PDA

View Full Version : Obama smokes!

ducks
11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
In all the stress of the transition, Obama said he's trying to eat healthy food, work out regularly and refrain from smoking now that the campaign is over, but he did not say he has quit cigarettes entirely.

Obama, a smoker who has quit but admitted occasional relapses, said in the interview that he fell "off the wagon during the campaign" a few times.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081127/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_security_health

Wild Cobra
11-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Who cares?

I may not like the man, but I could are less about a legal habbit.

Can we please eliminate these stupid threads?

Clandestino
11-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I bet you he shits and farts too! Who gives a fuck?
Did I vote for him? No, but he will be our President soon and as Americans you have to support him. If you hope he fucks up in office, then you are truly UN-American.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-27-2008, 11:36 AM
:lmao @ you truly are a sad, sad dude ducks

ducks
11-27-2008, 01:28 PM
maybe if he smokes he thinks he can get more people to smoke and get more tax money

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 01:35 PM
This is ridiculous, funny though. Waste topic.

jochhejaam
11-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Typical of the liberal media to hold on to this story until after the election.

clambake
11-27-2008, 02:24 PM
everybody already knew. sorry you couldn't keep up.

johnsmith
11-27-2008, 02:27 PM
THis is without a doubt grounds for impeachment the moment he hits office.

clambake
11-27-2008, 02:29 PM
THis is without a doubt grounds for impeachment the moment he hits office.

:lol there's always hope.

johnsmith
11-27-2008, 02:30 PM
However, (I'd hate to defend ducks), but the worthless threads that he starts aren't that much different then the worthless threads dan starts.

clambake
11-27-2008, 02:31 PM
ignore him.

johnsmith
11-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I wish I could but he regularly takes shots at the Broncos. He has unhealthy obsessions with about three topics, Obama, Broncos, and Palin.

ChumpDumper
11-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Typical of the liberal media to hold on to this story until after the election.It was reported several times in the past two years. The fact you didn't see it proves two things:

1) You're ignorant.

2) It's really not that big a deal.

balli
11-27-2008, 03:19 PM
In all the stress of the transition, Obama said he's trying to eat healthy food, work out regularly and refrain from smoking now that the campaign is over, but he did not say he has quit cigarettes entirely.

Obama, a smoker who has quit but admitted occasional relapses, said in the interview that he fell "off the wagon during the campaign" a few times.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081127/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_security_health

Die.

PixelPusher
11-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical of the liberal media to hold on to this story until after the election.

Did you know Obama is a chain smoker? (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91090&highlight=obama+smokes)

jochhejaam
11-27-2008, 09:32 PM
It was reported several times in the past two years. The fact you didn't see it proves two things:

1) You're ignorant.

:lmao It proves one thing, you, cb and pixy (aka, Larry, Moe and Curly) don't do sarcasm :lmao

ChumpDumper
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Eh, you've displayed enough ignorance that I can't tell anymore.

J.T.
11-27-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm sure he's not the first president to smoke since being tobacco-free isn't a qualification for the presidency.

chode_regulator
11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
It was reported several times in the past two years. The fact you didn't see it proves two things:

1) You're ignorant.

ehhh....i didnt know
but im not ignorant....maybe on politics i am...but thats bc i only know what cnn, foxnews and msnbc tell me.

if its nto taht big a deal, why are soooo many cities outlawing smoking in public areas and states trying to raise taxes "to discourage smoking" even though thats a bullshit reason

fyatuk
11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
he will be our President soon and as Americans you have to support him.

That's BS. You don't have to support the President. Granted, you shouldn't be wishing or hoping he screws up, since that'd be bad for the country, but you don't have to support the President.

ChumpDumper
11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
ehhh....i didnt know
but im not ignorant....maybe on politics i am...but thats bc i only know what cnn, foxnews and msnbc tell me.http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/bigstory-20070117-obama.jpg

if its nto taht big a deal, why are soooo many cities outlawing smoking in public areas and states trying to raise taxes "to discourage smoking" even though thats a bullshit reasonSo you think it's a big deal?

Tom Nissalke
11-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Obama is a real human being.

Not a puppet, like the current "president"

ElNono
11-28-2008, 10:56 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/20utteg.gif

chode_regulator
11-28-2008, 04:57 PM
http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/bigstory-20070117-obama.jpg

So you think it's a big deal?

i could give two shits who does and doesnt smoke. i jsut quit, for the 100th time, back in august and hated having to go outside to smoke whenever im at a "public" place.

im saying that the majority of douchebags who live in the country think its a big deal obviously bc they are banning at all over the place.

i guess since i missed that discussion i am apparently not watching enough fox news. ill try to do better chump

btw i watched crocodile dundee yesterday and was laughing at teh part where he lights a cig as he goes into the elevator in a new york hotel. i bet if you did that today you would get mobbed and arrested as a terrorist.

ChumpDumper
11-28-2008, 05:04 PM
You would probably be asked to put it out.

I'm all for smoking bans indoors. I believe I have the right not to stink because of someone else's bad habit.

fyatuk
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't mind the requirements for a physical barrier between smoking and non-smoking sections, or even banning splitting restaurants into smoking and non-smoking. What I can't stand is requiring places to provide non-smoking sections.

There's a little place by my house that before SA instituted their regulations several years ago clearly marked that they did not provide a non-smoking section. No matter when you went there, it was completely packed. Thanks to the defaulting to non-smoking, they lost a LOT of customers and it took years and several price increases to get back even close to where they were, and it's still not as busy as it was back then.

Businessmen/property owners should be able to choose whether they provide smoking or non-smoking sections, as long as their choice is clearly visible from outside before entering the establishment.

MannyIsGod
11-28-2008, 06:39 PM
You would probably be asked to put it out.

I'm all for smoking bans indoors. I believe I have the right not to stink because of someone else's bad habit.

You shouldn't have the right to dictate the terms of an establishment to the owners. I think most smoking bans are bullshit and I've never smoked. I think its a disgusting habit, but I don't think I should tell an owner that people can't smoke at his bar. If people don't like the smoke, go somewhere else.

exstatic
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't mind the requirements for a physical barrier between smoking and non-smoking sections, or even banning splitting restaurants into smoking and non-smoking. What I can't stand is requiring places to provide non-smoking sections.

There's a little place by my house that before SA instituted their regulations several years ago clearly marked that they did not provide a non-smoking section. No matter when you went there, it was completely packed. Thanks to the defaulting to non-smoking, they lost a LOT of customers and it took years and several price increases to get back even close to where they were, and it's still not as busy as it was back then.

Businessmen/property owners should be able to choose whether they provide smoking or non-smoking sections, as long as their choice is clearly visible from outside before entering the establishment.

You shouldn't have the right to dictate the terms of an establishment to the owners. I think most smoking bans are bullshit and I've never smoked. I think its a disgusting habit, but I don't think I should tell an owner that people can't smoke at his bar. If people don't like the smoke, go somewhere else.

Right, and we need an asbestos section, and a carbon tetra-fluoride section, and a section for any other known carcinogen because restaurants should be allowed to subject their customers to such.

This isn't a rights issue folks, it's a public health issue.

ploto
11-29-2008, 12:19 AM
I should not have to be subjected to your smoke in order to do my job.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2008, 12:45 AM
You shouldn't have the right to dictate the terms of an establishment to the owners.So they should be able to leave the egg salad out next to the grill all day, right?
I think most smoking bans are bullshit and I've never smoked. I think its a disgusting habit, but I don't think I should tell an owner that people can't smoke at his bar. If people don't like the smoke, go somewhere else.I usually do. Now i don't have to most of the time. it's great.

Right, and we need an asbestos section, and a carbon tetra-fluoride section, and a section for any other known carcinogen because restaurants should be allowed to subject their customers to such.

This isn't a rights issue folks, it's a public health issue.True enough. Making people step outside to smoke is doing them and everyone else a favor and keeping me stank-free.

Dre_7
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HXP2Z5GXFO8/R8sLu3_ipZI/AAAAAAAACD4/S9aKBiPsCto/s1600/reagan-chesterfield-2.jpg

Vinnie_Johnson
11-29-2008, 07:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HXP2Z5GXFO8/R8sLu3_ipZI/AAAAAAAACD4/S9aKBiPsCto/s1600/reagan-chesterfield-2.jpg

:lmao

Wild Cobra
11-29-2008, 09:15 PM
There is a good side to him being a smoker. He will probably be hesitant to sign laws that imposes smoking bans nationwide.

ducks
11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
There is a good side to him being a smoker. He will probably be hesitant to sign laws that imposes smoking bans nationwide.

that is good?

why would you want people to catch second hand smoke and get cancer

seems more people catch second hand smoke and get cancer
then those that actually smoke

chode_regulator
11-29-2008, 11:51 PM
that is good?

why would you want people to catch second hand smoke and get cancer

seems more people catch second hand smoke and get cancer
then those that actually smoke

:rolleyes

nice overdramatization. you should work for one of the mainstream media outlets.

straight from the ACS, approximately 440000 die from smoking illnesses, half of which are lung cancer. so 220000ish. and about 3000 non smoker lung cancer deaths. i would say that 3000 is pretty close to 220000. and i would say most of those are people that live iwth smokers, so its not like they ddnt have a choice to stand up to it.

balli
11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I understand and agree with the rational of those who disagree with smoking bans. I don't necessarily like the idea that we tell owners of private establishments whether or not to allow smoking. And I whole-heartedly understand the notion that one can choose whether or not to attend a bar that allows smoking.

But I don't give a fuck. I don't go out to the bar all that much anymore, but when I did I was getting damn fucking sick of my clothes getting absolutely drenched in gross ass cigarette smoke. And even if I only go out to the bar a handful of times a year now, I still don't care. I'd rather compromise business owner's personal rights and smoker's comfort and warmth, than come home 10 nights a year stinking like other peoples' inhaled smoke. So while I agree with the pro-smoking contingent's calim to personal rights in theory, in practice- fuck you smokers, hope you enjoy the outdoors.

chode_regulator
11-30-2008, 12:25 AM
yeah i get where yorue coming from. even when i did smoke and went to bars, if i passed out and woke up in teh same clothes it made me want to puke form the smell of old cig smoke. or if i caught a whiff of the clothes from teh floor.

funny though you care more about your clothes and a stench that washes off than you do about second hand smoke.

i can see restaurants banning smoking, but bars? i mean thats half the experience of going to bars. nothing better than a low key hole in teh wall bar that you walk into and its dark inside and smokey.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2008, 01:44 AM
nothing better than a low key hole in teh wall bar that you walk into and its dark inside and smokey.Sure there is: a low key hole-in-the-wall bar that you walk into and it's dark inside and not smoky.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-30-2008, 02:30 AM

This isn't a rights issue folks, it's a public health issue.

Nah, it's an annoyance issue.

Health issue is completely overblown.

xrayzebra
11-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Wonder if he is allowed to smoke in those big SUV's that leaves a real big carbon
footprint. I wonder if he gets his cigs on the legit. market or goes through one
of those no tax mail order people?

jack sommerset
11-30-2008, 01:10 PM
USA will be paying for his lung cancer soon. Great choice in a President America!

cherylsteele
11-30-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sure he's not the first president to smoke since being tobacco-free isn't a qualification for the presidency.
list of presidents that smoked....there are quite a few of them.
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Profiles/People_Profile/0,2540,106,00.html

Spurminator
11-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I wish we could ban douchebags and dance music from bars too.

jack sommerset
11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Clinton used his cigar for other things