PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Interested In Carlos Boozer?

Brazil
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Nov 24, 2008 4:08 PM EST
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Boozer_Carlos_uta.jpg New York's chances of landing LeBron James in the summer of 2010 will hinge on whether or not they will be able to sign another star player.
Carlos Boozer will become a free agent this summer and the Knicks could have room to sign him if they deal Eddy Curry before February's deadline.
"It's a realistic concern," a league executive said of New York's ability to land another star to help LeBron. "It's more improbable than likely. I think a lot of people have to start taking LeBron at his word when he says money and marketing are not the most important factors. He's got to be contending for a championship. He can't come in and resurrect everything alone. It wouldn't be any different situation than he is in Cleveland. He wants to be Kobe (Bryant) and Michael (Jordan) and have all those rings."

Source: New York Post

Lebron + Boozer ?

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
If they move Curry, they could sign Boozer this summer, LeBron in 2010 and another top caliber FA although probably not a max one since Boozer will command about $75m over 5 years

jacobdrj
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Carlos Boozer and LeBron James on the same team... wow. Things like that just never seem to happen in the NBA. That would be too cool. Like a proven 20-10, and a star swingman like LeBron... That would be crazier than Pau to the Lakers, and we know that could never happen... or KG to the Celtics with Paul Perce...

Things like that just don't happen...

:toast

Girasuck
11-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I think we saw yesterday what Paul Millsap could do being the starting PF. It would take a little bit for him to get the pick-n-roll down with DWill but other than that, Millsap can be everything Boozer is in our offense...plus Millsap is 20x better on the defensive end. I really hope we trade Boozer so we at least get something for him in return. Even if we lose Boozer in the off season, at least we clear some cap space to sign Millsap, Okur, and Korver. Plus we have to think about our #1 pick in 2010 which will be New York's pick, a sure top 5 pick at that.

Brazil
11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Boozer + Lebron and a decent supporting cast could be devastating

Girasuck
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM

No doubt about that. Plus by the time 2010 comes around Boston and Detroit will be too old to compete so the East could be a cakewalk for the Knicks.

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 08:53 PM
The Knicks arent the only team that will improve. There should be alot of movement with Free Agents.

mystargtr34
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I think we saw yesterday what Paul Millsap could do being the starting PF. It would take a little bit for him to get the pick-n-roll down with DWill but other than that, Millsap can be everything Boozer is in our offense...plus Millsap is 20x better on the defensive end. I really hope we trade Boozer so we at least get something for him in return. Even if we lose Boozer in the off season, at least we clear some cap space to sign Millsap, Okur, and Korver. Plus we have to think about our #1 pick in 2010 which will be New York's pick, a sure top 5 pick at that.

Boozer is one of the more talented offensive players in the league. Hes got a soft touch, left and right hand, decent handles and a money mid range jumper. 4 things that Millsap doesnt have, and you cant bank on a guy getting those things just by working on them.

Defensively though, Millsap >> Boozer - but overall hes no Boozer.

Girasuck
11-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Boozer is one of the more talented offensive players in the league. Hes got a soft touch, left and right hand, decent handles and a money mid range jumper. 4 things that Millsap doesnt have, and you cant bank on a guy getting those things just by working on them.

Defensively though, Millsap >> Boozer - but overall hes no Boozer.

Boozer's jumper, starting half way through last season, has been way off. His handles have been pathetic so far this season...dribbling too much in traffic. He commits way too many stupid fouls by pushing instead of actually working for position, and he continues to have problems with anyone with length guarding him.

Millsap has just as good of a jumper as Boozer. He's worked extremely hard on this part of his game over the past two years. I feel just as comfortable with Millsap taking a jumper as I do with Boozer. Millsap has tremendous hands, often grabbing loose balls and passes that nobody else can get. His touch around the basket is just as soft as Boozer's, and he doesn't fold when a bigger guy is guarding him. He attacks every defender and is a much better finisher around the basket. Millsap has also added a sweet turnaround jumper and a beautiful jab-step back fade away jumper. At this point Boozer has better footwork in the low post, but with everything else Millsap continues to get better with this.

The only concern I would have is Millsap and DWill in the pick-n-roll. It's a major part of our offense especially late in the game. Millsap doesn't have the feel for the pick-n-roll yet, but I have no doubts this would come over time with him and Deron.

This reminds me a lot of the transition from Adrian Dantley to Karl Malone. Dantley was a premier offensive scorer (much like Boozer) but really didn't do anything on the defensive end. Malone showed improvement his first couple seasons, so much so that the Jazz traded the proven scorer in Dantley so Malone could take over. Malone's entire offensive game came from work, work, and more work. Millsap has shown the same work ethic as Malone and IMO, it's his time now. Time for Boozer to hit the road and Millsap to step in as the cornerstone PF this team needs.

Then there's the defensive end where everyone on earth knows Millsap is tons better than Boozer.

balli
11-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Boozer's jumper, starting half way through last season, has been way off. His handles have been pathetic so far this season...dribbling too much in traffic. He commits way too many stupid fouls by pushing instead of actually working for position, and he continues to have problems with anyone with length guarding him.
+1

Millsap has just as good of a jumper as Boozer. He's worked extremely hard on this part of his game over the past two years. I feel just as comfortable with Millsap taking a jumper as I do with Boozer.
+1

Millsap has tremendous hands, often grabbing loose balls and passes that nobody else can get. His touch around the basket is just as soft as Boozer's, and he doesn't fold when a bigger guy is guarding him. He attacks every defender and is a much better finisher around the basket. Millsap has also added a sweet turnaround jumper and a beautiful jab-step back fade away jumper. At this point Boozer has better footwork in the low post, but with everything else Millsap continues to get better with this.
+1

People on this board have some serious misconceptions about Paul Millsap. People talk about him like he was Andy Varejao.

mystargtr34
11-26-2008, 01:16 AM
I think Millsap is awesome, but Boozer is and likely will remain better throughout their careers - hes only 4 years older too.

ShoogarBear
11-26-2008, 01:18 AM

And boy wouldn't that piss off Cav Fan.

timtonymanu
11-26-2008, 02:14 AM
that'll be cool to see Boozer and Lebron teammates again. let's see if it works out better this time than it did in Cleveland.

Brazil
11-26-2008, 08:23 AM
No doubt about that. Plus by the time 2010 comes around Boston and Detroit will be too old to compete so the East could be a cakewalk for the Knicks.

I think that the Bulls will be a very competitive team also in the future.

Findog
11-26-2008, 08:30 AM
How do we know the Knicks are banking it all on LeBron? Sure they have cap space for 2010 now, but they don't have any talent. LeBron's not going to sign with them just because he's desperate as shit to play in Manhattan. If it comes down to "LeBron will sign with NY as long as Boozer does," and "Boozer will sign with NY as long as Bron-Bron does," then it'll never come off, as the Brand-Davis situation with the Clippers played out this past off season.

On the other hand, the Knicks play in the #1 media market and it's not good for the League for one of the marquee franchises to continue to be in the dumps. I detect the sinister hand of Commissioner Meyer Lansky:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/07/24/sports/basketball/24nba-600.jpg

He'll "fix" it so LeBron goes to NY, and has a bona fide #2 sidekick waiting for him.

Armando
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM

Cakewalk? Hardly you still have Chicago,Orlando,Miami and possibly Toronto. Not saying the Knicks can't win with LeBron but is not like those teams will roll over for them. You just don't know what will happen in 2010. How about if LeBron and Bosh team up in NYC? What if lets say the Heat counter that by pairing Wade with Amar'e or Boozer along with Beasly and Chalmers? Who is the favorite to win the East then?

Girasuck
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Cakewalk? Hardly you still have Chicago,Orlando,Miami and possibly Toronto. Not saying the Knicks can't win with LeBron but is not like those teams will roll over for them. You just don't know what will happen in 2010. How about if LeBron and Bosh team up in NYC? What if lets say the Heat counter that by pairing Wade with Amar'e or Boozer along with Beasly and Chalmers? Who is the favorite to win the East then?

Well if Bosh goes to New York then you can remove Toronto from your list. Chicago has one stud and a bunch of chuckers and role men. They won't be that great in two years. Orlando could be good but I'm not sold on them until they bring in a good point guard. Miami has a superstar who really doesn't make his teammates better. Wade is the latest version of Allen Iverson. Must dominate the ball to be successful.

LeBron to New York in two years with a bunch of scrubs automatically makes them the favorite in the East. Hell, LeBron in Cleveland right now with a bunch of scrubs makes them the 2nd best team in the East, and in 2 years Boston will be too old to compete so who's left?