PDA

View Full Version : Pop the COY?

z0sa
11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I've been pondering on this for a while. It seems he's changed his coaching style to better fit in these new/young players, as well as called some great end-game plays (we've come out the winner in nailbiters time and time again this early season).

While the season is still young, does anyone think he's got a chance at it?

Darkwaters
11-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Considering we're only one game over .500 I think thats a bit premature.

But I'd say that as long as the big 3 are all in SA Pop probably has a chance at that award every year.

z0sa
11-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Considering we're only one game over .500 I think thats a bit premature.

But I'd say that as long as the big 3 are all in SA Pop probably has a chance at that award every year.

Eh, the fact we're over .500 is why I posted it. Could another coach have integrated the new players so quickly and seamlessly? The fact he doesn't have 2 of the big 3 for most of it is another reason.

This team's 7-6 record is more a reflection on Pop's coaching ability than anything, if you ask me.

Anti.Hero
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
LOL. Spurs beat a couple scrub teams and now they have:

COY
MVP
MIP
6th man
etc

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
The odds of him winning are really low.
Brown, McMillan, Adelman, and Porter are in front of him, IMO.

z0sa
11-26-2008, 03:10 PM
LOL. Spurs beat a couple scrub teams and now they have:

COY
MVP
MIP
6th man
etc

All threads are not created equal. COY and MIP are the only two we really have a chance at.

Anti.Hero
11-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Spurs don't win shit.

We will be lucky to see Mason in the 3 pt contest.

Darkwaters
11-26-2008, 03:15 PM
All threads are not created equal. COY and MIP are the only two we really have a chance at.

I think Manu could repeat as 6th Man. But Mason for MIP is probably our best bet.

misterx91578
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Spurs don't win shit.

We will be lucky to see Mason in the 3 pt contest.

So David Robinson and Tim Duncan didn't win mvps and they don't have 4 titles

Fabbs
11-26-2008, 04:11 PM
If Pop does not get ass-owned by Phil again in the playoffs, I'll be happy.

COY is a joke at this point.
Pops telling GHill to be aggressive and drive the ball to the rack is a monumental breakthru for him tho. Props on that front.:toast

mrspurs
11-26-2008, 05:58 PM
This is the system Pop put in years ago. Only this is the first time we've had to see rooks and first time players get plugged into it. (on the fly). And as everyone can see its a pretty good system. Reminds me of the Patriots, everyone thought without Brady they would fall apart. Not true, they just plugged in a decent player and they're still winning. You cant ask that from teams like the Mavs or the Rockets. They change systems every 2 or 3 years. Thats why all that talent goes to waste. We used tobe like that when Red owned the team and let Bob Bass run operations. Ask Drob how many coaches and systems he learned before Pop came in. Thou sometimes Pop makes some crazy moves, one thing is for sure. His system works.

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
tim duncan should be COY.....

timtonymanu
11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
lately, it seems the award goes to the coaches with the most improved team.

so it'll probably be McMillan, Brown, Woodson or even George Karl.

or it could go to Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers, simply because their teams have the best record.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2008, 02:29 AM
When D'antoni was head coach of the Knicks it was him as the fav....but now that he's head coach of the expiring contracts the NBA is going to punish the Knicks for exposing how much of a joke the "salary cap" is. I think Pop is most deserving who else could survive the stretch he did w/o Manu or Parker.