PDA

View Full Version : Could Clippers Trade Camby At Deadline?

Spurs Brazil
11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
With the Clippers off to a 2-12 start, center Marcus Camby could become a valuable trade asset around February's trading deadline.

Camby's name even surfaced last week when the Clippers agreed to a four-player deal with the Knicks.

"After the trade went down, I talked with (coach) Mike (Dunleavy), and he said they want me here," Camby said Tuesday. "I still understand the nature of the business. I know, around trade deadline time, probably a lot of contenders will try to look to add me to their team."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55689/20081126/could_clippers_trade_camby_at_deadline/

xtremesteven33
11-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Camby would be a perfect addition to our team.....if only :(

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Make it happen Morey......he'd be the perfect backup to Yao and could even play on the court the same time as Yao against certain teams (Lakers, Jazz, and Phoenix) He would solve all the mismatch problem we have against teams who have bigs with shooting range that Yao can't cover.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Make it happen Morey......he'd be the perfect backup to Yao and could even play on the court the same time as Yao against certain teams (Lakers, Jazz, and Phoenix) He would solve all the mismatch problem we have against teams who have bigs with shooting range that Yao can't cover.

That's alot of money for a backup. :lol

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 04:54 PM
That's alot of money for a backup. :lol

We're in win now mode.....who cares. Plus at Camby's age (he's turning 35 this season) He's entering "backup center" territory. Plus on this team the backup center ends up starting for long stretches anyways.

I don't know if we have the pieces to pull it off though......Battier would have to be in the deal and I don't know if both teams would go for that.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2008, 05:01 PM
We're in win now mode.....who cares. Plus at Camby's age (he's turning 35 this season) He's entering "backup center" territory. Plus on this team the backup center ends up starting for long stretches anyways.

I don't know if we have the pieces to pull it off though......Battier would have to be in the deal and I don't know if both teams would go for that.

Who are you giving up then? It isn't going to be just Shane. What do the Clips need? They need a two, right? I don't know man, this deal would have to great. Do tell though, do tell (your thoughts).

Tmac&Luther
11-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Who are you giving up then? It isn't going to be just Shane. What do the Clips need? They need a two, right? I don't know man, this deal would have to great. Do tell though, do tell (your thoughts).

Shane + fillers (Luther Head) is the only player we have to make the contracts work that is expendible (due to Ron Artest)......that's why I said earlier that I don't know if we have the pieces. We'd have to throw in alot of cash and some picks to make them interested I guess.

I guess if Morey was really desperate he could offer Shane + one of our promising PFs (Scola or Landry), but that would just be way too much.

DPG21920
11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Camby to the Spurs, so the Clippers can say FU to the Lakers for invading their gym.

spursnatic
11-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Let's get something done!!!...Hell we could use the rebounding and the blocks, yes he may be damn near 35. But I guarantee you he will still be able to get boards and blocks another 20 years!!!Get it done SPURS!!!!Camby + Spurs=:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

DPG21920
11-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Camby on the Spurs would be sick. Camby is a help defender/shot blocker. In the Spurs system with guys funneling, Camby would have a career year.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
He really doesn't make too much either, I think fifteen over two. Kurt and Fin could equate roughly to that, but they could find a better deal LOL. I'd love it though, absolutely.

dallaskd
11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Although Damp and Diop are working well together I wouldn't mind it if we could deal Stack and Dick Breath for him.

Jeremy
11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Diaw for Camby!