PM
the fact that you wrote a paragraph to explain why la is 5th shows u know the lakers are number one. you are an idiot, everyone knows it. i think i just might put u on the ignore list

how do you do that?

I've been wanting to do it to this guy forever

Lakers_55
11-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Nah, leave him on. It's really fun to see how scared of the Lakers he really is. I find it funny he has Denver ahead of us, who we beat twice, totally dominating them after they got Billups.

Correct seeding:

1: Lakers, way above every other team.
2-10. Let them fight it out amongst themselves for playoff position.

tlongII
11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I'll never put SpursDynasty on ignore. His posts are too funny.

turiaf for president
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
^ your not too far behind there tlong

turiaf for president
11-25-2008, 08:44 PM
how do you do that?

I've been wanting to do it to this guy forever

click on control panel and scroll down the left side.

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM
lol at the Laker fans getting worked up over a SpursDynasty post.

Calm the fuck down, no one is going to take away your 14 game NBA Championship

Banzai
11-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I'll never put SpursDynasty on ignore. His posts are too funny.

For once I will agree with you.:lol:toast

jack sommerset
11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
There is no way spursdynasty is that stupid. Its a cheap routine he likes to put on.

Reck
11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Spursdinasty is too much into the Spurs. I think he also made a 2008 NBA standing prediction where he put the Spurs #1 and the Lakers at the bottom or something like that.:rolleyes

Maybe the guy just needs a break from being wrong for once. lol

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 09:39 PM
And also more lottery appearances :ihit

And more Finals appearances :ihit

ElNono
11-25-2008, 09:44 PM
And more Finals appearances :ihit

And more lost Finals :ihit

MarHill
11-25-2008, 09:48 PM
You voted for Ralph Nader.

He's way too liberal for me!!! No...excuse me he's progressive not liberal!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ghazi
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
The SpursDynasty gimmick is getting old fast.

The Lakers destroyed the Nuggets and Suns, yet are placed below them?

The Spurs close losses are flukes? What about all those close wins were the Spurs shot ridiculously from behind the arc?

The WARRIORS are better than the Mavs?

I can actually BUY the Mavs being the 9th best team in the West, but the WARRIORS are terrible.

PS, the Mavs waxed the Spurs too

Ghazi
11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Also, and unlike the 06-07 Mavs, the 04-05 Sonics, and 07-08 Hornets, the Lakers are #1 in DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY

the SPURS are the ones who have needed flukishly hot 3-PT shooting just to be 7-6.

MarHill
11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Rankings 1-10 in the West.

1. Spurs - We're 7-6, but we really should be 10-3. We have only played 3 games that we deserved to lose. The 103-98 Phoenix loss, 100-99 loss to Portland, and 82-78 loss to Milwaukee were pretty much BS losses decided in the last minute on a shot that didn't go or an extra board that we didn't grab. We have more depth and more scoring options than last year in Roger Mason and George Hill. We pretty much made the WCF's last year on our Big Three alone. Add these two in the mix for that extra shot we needed, and we're NBA Champions 2009.

2. Suns - At 9-5, I'm impressed with these guys. I didn't expect them to do much this year. They are still 5th in the league in PPG, without nonsensical jacking up wild shots within the first 5 seconds of the shot clock.

3. Jazz - They've faced a lot of injuries and are still able to manage a 9-6 record. Good job. Not much else to say other than they've been screwed by injuries like the Spurs.

4. Nuggets - I never liked this team, but with a world class player in Chauncey Billups, they're different. 8-2 in the Billups era. Looks like they realized that Iverson and Camby did absolutely nothing for them.

5. Lakers - The only reason the Lakers sit at #1 in the official West standings is because they haven't faced any injuries. SA and Utah should be ahead of this team in the standings by the end of the season. LA should enjoy its easy schedule while they can. I've said this many times before, LA isn't a great team at all, they're just getting their shots to go down right now (similar to: 04-05 Sonics, 06-07 Mavericks, 07-08 Hornets). Regular season firepower followed by playoffs flop.

6. Houston - No explanation needed. Houston is Houston. Usually a number 5 or 6 seed that chokes in the first round.

7. Hornets - I actually thought this team would be at the top of the West. I ORIGINALLY said these guys were flukes last year, then tried to give them credit and say they're for real, now they're only proving my original position.

8. Blazers - They're only here because no one else is good enough.

9. Warriors - It's sad to see what has happened to what was briefly the league's most exciting team since the 2007 beat down of Dallas.

SpursDynasty,

I love these rankings as a Spurs fan. But as of late November, the Spurs are not the number one team right now (nor they should be). The Lakers are playing better than everyone in the West to start the season. Also, they won't win 70 games!! The media needs to stop hyping that crap right now!

But, I want the Spurs to be playing their best ball in March and April. But I love the fact they have been able to hold the fort until the calvary comes back.

:flag:

Reck
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Also, and unlike the 06-07 Mavs, the 04-05 Sonics, and 07-08 Hornets, the Lakers are #1 in DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY

the SPURS are the ones who have needed flukishly hot 3-PT shooting just to be 7-6.

Both of your back to back posts are dumb.

IronMexican
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
And more lost Finals :ihit

:flipoff Still beat you guys more!

Ghazi
11-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Both of your back to back posts are dumb.

What about them? It's true that the Spurs have needed ridiculous 3-PT shooting to be 7-6 thus far. Now, I know they're injured, I'm just saying that the "getting shots to fall" stigma that SpursDynasty gives to teh Lakers is more applicable to the Spurs thus far.

Matchman
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
why do you guys still got railed up by his comments:lol? he will do this every other day during the NBA season. and i found some of them quite funny :lmao

z0sa
11-25-2008, 10:32 PM

Since you only went one round past our injured and tired roster, you could call your own team a playoff flop, too.

Lakers_55
11-25-2008, 10:38 PM
why do you guys still got railed up by his comments:lol? he will do this every other day during the NBA season. and i found some of them quite funny :lmao

He doesn't bother me, I already dubbed him the Baghdad Bob of Spurs talk! Probably the same guy.

Findog
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM

SpursDynasty is Truth!

Findog
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM

SD is so full of win :tu

Anti.Hero
11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Gets em' every time.

The man is a living legend.

MrChug
11-25-2008, 11:23 PM

Nice followup...and what happened? My short term memory is a little hazy.

http://www.nuggetshoops.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/celtics-2008nba-250x300.gif

Bandwagon Fan
11-26-2008, 06:40 AM
When did they ever start?

Since you only went one round past our injured and tired roster, you could call your own team a playoff flop, too.

Let me help you guys out. You guys lost rather embarrassingly to the Lakers in 5 games. And el oh el we went to the final round, what's left the superfinals?

BlackBellamy
11-26-2008, 06:04 PM

So, people that live in glass houses... anyways, I was just laughing about a 40 point blowout in the finals last year, now who was that?

z0sa
11-26-2008, 07:19 PM
When did they ever start?

Let me help you guys out. You guys lost rather embarrassingly to the Lakers in 5 games. And el oh el we went to the final round, what's left the superfinals?

Let me help you out: we've ended your WC champion streak once this decade, and we're going to do it again.

You had days of rest and the spurs got in at 7am the two mornings before, yet still were blowing your weak hearted team away at home.

Shouldn't you be sucking Stern's dick some more for another freebie or some scheduling help?

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Let me help you out: we've ended your WC champion streak once this decade, and we're going to do it again.

You had days of rest and the spurs got in at 7am the two mornings before, yet still were blowing your weak hearted team away at home.

Shouldn't you be sucking Stern's dick some more for another freebie or some scheduling help?

Fuck you're a whiny bitch. Sure your not a suns fan?

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 11:38 AM

I remember a short handed Laker team making the NBA Finals when most experts didn't even think they would make the playoffs last year. Not bad at all I would say. :toast

spursfan09
11-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Personally I am glad the Lakers beat us to play the Celtics. I didn't want the Spurs to be any part of that dismantling the Celts were about to lay on thier finals opponent.