PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Spurs moments

timtonymanu
11-26-2008, 03:20 AM
what are your favorite Spurs moments? plays that you'll never forget as a Spurs fans. for me,

Memorial Day Miracle
Horry's dunk plus three pointer against the Pistons in 05 NBA Finals
Game 6 of the Conference Finals, 2003: Steve Kerr's 3's against the Mavericks
Game 7 of the 2005 NBA Finals
Duncan nearly getting a quadruple double in Game 6 of the 03 Finals
Tim Duncan's three against the Suns in 08 first round
Finley's 3 pointer plus Ginobili's game winning layup in Game 1 of the first round in 08.

baseline bum
11-26-2008, 04:17 AM
If I had to pick only one, it would be David Robinson jumping in the air in joy as he checked out of game 6 of the 03 Finals as an NBA champion in his last second on the floor.

xellos88330
11-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Memorial Day Miracle for me. It was the shot that shattered the psychological wall that was holding them back from reaching the NBA Finals. I was blessed enough to actually be at the dome and watch that shot go in. 11th row baseline. Had an awesome view.

ceds
11-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Finally beating the jazz!!

Jarron Jackson going off against the Lakers in 99

TP giving Gary Payton fits as a rookie in the playoffs.

Stephen Jackson making love to pressue against Dallas and Kerr's 3 point barrage

TD's 3 against the suns to force OT

TD's series vs the Lakers in 2003, NY in 99, Dallas in 06

TD punking KG in the playoffs every year

Manu's magical 2005 playoff run

Manu's 48 pts against the suns and his funk dunk on Amare after crossing JJ

In one of Manu's first games ever he cased a rebound and threw a full court bounce pass (while pop was screaming for him to stop) that hit Willis for a dunk. Knew we had somthing special after witnessing that

Bowen blocking Billups's game winning attempt in the finals

Bowen's game 2 against Kobe in 03 playoffs

Robert Horry's 4th quarter & OT v Det

Pop & Hack a shaq

mrspurs
11-26-2008, 05:35 AM
None of the above. My favorite was when AJ hit that 15ft. jump shot in NY to bascially seal the deal for our first ever NBA Championship. The rest of the above mean zero to me. For me the first one was the best. After that is what nothing more then second servings. And third etc.

J.T.
11-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Gotta say my favorite moment is when they won their first championship. To put things in perspective this was back when I was 13 years old and was still living at home with my parents. I had that Duncan and Robinson poster of them both wearing shades on my wall, my mom and stepdad had the flags on their cars and my mom had the annual "Go Spurs Go" flier that comes in the newspaper in the back window of her car. They bought me and my two stepbrothers the hats and shirts, and this was at the height of my stepdads alcoholism... I'd never seen that man more happy (well that is until he beat my mom, she left him, he found God, and she took him back 7 years later...but that's another story). But back then everybody cared and nobody took anything for granted. Fastforward to the present... my mother casually watched the '03 Finals (but I distinctly remember her going to bed before many of the other playoff series' games were decided), bought me a solo ticket to Game 7 of the '05 Finals but probably didn't watch a single regular season game that year unless I called her and said something like hey game's tied 48 seconds to go turn on the game, '07 Finals I think she watched the trophy presentation (without watching the game). I don't call her to watch Spurs games anymore because when I do, they usually lose.

Just saying, Moms used to love the Spurs and now she's on a lower level than people who post Fire Pop and Trade Manu threads.

Edit: And like pre-1999 she did watch games...the whole family did. We went to like 10 games a year every year since we moved to SA in 1992. But after 1999 it all stopped... we went to the ring ceremony game the next season and that's the last Spurs game I remember attending that I didn't personally buy a ticket for.

romain.star
11-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Nash bleeding nose

MI21
11-26-2008, 08:23 AM
If I had to pick only one, it would be David Robinson jumping in the air in joy as he checked out of game 6 of the 03 Finals as an NBA champion in his last second on the floor.

That moment made my eyes water a little. Incredible emotion. I thought I had a photo of that, but will have to make do with Dave jumping around in circles on the bench in Dallas during the 4th quarter of Game 6!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5889/6jcb2.jpg

Damn it, I miss D-Rob.

tonylongoriafan
11-26-2008, 08:54 AM
That moment made my eyes water a little. Incredible emotion. I thought I had a photo of that, but will have to make do with Dave jumping around in circles on the bench in Dallas during the 4th quarter of Game 6!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5889/6jcb2.jpg

Damn it, I miss D-Rob.

Steve Kerr bitches! I love watching that part on the dvds. I still get chills thinking of it now! Awesome...creme burle!

Capt Bringdown
11-26-2008, 09:14 AM
AJ's shot that won the first title. It was personal, my father passed away in '97, and he took me to a lot of Spurs games when I was growing up. It was our thing.
Unleashed a lot of emotions...typical guy behavior I suppose.

Taco
11-26-2008, 09:33 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1999/0705_large.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2003/0623_large.jpg