If Dana really cared about our troops he would have signed fedor

dbreiden83080
11-27-2008, 11:15 AM
what time is it?

Wed Dec 10th at 9pm et

djohn14
11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Main Card

Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida[4]-I dont know, this should be close
Welterweight bout: Jonathan Goulet vs. Mike Swick[5]I think Swick will do great
Middleweight bout: Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hassan-Razak Al-Hassan will get booed bad..its for the troops...Al-Hassan...get it
Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller-Im looking forward to this more than the previously arranged fight of Wiman and Edgar.

Preliminary Card

Welterweight bout: Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
Welterweight bout: Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
Lightweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff
Lightweight bout: Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt
Heavyweight bout: Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully-I hope they both get fired...You fire Fitch, but not the two worst fighters ever...

dallaskd
12-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Welterweight bout: Jonathan Goulet vs. Mike Swick
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hassan
Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller

Preliminary Card

Welterweight bout: Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
Welterweight bout: Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
Lightweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff
Lightweight bout: Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt
Heavyweight bout: Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully

dallaskd
12-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Jim Miller in. Frank Edgar is out.

dbreiden83080
12-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

2 last minute changes for me..

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 08:12 AM

dbreiden83080
12-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Wow, your not much of a Koscheck fan i see..

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Wow, your not much of a Koscheck fan i see..

Not at all how could you tell lol.

dbreiden83080
12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I think he's talented but he's not utilizing it up to his potential at this point..

ATRAIN
12-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I think he's talented but he's not utilizing it up to his potential at this point..

Yeah im not sold on his "talents" I dont know what it is. If I was a MMA fighter I would want to fight him just for the way he looks.

djohn14
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Thaigo Alves is the man!

angelbelow
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
not that great of a card but its for a good cause so whose complaining =)

Anti.Hero
12-08-2008, 07:22 PM
If Dana really cared about our troops he would have signed fedor

LOL

dbreiden83080
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
not that great of a card but its for a good cause so whose complaining =)

Free-MMA it's all good..

oligarchy
12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Main Card

Jonathan Goulet vs. Mike Swick
Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran
Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hassan-Razak
Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller

Prelims

Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff
Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt
Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully

djohn14
12-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I miss Evan!

dbreiden83080
12-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I miss Evan!

Are he and Leonard the same person? They vanished at the same time..

djohn14
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Are he and Leonard the same person? They vanished at the same time..True...very true. We'll go with that haha. I hope nothing bad happened to them.

cornbread
12-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Koscheck
Swick
Credeur
Cantwell
Miller

desflood
12-10-2008, 07:42 AM

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 03:14 PM
So we're missing Poland, Evan and Leonard on the picks..

polandprzem
12-10-2008, 04:33 PM
So we're missing Poland, Evan and Leonard on the picks..

:wow

Somebody remembers I'm alive !

I wonder how will Josh look like. Alves destroyed his leg viciously.

dbreiden83080
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
:wow

Somebody remembers I'm alive !

I wonder how will Josh look like. Alves destroyed his leg viciously.

LOL, well i want to get as many as we can on the picks so the numbers work out, looks like we won't hear from Evan or Leonard. Someone tell the feds to let them out of Witness Protection. :p:

tlongII
12-10-2008, 11:36 PM
What KO by Koscheck! WOW!

polandprzem
12-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Koscheck killed Yoshida

wow

Mr Dio
12-11-2008, 02:57 AM
I feel horrible for CHill & his right leg.
Of course it'll most likely will take months to heal completely but, damn, the way it broke.
I got freaking goose bumps & chills. I don't know if my girlfriend or I were gonna throw up 1st.

ATRAIN
12-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Man I got caught up doing things after work I forgot to set this to record!! Was it a good free card? What were the results?

tlongII
12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Man I got caught up doing things after work I forgot to set this to record!! Was it a good free card? What were the results?

I tuned in late and only saw Swick win by strikes and Koscheck win by a vicious KO. I didn't see much, but what I saw was very entertaining!

desflood
12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I didn't catch quite everything, but from what I saw there were at least two broken bones (possibly three), two good knockouts (I really dislike Kos, but that was an excellent KO) and a decent choke during the match with the worst possible reffing. So if you like violence and gore (which we all obviously do), it was a great night.

Edit - I forgot about Mr. Saunders Muy Thai clinic. He was also excellent last night.

dbreiden83080
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Damn, Kos might have won some fans over with that vicious KO. He deserves a lot of credit for not dropping out of this fight after the Alves fight, where he got beat up..

sa_butta
12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
This was a very good night of free fights. I saw a sick armbar, a klingon and double KO. WOW, I have to say I was impressed. Cant wait for the 27th.

BlackSwordsMan
12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7762-CoryHill.jpg

ATRAIN
12-11-2008, 01:22 PM
^^ was that last night?

desflood
12-11-2008, 02:06 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80449834/

You can hear Joe Rogan screaming, "Stop the fight! Stop the fight!" at the ref.

desflood
12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Lots of serious injuries last night.

Starting with the word on Corey Hill:

Once the fight was stopped, officials rushed into the ring to attend to Hill. The show was delayed for approximately 20-25 minutes while medical personnel placed Hill's leg in an immobilizer, administered a pain-killing injection on the spot, and placed him on a stretcher.

Afterward, CBSSports.com overheard a medical official with the North Carolina Boxing Commission indicate that Hill had suffered a broken tibia and that he was scheduled to undergo emergency surgery. It is believed that Hill's recovery could take between 12-18 months.

Razak Al-Hassan:

While Al-Hassan was walking past media row on his way to the backstage area, a large mass could be seen near his elbow on his right arm. The mass appeared to be the size of a softball. An immediate diagnosis was not available, but it's possible that Al-Hassan had suffered a broken arm and that the mass was possibly tendon that had dislodged from bone and rolled up into his arm.

Jonathan Goulet:

It was also a very rough night for Goulet, who was TKO'd during the night's co-main event against Mike Swick just 33 seconds into the fight. According to the French Canadian's agent, Ken Pavia, a visibly shaken Goulet was taken to the hospital immediately after the contest in order to undergo a brain scan.

Additionally, Pavia indicated that Goulet possibly suffered an MCL tear during the fight and that doctors will not be able to formally diagnose the injury until swelling in the damaged region begins to subside next week.

And Yoshiyuki Yoshida:

Yoshiyuki Yoshida -- knocked out by Josh Koscheck during the night's main event -- also required medical attention. Yoshida could be seen laying on the canvas motionless after falling to the mat face first following a big right hand delivered by Koscheck. An update on Yoshida's condition was not immediately available.

The UFC did have an update on their site that Yoshida had been released from the hospital after being diagnosed as having a concussion. Good to hear that it was nothing more serious than that.

Anti.Hero
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow.

dbreiden83080
12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Horrible injuries like that are not good to be seen in a MMA broadcast. It hurts the sport and Steve Cantwell gloating after he broke that guy's arm was a disgrace. He was thrilled that he did that, saying "He had waited so long for it".. Was an AssHole..

sa_butta
12-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Hwp_JwwGPhc

dbreiden83080
12-11-2008, 02:45 PM
^^ what do you even say to that, i mean i've never seen anything that bad EVER..

sa_butta
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Y3ZXqeUO3kU

same thing.

dbreiden83080
12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Okay stop it already..

BlackSwordsMan
12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Okay stop it already..

:lmao

BlackSwordsMan
12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
it's corey's fault for being so damn skinny and having frail bones

dallaskd
12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Man poor Corey... that sucks. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

anyways..Kos and Swick looked great. Miller is going to be a force...

Rip-Hamilton32
12-11-2008, 07:54 PM
wow, hope corey recovers quickly

djohn14
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Man poor Corey... that sucks. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

anyways..Kos and Swick looked great. Miller is going to be a force...

Both of them.

tlongII
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm surprised we don't see more broken legs with kicks to the shins. Especially with the skinny guys.

dallaskd
12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
What was the deal with Nate Loughran? Did he pull a boxing move and just not continue or was he injured?

dallaskd
12-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Koscheck killed Yoshida

wow

poor leonard :lol

desflood
12-12-2008, 10:38 AM
What was the deal with Nate Loughran? Did he pull a boxing move and just not continue or was he injured?
Joe Rogan mentioned the possibility of a broken rib, so it was probably injury-related.

tlongII
12-12-2008, 10:52 AM
That had to be one of the most brutal cards ever shown! :lol

Injuries galore.

desflood
12-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Injury updates:

Corey Hill is suspended indefinitely for the visible left leg fracture he suffered after opponent Dale Hartt checked his leg kick in the opening exchange of the second round. Following a referee stoppage, he was taken to a nearby hospital after the leg was placed in an aircast.

Hill underwent surgery for a broken leg Thursday morning at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville, N.C., according to a report from the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Expected to be out of action anywhere from a year to 18 months, Hill is currently resting in the hospital with his family. The former Ultimate Fighter standout is handling the injury well and is reportedly in good spirits.

UFC newcomer Razak Al-Hussan is also suspended indefinitely for his joint-popping armbar loss to former WEC light heavyweight champion Steve Cantwell. Ringside doctor Sara Neal will require Al-Hussan to see an orthopedic doctor before being cleared to fight again.

Al-Hassan was treated and released from the hospital Wednesday night after suffering a dislocated right elbow.

Newcomer Brandon Wolff is suspended for 45 days for a contusion/hematoma on his forehead following his TKO loss to Ben Saunders.

Nate Loughran is suspended for 30 days due to lacerations suffered in his loss to Tim Credeur.

Co-main event fighter Jonathan Goulet is suspended for 60 days following his knockout loss to Mike Swick. Goulet must have his left elbow x-rayed and cleared by an orthopedist before being cleared to fight.

Main event fighter Yoshiyuki Yoshida is suspended for 90 days following his knockout loss to Josh Koscheck.

Yoshida and Goulet were both treated and released for concussions. Goulet will also have his knee checked out when he returns to his native Canada.

dbreiden83080
12-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd be surprised if Corey ever fights again after that. I feel so bad for him, that happened. Mentally and physically he has such a long road ahead..