PDA

View Full Version : Manu's new article

yagozev
11-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Super brief:

Manu was so happy as if was his first game!!! He almost don´t feel any pain in his ankle. He meet Chapu Nocioni with Fabricio.

Enjoy!

Estaba tan contento como si fuese un debut
Por Manu Ginóbili
Para LA NACION

SAN ANTONIO.- No se imaginan la felicidad que tengo. Siento una enorme alegría y fue como volver a vivir; tengo una gran paz interior. Estaba tan contento anteanoche, en mi regreso a las canchas después de tres meses, que no me importaba tirar o que me sacaran para descansar; disfruté el sólo hecho de jugar. Tony Parker, que no viajó a Memphis, me llamó después del partido y me dijo que se notaba en la tele mi cara de alegría. Estaba feliz hasta de estar sentado en el banco. Todos mis compañeros me felicitaron en el vestuario antes del partido cuando se enteraron de que Popovich me había activado . También después. La verdad es que salió todo muy bien y además ganamos. Creo que estaba tan contento como si fuese mi debut en la Liga Nacional o algo parecido.

Y terminé bastante bien del tobillo operado. Ayer nos entrenamos y al principio tenía la articulación un poco dura, pero en la medida en que fui calentando se fue aflojando. Una vez que entro en calor ya ni me duele.

El 17 de este mes, cuando jugamos con los Clippers, viajé con el equipo para hacerme revisar en Los Angeles por el médico que me operó. Me dijo que probara jugar 5 contra 5 y si me sentía bien, me daba el alta. Esos juegos los observó Popovich y vio que estaba todo bien. Así que hablamos del tema y le pedí jugar. La verdad, ya estaba cansado de tanto gimnasio, cinta y pileta. Hice todo el trabajo de recuperación como estaba previsto hasta que cuando me sentí bien, fuerte, saludable, ya no aguanté más. Se lo dije a Pop y me entendió. Ja, le puse un poquito de presión. Me parece que es la primera vez que le gano, ja ja.

La idea era que no arrancara de entrada y que estuviera unos 14 minutos en la cancha, pero como después sacamos como 15 puntos, no hizo falta más. La verdad es que entré muy tranquilo, con una sensación de felicidad enorme. Estaba como un chico en una juguetería gigante. Disfruté todo, fíjense que ni siquiera me enojé con nadie. ¡No discutí, ni nada..!

Además, todo lo que intenté me salió, erré un solo tiro y perdí una bola, nada más. El primer triple lo tiré bien, sin forzarlo y después hice una penetración y la volqué. Me dijeron que caí con todo el peso sobre el pie izquierdo. La verdad, ni me di cuenta. Por ahí me molesta un poquito el tobillo cuando arranco y hago el primer paso, pero nada más. Eso de volcarla no fue nada arriesgado porque ya lo había practicado en los partidos de 3 contra 3 y 5 contra 5.

No sé cómo seguirá esto ahora, supongo que iré subiendo la cantidad de minutos, aunque por ahí, como jugamos partidos seguidos (Chicago hoy y después Memphis y Houston en días sucesivos), el coach me da menos minutos.

Lo bueno de todo esto es que los nuevos, Roger Manson y George Hill, respondieron bien mientras no jugamos Tony y yo, ganamos tres partidos seguidos y no perdimos tanto terreno. No estamos tan mal. Excepto los Lakers, que se cortaron en la punta del Oeste, los demás estamos todos ahí, muy cerca.

Bueno, ahora me preparo para divertirme un rato. Anoche, antes de enviar este material, teníamos planeado con Fabricio (Oberto) cenar con Chapu. Chicago estaba llegando a San Antonio. Tenemos muchas ganas de verlo, no lo hacemos desde los Juegos Olímpicos, en Pekín. Seguramente Chapu tendrá muchas de esas historias suyas tan divertidas y extrañas que nos hacen morir de risa. Vamos a buscar un restaurante en el centro y nos comeremos un buen asado, seguramente. Así que, como verán, mejor imposible.

timvp
11-26-2008, 05:52 AM
Tony Parker, que no viajó a Memphis, me llamó después del partido y me dijo que se notaba en la tele mi cara de alegría. If my espanol is correct, Manu said that TP called him after the game to tell him that he looked happy on TV.

Since when are they on talking terms?

:stirpot:

:rolleyes

:smchode:

kuato
11-26-2008, 06:17 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm asadooooooo !!! ---> The argie rocket fuel.
http://www.scoutsanpedro.cl/wp-content/uploads/asado.jpg

yagozev
11-26-2008, 06:17 AM
timvp: Your espanol is correct!

Manu said that everyone is happy with his return, but not as much as himself! :lol

Marhq
11-26-2008, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't mind having some asado right now at 9:30 AM :hungry:

Here's my translation:

You can't imagine how happy I am. I feel a huge joy and it was like being alive again, I have a great inner peace. I was so happy last night, in my return to the courts after three months, that I didn't care shooting or being pulled out to have some rest; I enjoyed the mere fact of playing. Tony Parker, who didn't travel to Memphis, called me after the game and told me that one could see the joy in my face through the TV. I was even happy about being sitting on the bench. All my teammates congratulated me in the locker room prior to the game when they heard that Pop had activated me. They did it afterwards as well. The truth is everything went very well and we also won. I think I was as happy as if it was my National League debut or something like that.

My repaired ankle ended up pretty well. Yesterday we had practice and at the beginning the joint was a bit stiff, but as I warmed up it got loose. Once I'm warmed up it doesn't even hurt.

On the 17th this month, when we played the Clippers, I traveled with the team to have me checked in Los Angeles by the doctor who made the procedure. He told me to try to play 5 on 5 and if I felt well he would discharge me. Popovich watched those games and he saw everything was ok. So we talked about it and I asked him to play. The truth is I was tired of so much gym, treadmill and pool. I did all the recovery work as planned and when I felt well, strong, healthy, I couldn't stand it any longer. I told Pop so and he understood. Ha, I put a little pressure on him. I think this is the first time I beat him, ha ha.

The idea was that I would not start and would play about 14 minutes, but as we took a 15 point lead it wasn't needed to play more. The truth is I entered relaxed, with a huge feeling of happiness. I was like a child in a giant toy store. I enjoyed everything, to the point that I didn't get mad at anybody. I didn't argue, nothing!

Furthermore, everything I tried worked, I missed just one shot and had one turnover. The first 3 I shot it well, without forcing it, and then I penetrated and dunked. They told me I landed with all my weight on my left foot. The truth is I didn't noticed. Perhaps it bothers me a little when I start and take the first step, but that's it. Dunking it wasn't risky at all as I had done that playing 3 on 3 and 5 on 5.

I don't know how will this continue, I guess I'll be increasing my minutes, although perhaps since we are playing many games in a row (Chicago today and then Memphis and Houston back to back) the coach will give me less minutes.

The good thing about this is that the new guys, Roger Mason and George Hill responded well while Tony and I stayed out, we won three games in a row and we didn't fall so much behind. Except the Lakers, who lead comfortably the west, the rest are all very close.

Now I'm getting ready to have some fun. Last night, before sending this column, we had planned with Fabricio (Oberto) to have dinner with Chapu. Chicago is coming to San Antonio. We are very eager to see him, since we don't do so since the Olympic Games, in Beijing. Surely Chapu will have lots of those funny and weird stories of his that always crack us up. We're going to look for a restaurant downtown and have a good asado, for sure. So as you can see, as good as it gets.
Saludos.

m33p0
11-26-2008, 06:41 AM
manu loves the game of basketball.

diego
11-26-2008, 06:46 AM
I was as happy as the first time
Por Manu Ginóbili
Para LA NACION

SAN ANTONIO.- You cant imagine how happy I am. I feel great happiness, like if I came back to life; I have great inner peace. I was so happy the night before last, in my return to the court after 3 months, that I didnt care about shooting or getting benched; I enjoyed the simple act of playing. Tony Parker, who didnt travel to Memphis, called me after the game and told me he could see my happy face on the TV. I was even happy to sit on the bench. All of my teammates congratulated me before the game when they found out Pop activated me. Afterwards too. The truth is everything worked out very well and on top of that we won. I think I was as happy as my first professional game or something similar.

And I finished pretty well on my operated ankle. Yesterday we practiced and at first the joint was a little hard, but as I started warming up it started loosening. Once I'm warm it doesnt hurt at all.

The 17th this month, when we played the Clippers, I travelled with the team to LA to visit the doctor that operated me. He told me to try 5 on 5 and if I felt well, he would clear me to play. Those games were observed by Popovich and he saw all was well. So we talked about it and I asked to play. The truth, I was tired of so much gym, treadmill and swimming pool. I did all the recovery program as indicated until I felt good, strong, healthy, then I couldnt take anymore. I told Pop and he understood me. Ha, I put a little pressure on him. I think its the first time I win him over, ha ha.

The plan was for me to come off the bench and play about 14 minutes, but since we got a 15 pt lead, there was no more need. I came in very calm, with a tremendous feeling of happiness. I was like a kid in a huge toy store. I enjoyed everything, note that I didnt even get mad at anyone. ¡No arguments, nothing..!

On top of that, everything I tried worked, I missed only one shot and lost one ball, no more. The first 3 I shot well, without forcing it and then I penetrated and dunked. I was told I fell with all my weight on my left foot. The truth, I didnt even notice. Sometimes my ankle bothers me a little when I push off and make my first step, but nothing more. Dunking wasnt risky I had already done that playing 3 on 3 and 5 on 5.

I dont know how this will continue, I suppose I'll gain more minutes, but maybe, since we play several games together (Chicago today and then Memphis and Houston back to back), coach will give me less minutes.

The good thing about all this is the new guys, Roger Manson and George Hill, they responded well playing without tony and me, we won three games in a row and didnt lose much ground. We're not in bad shape. besides the Lakers, who've taken hold of the west lead, the rest are all there, very close.

Well, now Im getting ready to have some fun. Last night, before sending this material, me and Fabricio (Oberto) have dinner planned with Chapu. Chicago was arriving in San Antonio. We're looking forward to see him, we hadn't met since the Beijing Olympics. Surely Chapu will have some outrageous stories of funny things that happen to him. We'll look for a restaurant downtown and have barbecue, probably. So, as you can see, this is as good as it gets.

another quick translation

diego
11-26-2008, 06:47 AM
not quick enough! good job

timvp
11-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the translations. Good to hear that Manu is feeling well on that ankle :tu

igruex
11-26-2008, 07:18 AM
And I finished pretty well on my operated ankle. Yesterday we practiced and at first the joint was a little hard, but as I started warming up it started loosening.
Sometimes my ankle bothers me a little when I push off and make my first step, but nothing more.

Is this normal? That's been bothering me a bit, Manu's never said, so far, something like "I'm feeling just as good (about the ankle) as I was before the injury"

By the way, IMHO that "pretty well" (on my operated ankle...) should've translated "quite well" which changes just a little bit the sentence.

I really hope it's just a matter of time. On the court he looks healthy, no doubt. Now I want him to feels healthy.

:hat

amy020
11-26-2008, 07:26 AM
really happy to see Manu come back healthy. just be patient and increase the play time generally. keep going Manu!

urunobili
11-26-2008, 08:12 AM
ha! now that i am getting later to the office you guys are beating me to the translation! Thanks a lot!

I may add one myself later since i am starting to collect them and this one is one of the juiciest ones from manu i have read in a long time...

Taco
11-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Super brief:

Manu was so happy as if was his first game!!! He almost don´t feel any pain in his ankle. He meet Chapu Nocioni with Fabricio.

Enjoy!

Estaba tan contento como si fuese un debut
Por Manu Ginóbili
Para LA NACION

SAN ANTONIO.- No se imaginan la felicidad que tengo. Siento una enorme alegría y fue como volver a vivir; tengo una gran paz interior. Estaba tan contento anteanoche, en mi regreso a las canchas después de tres meses, que no me importaba tirar o que me sacaran para descansar; disfruté el sólo hecho de jugar. Tony Parker, que no viajó a Memphis, me llamó después del partido y me dijo que se notaba en la tele mi cara de alegría. Estaba feliz hasta de estar sentado en el banco. Todos mis compañeros me felicitaron en el vestuario antes del partido cuando se enteraron de que Popovich me había activado . También después. La verdad es que salió todo muy bien y además ganamos. Creo que estaba tan contento como si fuese mi debut en la Liga Nacional o algo parecido.

Y terminé bastante bien del tobillo operado. Ayer nos entrenamos y al principio tenía la articulación un poco dura, pero en la medida en que fui calentando se fue aflojando. Una vez que entro en calor ya ni me duele.

El 17 de este mes, cuando jugamos con los Clippers, viajé con el equipo para hacerme revisar en Los Angeles por el médico que me operó. Me dijo que probara jugar 5 contra 5 y si me sentía bien, me daba el alta. Esos juegos los observó Popovich y vio que estaba todo bien. Así que hablamos del tema y le pedí jugar. La verdad, ya estaba cansado de tanto gimnasio, cinta y pileta. Hice todo el trabajo de recuperación como estaba previsto hasta que cuando me sentí bien, fuerte, saludable, ya no aguanté más. Se lo dije a Pop y me entendió. Ja, le puse un poquito de presión. Me parece que es la primera vez que le gano, ja ja.

La idea era que no arrancara de entrada y que estuviera unos 14 minutos en la cancha, pero como después sacamos como 15 puntos, no hizo falta más. La verdad es que entré muy tranquilo, con una sensación de felicidad enorme. Estaba como un chico en una juguetería gigante. Disfruté todo, fíjense que ni siquiera me enojé con nadie. ¡No discutí, ni nada..!

Además, todo lo que intenté me salió, erré un solo tiro y perdí una bola, nada más. El primer triple lo tiré bien, sin forzarlo y después hice una penetración y la volqué. Me dijeron que caí con todo el peso sobre el pie izquierdo. La verdad, ni me di cuenta. Por ahí me molesta un poquito el tobillo cuando arranco y hago el primer paso, pero nada más. Eso de volcarla no fue nada arriesgado porque ya lo había practicado en los partidos de 3 contra 3 y 5 contra 5.

No sé cómo seguirá esto ahora, supongo que iré subiendo la cantidad de minutos, aunque por ahí, como jugamos partidos seguidos (Chicago hoy y después Memphis y Houston en días sucesivos), el coach me da menos minutos.

Lo bueno de todo esto es que los nuevos, Roger Manson y George Hill, respondieron bien mientras no jugamos Tony y yo, ganamos tres partidos seguidos y no perdimos tanto terreno. No estamos tan mal. Excepto los Lakers, que se cortaron en la punta del Oeste, los demás estamos todos ahí, muy cerca.

Bueno, ahora me preparo para divertirme un rato. Anoche, antes de enviar este material, teníamos planeado con Fabricio (Oberto) cenar con Chapu. Chicago estaba llegando a San Antonio. Tenemos muchas ganas de verlo, no lo hacemos desde los Juegos Olímpicos, en Pekín. Seguramente Chapu tendrá muchas de esas historias suyas tan divertidas y extrañas que nos hacen morir de risa. Vamos a buscar un restaurante en el centro y nos comeremos un buen asado, seguramente. Así que, como verán, mejor imposible.

Thanks for the Post

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm asadooooooo !!! ---> The argie rocket fuel.
http://www.scoutsanpedro.cl/wp-content/uploads/asado.jpg

what's on the grill, I see chicken what else?

I wouldn't mind having some asado right now at 9:30 AM :hungry:

Here's my translation:

Saludos.

Thanks

another quick translation

Thanks

MoSpur
11-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Its good to hear he feels pretty good. I think if Manu were a little worried about hurting it again, he would tell Pop and be honest about it so that he can be ready for the playoffs.

urunobili
11-26-2008, 10:35 AM
I was as happy as if it was a debut.

By Manu

Translation - urunobili

You can’t imagine how happy I am. I feel a tremendous happiness now and it was like coming back to life; I have a great inner peace now. I was so happy in my return to the basketball courts after three months; that I didn’t mind to shoot or to be benched for a breather; I just enjoyed the fact that I was playing. Tony Parker, that didn’t travel to Memphis with us, called me after the match and told me that my happy face was noticeable on TV. I was happy even from being on the bench. All my colleagues congratulated me in the locker room before the game when they noticed that Popovich had activated me for the match. They also did after the game finished. Truth is that everything went very well and as a plus we won. I think I was as happy as if it was my debut on the Argentinean National League or something like that.

I also finished pretty well from the operated ankle. Yesterday we trained and at the beginning I had the articulation a little solid, but once I started to warm up it got more loose. Once I am warm it doesn’t hurt.

The 17th of the current month, when we played against the Clippers I traveled with the team to check in Los Angeles with the doctor that practiced the surgery. He told me to try 5 on 5 and that if I felt good he would clear me to play. Those games were observed by Popovich and he saw everything was fine. So we talked about it and I asked him to play. Truth is I was already tired of so much Gym, Treadmill and Pool. I did all the rehab as previewed until I was feeling great, strong, healthy, I couldn’t resist anymore. I told Pop about it and he understood. Lol, I put some pressure on him. I think it’s the first time that I win, lol.

The idea was not to start the game and play about 14 minutes on the court, but after we were able to be up 15 points, it wasn’t necessary to play as much. I truly got in very calm, with a tremendous happiness sensation in me. I was like a little kid in a big Toys store. I enjoyed everything; I even didn’t get mad with no one; I didn’t argue with anyone or anything like it!

Even more, all that I tried I was able to do, I missed only one shot and I had one turnover, nothing more. The first triple I was able to shoot it right, without forcing it and then I went to the rim and dunked. They told me that I fell with all my weight on the left ankle. I really didn’t notice. Maybe the ankle bothers a little when I start and do the first step, but nothing more. The dunk play wasn’t risky because I had practiced that on the 3 on 3 and the 5 on 5 matches already.

I don’t know how this is going to develop now; I guess that I will start adding playing time, but maybe because we have some matches played with little rest in between them (Chicago tonight, then Memphis on Friday and then back to back against Houston), the coach will give me less minutes.

The good thing about this is that the new additions, Roger Mason and George Hill, responded well without Tony and me, we won three in a row and we haven’t lost too much ground on the standings. We aren’t doing that bad. Except the Lakers that are by far leading the West, the others, us included, are right there, very close.

Well now I am getting ready to have fun for a while. Last night before sending this material, we had planned to go out dinner with Fabricio (Oberto) and Chapu (Nocioni). Chicago was arriving to San Antonio. We are really anxious to catch up with Chapu; we haven’t seen him since the Olympics in Beijing. For sure Chapu will have lots of his funny and weird stories that make us crack up. We are going to pick a restaurant downtown and eat a good barbecue. So as you see, it doesn’t get any better than this.

Spurs Brazil
11-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Great to know Manu is felling well.

It'd be good if he plays around 26-28 minutes a game this season to save him for the playoffs

mytespurs
11-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the translation. I'm glad Manu is feeling good. I hope Pop brings him back slowly. I can imagine Manu wearing down Pop begging to play some....:lol

Who's Chapu Nocioni?

yagozev
11-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the translation. I'm glad Manu is feeling good. I hope Pop brings him back slowly. I can imagine Manu wearing down Pop begging to play some....:lol

Who's Chapu Nocioni?

Chapu is another argentian player, big Manu and Oberto's friend, and mates in the national team.

His in his 4th year with the Bulls: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3882.

And he's a "loco lindo"!!! :toast

yagozev
11-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Today I listen a Bahía Blanca radio interview with Manu, and he talk about his return.

Also tell funny things about his operation, and told than he must "pis" in a bottle in the plane returning SA, because he barely can walk and he must "evacuate" all the liquid the doctor's injected him during the operation.

Anyone has hear something like this?

P.D: my english is poor! I'm sorry! :(