PDA

View Full Version : 10 Highest Turn-over Jobs

Faccia di Angelo
02-23-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Highest Turnover Jobs (http://aolpf5.marketwatch.com/news/Story.asp?guid=%7BE418668E%2DC962%2D4632%2DB278%2D B3EAAFD7F67B%7D&siteid=aolpf&dist=aolclick)

I fall under number 5. I made $7 with absolutely no benefits just recently and that was with being certified, so I know what thats like. I totally love what I do but I also get sick especially working with kids and I would love medical, dental insurance as well as a retirement plan. It saddens me because I know how important consistency is in my field and I have seen so many teachers come and go and the kids are the ones who suffer. Being in this field you obviously know you're not in it for the money but a little more than 20,000 a year with benefits would definitely help. So now I'm also thinking about going in a different direction. I still want to do something with kids and helping them but it would probably be out of the classroom :(

bigzak25
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
two of my best friends work for PCI (parent child incorporated) and they get laid off every summer, unless they get lucky and get one of the few summertime jobs, which usually goto the veterans.....and i don't know if they get benefits, but i seriously doubt it.....

my first job was McD's of course....turnover rate there is a no brainer....and my mom's is a nurse...i know they are having a high turnover rate there as well...but i think it's due to bad management....

i have an office job in manufacturing....it pays the bills, but i'm getting shafted. it's been cush til recently....i'm getting fed up, but i don't want to quit....the master plan is to smoke a doobie in the VP's office and have them fire my ass....we'll see what happens....

Spurminator
02-23-2005, 06:13 PM
I used to be a concessionist at a movie theater.

It's hard to take customers seriously when the reason for their bitchiness is that they're late for their movie because they've been standing in line waiting to pay $30 for a hot dog, two drinks and popcorn.

MannyIsGod
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
I worked Telemarketing as my first job. That shit burns you out. Constant bitching over the phone is horrible.

I worked Sales a lot. It's a great way to make money, and if you can sell one thing you can definetly sell another as long as you have a decent product to work with. But it has to be the most empty way to make money. There are good benefits too, but it just bored the fuck out of me after awhile and I felt it was pointless other than getting a corporation and myself some more cash.

SpursWoman
02-23-2005, 06:52 PM
I worked Telemarketing as my first job. That shit burns you out. Constant bitching over the phone is horrible.

I worked telemarketing (inbound) for about 3 months in college. Since I worked weekend/graveyard to not interfere with my classes, I got all of the freaks too cheap to call the 900 numbers so they called the 800's instead.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone either asked what color panties I was wearing or was actually jacking off on the phone or other obscene something-or-other....I'd have made a LOT more than what I was making per hour.

I ended up having to quit not because it didn't pay enough, but because I couldn't say anything back to those perverted fuckers. :cuss :lol :eyebrows

scott
02-23-2005, 07:11 PM
11. USAA employee

MannyIsGod
02-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Thats becaue USAA employees all those damn UTSA business school grads who are idiots. Heh.

exstatic
02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
11. USAA employee

Doesn't turnover imply that they re-fill the position?

CrazyOne
02-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I was in a number 7 for 6 years... I finally couldn't take the fuss over cutting 20 seconds off my average call time... of course, that was my part-time job. Pay was good, though, I was making almost $13 an hour, plus benefits. But they bumped up my hours to more than I wanted, and there was no flexibility with the hours, which really cut into the church work way too much.

Fortunately, I've got lots of friends in high places, so I went over to my friend's home health agency. Hours are flexible, I get to play at being the IT manager, get to do a variety of jobs (and no fussing about call times!) and I don't have to time my breaks down to the second to make sure I don't get dinged.

I'm feeling much better now.

TastesLikeChicken
02-23-2005, 11:22 PM
1. Point Guard

Narrowly edging out 2. QB for the Cowboys

Experiment2100
02-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Doesn't turnover imply that they re-fill the position?

Indians are getting those positions.

Also I worked at the movies as well. People bitching about the prices got really annoying.

pooh
02-24-2005, 12:36 AM
I use to work in the teleservice market for about four years. It really burned you out, being on the phone for that long period and having to adhear to a script became boring very quickly. On the flipside, I always wrote down my phone numbers and credit card numbers I received from customers...so that came in handy. :)