PDA

View Full Version : Misery Index by Congress

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 07:45 AM
The facts speak for themselves:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/miseryindexbyhouse.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
11-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for your contribution. Oh I almost forgot, enjoy the Democrat dominance of all three branches. How does that measure on your misery index?

Winehole23
11-26-2008, 08:45 AM
What do they say, Wild Cobra? The table doesn't make the argument for you.

Wild Cobra
11-26-2008, 09:24 AM
What do they say, Wild Cobra? The table doesn't make the argument for you.

I didn't even say what argument I was making specifically. I just wonder if people see the same trend that I do. I will explain what I read into it later.

johnsmith
11-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for your contribution. Oh I almost forgot, enjoy the Democrat dominance of all three branches. How does that measure on your misery index?

It's going to be as bad as it was when the republs had all three as well.

That's my JohnSmith "Lock of the Year".

DarkReign
11-26-2008, 10:17 AM
One party controlling every aspect of government is never a good thing.

Wild Cobra
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Don't you people see it? Or do you, and since most here are liberal, refuse to say what they see? The general trend is that the misery index goes up when both houses of congress are under democrat control. The trend is that the misry index goes down when one or both houses of congress are republican controlled.

This is why, in the slightly positive economy we had under president Bush and the republicans, I have maintained that it doesn't matter who is president in 2009. Both houses of congress hve been controlled by democrats.

101A
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Of the 10 Congresses of which the Republicans controlled one or both houses; the misery index went down in 5 of them.

Of the 21 Congresses of which the Dems controlled BOTH houses; the misery index went down in 9 of the; slightly more statistically; but ONLY slightly.

What is shocking is actually SEEING the dominance the Dems have enjoyed since, well, forever. Amazing they get away with making ALL the problems of the country Bush's fault. No wonder they win elections; they are good at shifting focus. Unless you prescribe to the theory that ALL cycles run in 2, 4 or 8 year intervals, their policies are a significant part of where we are right now.

Wild Cobra
12-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Of the 10 Congresses of which the Republicans controlled one or both houses; the misery index went down in 5 of them.

Of the 21 Congresses of which the Dems controlled BOTH houses; the misery index went down in 9 of the; slightly more statistically; but ONLY slightly.

Rather than looking at the individial 2 year averages, look at the trends of when they have consecutive power. A +3, -2, +4, -2, -1, +3 may be a 50/50 trend individually, but after the six time frames, it's not 0. My simple example is at +5!

Wild Cobra
08-04-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.wnd.com/images/miseryindex.jpg

DarrinS
08-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Unemployment at 9.7% in June, so maybe that table needs to be updated.

Wild Cobra
08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Unemployment at 9.7% in June, so maybe that table needs to be updated.
I agree, but also, the biggest problem with the misery index is when we have deflation, it helps the number.