PDA

View Full Version : Ray Ray and Radmanovic To Spurs?

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Can you post the Chad Ford article from ESPN Insider on the trade talk betw Seattle and San Antonio involving Vlad Radmanovic and Ray Allen? I heard the tail end of this on Dan Patrick show just a few mins ago.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 03:48 PM
The article doesn't even mentioned the Spurs.

Sonics shopping Radmanovic

Sonics GM Rick Sund has been a busy man. In addition to intense, ongoing negotiations with Ray Allen on a contract extension, the Sonics also have been trying to gauge the trade value of forward Vladimir Radmanovic.

Radmanovic, the leading contender for the Sixth Man Award, has been a huge part of the Sonics' success this season. However, there's a strong likelihood he'll try to leave Seattle this summer. He's been asking for a trade for more than a year, prefers to start and feels the Sonics too often play him out of position at the four.

While the Sonics would prefer to keep him, they've been doing their due diligence and trying to see if there's a deal out there that makes sense. They've talked with the Clippers about Chris Wilcox, the Bulls about Tyson Chandler, the Nuggets about Nene, the Wizards about Kwame Brown and the Sixers about Samuel Dalembert.

The common denominator? The Sonics clearly are trying to address what is going to be their biggest problem this summer -- filling a pretty huge hole in the middle.

Jerome James and Vitaly Potapenko are unrestricted free agents, and the team isn't thrilled about bringing either back. If the Sonics could get a young, athletic big man in exchange for Radmanovic, they'd pull the trigger in a second.

So far, however, they haven't had much success in their shopping. Most teams see Radmanovic as a three, and the Clippers, Bulls and Nuggets really aren't in the market for one.

The Wizards could use a player like Radmanovic, but giving up Brown is a pretty steep price. To make the numbers work, the Sonics would have to throw in Nick Collison and Ronald Murray. Would that weaken the team too much, given the fact Brown still is not healthy enough to play?

The Sixers also could use Radmanovic. He's a Jim O'Brien type of player -- a long, 3-point shooter who isn't afraid to let it fly. Put Radmanovic and Kyle Korver on the floor together and it would be raining 3s in Philly. Would Philadelphia part with Dalembert? According to sources, the Sixers have been pretty firm with teams calling about his availability. However, the Sixers know Dalembert is going to get a huge offer from the Hawks in the summer and probably don't have the stomach to match.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I heard them say something about the Spurs as I walked back into my office. I went to ESPN in a panic and saw this article teaser, but could not read it because I am too cheap to join.... I was gnashing my teeth trying to find any info....thank God we are not trying to trade for Allen.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Kori, did you get my PM?

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Maybe the Spurs will get Van Exel too right Jim?

timvp
02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
The trade deadline is Christmas for jimcs50.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Kori, did you get my PM?

Yes, we'll just add a College Sports Forum later today.

blackbucket
02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
:lol

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 04:14 PM
The trade deadline is Christmas for jimcs50.

This was a legit thread. Go to ESPN.com and read the headline...it mentions the trade and not about the teams involved.

BTW, suck my big fat one Walton, you freaking stalker!

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes, we'll just add a College Sports Forum later today.

Thanks Kori....now you can talk about your Bruins too. :)

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Jim, the only big fat one you have is the dildo you've been hiding from your wife.....

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Jim, the only big fat one you have is the dildo you've been hiding from your wife.....

You mean the one you have up your ass as we speak?

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
BTW, thanks for stopping your PMs to me.....I was beginning to get freaked out.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Please keep the dildo talk in The Club.

Thanks.

:)

texbumTHElife
02-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Radmonovich is exaclty what Pop and RC have been shopping for. A long athletic 3 (though I think he plays minutes at the 4 in Seattle because of Reshard Lewis) who can step out and hit the outside shot. I think he would be a great fit here in SA depending on his slaray. He is a foreign player after all ;)

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I'll keep the dildo talk in The Club, but what about the fact that this total loser starts threads with ridiculously misleading titles in order to draw attention to himself? Last year at this time it was a bogus story about how we acquired Nick Van Exel and now he soils his panties because he 'thought' he heard someone say Spurs and Ray Allen in the same sentence....?????

Jack Haley has nothing on this clown.

This entire thread, like everything else started by Jim, is a total waste of bandwidth.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Now we have retards actually associating Radmanovic with the Spurs..........man you people are fucking stupid. What do you think we would have to give up to get these guys? Does anyone here have the most rudimentary understanding of a salary cap?

PM5K
02-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah I think we are talking about almost sixteen million combined, which means even if we shipped off Rose we would still need to ship off another eleven million worth of contracts to work it out which would either be half the team or one of the big three and then some...

Kori Ellis
02-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Off topic (but not really)... Ray Allen wants five years/$90M and the Sonics are offering five years/$68M. So he really might be dealt by the deadline.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Sonics better cherish the one year they have near the top, after this season its all gonna go downhill.

alamo50
02-23-2005, 05:01 PM
There is no way we are bringing Ray Ray in here as long as Bruce wears silver and black.

ALVAREZ6
02-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Why are there so many damn trade threads, when none of these trades are going to happen. I can't wait 'til after the deadline so this crap can go away...It seems like everyone in the NBA wants to be traded.

timvp
02-23-2005, 05:12 PM
There is no way we are bringing Ray Ray in here as long as Bruce wears silver and black.

Interestingly enough, Pop and Ray Allen appeared to be good friends during All-Star weekend.

PM5K
02-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Interestingly enough, Pop and Ray Allen appeared to be good friends during All-Star weekend.

This game is about winning, Ray and Bruce would be the best of friends, and why not they only dislike eachother as opponents...

Solid D
02-23-2005, 05:30 PM
What's the point of this thread?

Pointless thread forum.

:)

Solid D
02-23-2005, 05:37 PM
http://pbskids.org/lions/wolf/images/story/story4_top.jpg

The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Part Deux

Phenomanul
02-23-2005, 05:55 PM
:lol :lol :lmao :lmao :rollin
http://pbskids.org/lions/wolf/images/story/story4_top.jpg

The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Part Deux

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 05:57 PM
I'll keep the dildo talk in The Club, but what about the fact that this total loser starts threads with ridiculously misleading titles in order to draw attention to himself? Last year at this time it was a bogus story about how we acquired Nick Van Exel and now he soils his panties because he 'thought' he heard someone say Spurs and Ray Allen in the same sentence....?????

Jack Haley has nothing on this clown.

This entire thread, like everything else started by Jim, is a total waste of bandwidth.

THIS IS NOT MY TITLE OF THIS THREAD!!!!

The title was "timvp"

I asked him to post an article in Insider...I did not say anything about the Spurs trading with Sonics, I said I heard the Spurs name on Dan Patrick show right before they mentioned a trade od Ray and Radmanovic.

Read my first post!!!!

Fuck you Walton, you fucking faggot stalker.....I outted you in front of the whole forum and now you are pissed at me, well boo fucking who.

:flipoff

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
That goes to you too, Solid....

You can thank timvp for changing the title of this thread.

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
I can't imagine that Seattle would give up either Allen OR Radmanovich without getting back either Parker OR Ginobili. To get both, you'd likely have to give up both, I would think -- at least, if I was in charge in Seattle, that's what I'd be asking for.

While I certainly would be all for Ray Allen heading this way (and while I'm fairly certain that Ray Ray would forget his quarrels with Bruce Bowen for the opportunity to play alongside him) I can't see the Spurs dealing cornerstone players for a guy with an expiring contract and a big price tag in the coming off-season.

Solid D
02-23-2005, 06:09 PM
:lol just playin'

smeagol
02-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Fuck you Walton, you fucking faggot stalker.....I outted you in front of the whole forum and now you are pissed at me, well boo fucking who.

:flipoff
Jim, the guy is probably sucking THJ's penis as we speak. He is nothing but a looser.

td4mvp21
02-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Now we have retards actually associating Radmanovic with the Spurs..........man you people are fucking stupid. What do you think we would have to give up to get these guys? Does anyone here have the most rudimentary understanding of a salary cap?

Were stupid? We are not the ones who have a screen name based on the most retarded sports analyst in the world.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 06:23 PM

You outted me in front of the whole forum?

Wanna remind me when that happened?

Was that around the time the Spurs acquired Nick Van Exel? Or maybe when we entered talks about Ray Allen?

Jim, you have about as much credibility as the 'journalist' that broke the story about the bat-baby found on Mars yesterday.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Here ya go, Walton:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10727

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Smeagol, (God I can't believe I'm even responding to a guy that uses Coca-Cola as a means of contraception)

Once again you prove my point, maybe you are good for something after all. You bring nothing to this forum but simplistic, regurgitated, conventional pieties (I know these words surpass your grade 7 education).

I challenge you to start a thread about something insightful here.

td4mvp21
02-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I challenge you to the same thing. Something besides a bashing thread when the Spurs lose.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
I am this forum chump- ask the management.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 06:35 PM

Well, if you are this forum, I am going to start posting in the Lakers' forum.

timvp
02-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Negative.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Negative.

Sequ, timvp is calling you.

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 06:39 PM
You think anyone would care if you posted in the Lakers forum you sack of shit?

Please, by all means go to a Laker forum, you'll fit right in with the braintrust that believe they're acquiring Carlos Boozer for a pack of cigarettes.

bigzak25
02-23-2005, 06:40 PM

this? or the?

jalbre6
02-23-2005, 06:42 PM

When I first read this, I thought he was saying "I am this forum's chump" rather than "I am this forum, chump".

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 06:49 PM
The straw that stirs the drink.....

Two years ago, when Kori, timvp and I put this thing together, we actively headhunted some of the best posters we could find. For the most part, this place is great, easily one of the better forums online today. But certain inmates think they're running the asylum, and unfortunately they're not entertaining, original, funny or witty, they just create ficticious news, sit back, throw stones in the water and watch the ripples.

This Jim loser did this exact same thing last year at the trading deadline.

jalbre6
02-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Two years ago, when Kori, timvp and I put this thing together, we actively headhunted some of the best posters we could find.

Is this true? I for one would have never guessed that.

timvp
02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
That is about as true as a Jimcs50 trade rumor. So unless the Spurs have Erick Dampier and Nick Van Exel on their team and I don't know about it, it's safe to say that Walton has been drinking.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 07:57 PM
That is about as true as a Jimcs50 trade rumor. So unless the Spurs have Erick Dampier and Nick Van Exel on their team and I don't know about it, it's safe to say that Walton has been drinking.

Is it my fault that Pop backed out of the trade at the last second?

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 07:59 PM
You think anyone would care if you posted in the Lakers forum you sack of shit?

Please, by all means go to a Laker forum, you'll fit right in with the braintrust that believe they're acquiring Carlos Boozer for a pack of cigarettes.

I think there are a lot of people that would miss me in this forum.

In fact I am willing to bet you, that if we had a poll, I would be favored over you in the one that people would want to stay and the other scram.

You want to bet on this?

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 08:34 PM

Very hurtful timvp, very hurtful.

Here's me thinking we were tight.

No worries, Kori will fill everyone in on my ties to the birth of Fullsportpress.

PM5K
02-23-2005, 08:42 PM
The one thing that sucks about this forum is people that throw threads totally off topic, some of those guys include Walton (apparently) Ducks, Seqa, and LakerGod...

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Very hurtful timvp, very hurtful.

Here's me thinking we were tight.

No worries, Kori will fill everyone in on my ties to the birth of Fullsportpress.

Hey Asshole, I was in here in 1998, way before Kori...she came in here in 99.
In truth, Travis, Crazy, CC and I started this group way before you were even anywhere near this Spurs forum. Kori started this forum after the 2 or 3 previous ones folded.

johnny00
02-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Please keep the dildo talk in The Club.

Thanks.

:):lmao

adidas11
02-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Trade Ray Allen for Manu.

PM5K
02-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Trade Ray Allen for Manu.

Ray makes a lot more than Manu

smeagol
02-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Smeagol, (God I can't believe I'm even responding to a guy that uses Coca-Cola as a means of contraception)
And this is supposed to upset me?

All this statement about the Coca-Cola proves is that you are an ignorant imbecile. You probably know shit about Argentina.

[Once again you prove my point, maybe you are good for something after all. You bring nothing to this forum but simplistic, regurgitated, conventional pieties (I know these words surpass your grade 7 education).
At least I bring simplistic, regurgitated, conventional pieties. You, on the other hand, bring nothing. Nada. Zilch. Squat. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Now that I come to think about it, you did bring a take a couple of days ago. You said Barry has to go. Which proves you are an idiot.

smeagol
02-23-2005, 11:13 PM
The straw that stirs the drink.....

Two years ago, when Kori, timvp and I put this thing together, we actively headhunted some of the best posters we could find. For the most part, this place is great, easily one of the better forums online today. But certain inmates think they're running the asylum, and unfortunately they're not entertaining, original, funny or witty, they just create ficticious news, sit back, throw stones in the water and watch the ripples.

This Jim loser did this exact same thing last year at the trading deadline.
See this is why you are an idiot.

jalbre6
02-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Just in case someone doesn't understand the Coke-contraceptive thing...

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/sperm.asp

Happy to help! :)

TwoHandJam
02-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Jim, the guy is probably sucking THJ's penis as we speak. He is nothing but a looser.
Um, asshat, I suggest you consult a dictionary before you post if you want to at least give the forum the impression that you can spell at a primary school level.

BTW your avatar does you justice. The photographer got your good side.