PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry Admits to Shooting Slump

Indazone
11-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Barry Admits He's in a Shooting Slump
http://www.hoopsworld.com/images/spacer.gif

Posted: 11/24/2008 7:37:00 AM
Source: Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6128940.html)

With Brent Barry slumping badly, making just 27 percent of his shots, Rockets coach Rick Adelman tried something different Saturday. He played Barry for 25 minutes, the third most he has played in a game this season.

He played him, however, not to get Barry out of his shooting slump — Barry is 2-of-19 in the last six games – but for the other things he does.

“One thing about him is you expect him to make shots,” Adelman said. “He’s done that his whole career. I’m not worried about him missing shots. He makes the extra pass for us. He spaces the court for us. He understands what we’re trying to do. When he’s out there with Ron (Artest) and Yao (Ming) and Rafer (Alston), that’s a huge factor. He doesn’t have to score.

“I think he can be a big factor for us. I fully expect him to make shots. His history says he’s not going to continue to miss them.”

Barry would, however, like to start making the shots he made throughout a career as a 46 percent shooter.

“It’s been very frustrating for me,” Barry said. “I put a lot of pressure on myself to play well. I think there are some other things on the court that I am doing well: moving the ball and cutting and trying to communicate. Those things don’t show up necessarily statistically. But yeah, I’ve just (stunk).

“Some of that was my (sprained right) thumb has not been good. I’m not going to make excuses, because when I get on the floor, I’m there to play. I just have to find the rhythm and understand where the shots are going to come.

“I’ve been playing a long time. I’ve gone through situations I have not shot the ball well, situations teams haven’t played well. You can’t buy into that negative stuff. You have to think positively and dig yourself out. I’m certainly not having fun going through that. I have to rebuild my own confidence.

“In the meantime, we’re winning games, and that’s the most important thing.”

Thank you Spurs...the gift back to us for Scola! :toast

z0sa
11-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Amount of clutch shots Barry hit us against us so far: 0

Thanks for taking the constantly injured overrated fucker.

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Thanks for taking the constantly injured overrated fucker.

Thanks for giving us Scola for practically nothing. :lol (ahh, who the hell am I kidding, drop the "practically".....it was just nothing.) Of coarse if you ask Kill Bill he'll tell you we traded away the Greek from Mt Olympus

GuerillaBlack
11-26-2008, 02:16 AM
My Brick Barry thread was unfortunately closed at ClutchFans. All i said was 'That is All'. The title said it all.

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Barry's shooting will come around, his brother went through the same exact thing when we first got him too. Brent's a vet, he'll figure it out.

Indazone
11-26-2008, 02:47 AM
My Brick Barry thread was unfortunately closed at ClutchFans. All i said was 'That is All'. The title said it all.

OVERMODERATED

:jack

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 02:52 AM
OVERMODERATED

:jack

you mean...OVERHOMERFIED.

You'll get your ass reemed if you say anything bad about the home team

robbie380
11-26-2008, 03:03 AM

it's because it was a dumb excessive thread. you could have put your comment in game chat...you didn't need to post new thread for your 3 word analysis after a game where he was 2 for 4 from 3 pt land. the mods try to regulate on new threads that are only comments that should be posted in the game chat.

robbie380
11-26-2008, 03:04 AM
you mean...OVERHOMERFIED.

You'll get your ass reemed if you say anything bad about the home team

example?

Many PackYao
11-26-2008, 04:54 AM
I was beginning to think he was still working for the Spurs with the way he's been shooting for us.I know he has a bad thumb, but I also recall the game he sat out happened to be against the Spurs too.:bang

MI21
11-26-2008, 05:12 AM
Didn't think I be saying this, but from a Spurs fans point of view, I'm actually happy with Finley so far and Barry would not of been able to give the production and influence that Finley has so far during a tough time for the Spurs.

That said, I fully expect Barry to play a big role with the Rockets the further the season goes on. There are a few ballstoppers on that team, Barry's unselfishness should make a difference.

Indazone
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
2-of-19 is not a shooting slump. This is much worse.

Give a guy big rubber boots, mittens, tell him to close his eyes and jack something up and he'd shoot 2-19 too.

GuerillaBlack
11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
it's because it was a dumb excessive thread. you could have put your comment in game chat...you didn't need to post new thread for your 3 word analysis after a game where he was 2 for 4 from 3 pt land. the mods try to regulate on new threads that are only comments that should be posted in the game chat.

I had just saw him brick another three, so I made the thread. There was no analysis needed.

robbie380
11-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I had just saw him brick another three, so I made the thread. There was no analysis needed.

and you wonder why it got locked when there was already a thread around for that comment? :huh

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
example?

I mentioned in a game thread during the preseason how McGrady looked done and how we were going to have to deal with his damn knee pretty much the entire season. (Said all this during Tmac's very first preseason game) Right after that comment it was 3 damn pages of every freaking homer on that site blasting me. Now look.......I look like Nostra-fucking-damus right now.

That site has too many damn homers (especially Tmac homers) who don't want to here the truth and can't take criticism directed at their team.

Indazone
11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
The Rockets are a complete bricking team right now. Artest, Barry, T-Mac, Alston...they might just be the worst shooting percentage team in the NBA.

robbie380
11-26-2008, 06:37 PM
The Rockets are a complete bricking team right now. Artest, Barry, T-Mac, Alston...they might just be the worst shooting percentage team in the NBA.

right now we are 24th in the league with a stellar 43.3% FG%. it is the worst shooting percentage out of any of the playoff teams.