PDA

View Full Version : Knicks' Richardson rips Marbury after guard again refuses to play

PM5K
11-27-2008, 11:01 AM
The New York Knicks were down to seven players again Wednesday night, and Stephon Marbury again refused to play.

The difference in this 110-96 loss to the Pistons?

Knicks forward Quentin Richardson made it clear afterward he's had enough of Marbury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3730245

Thoughts?

T Park
11-27-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Stephon Marbury is a pile of trash not worthy of attention anymore.

ducks
11-27-2008, 11:05 AM
they refused to even play him before
so he refuses to play now
I would demand out or play

The Franchise
11-27-2008, 11:06 AM

I think you are correect. :toast

ducks
11-27-2008, 11:06 AM

he was told he would play when he got there

when your boss lies to you then you create problems

The Franchise
11-27-2008, 11:07 AM
they refused to even play him before
so he refuses to play now
I would demand out or play

Do you think he's helping his own cause with any other team by doing this dumb shit?

Shank
11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Why would he want to play for a team that's going to deliberately shit the bed for the next 500+ days? They got themselves into this mess. Fuck 'em. Don't play. It's not like they want to pile up wins, anyway. They want to tank.

The Franchise
11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Why would he want to play for a team that's going to deliberately shit the bed for the next 500+ days? They got themselves into this mess. Fuck 'em. Don't play. It's not like they want to pile up wins, anyway. They want to tank.

Yeah but teams are already weary of you so why would you put the final nail in your own career coffin? Don't do it for the Knicks, do it to redeem yourself in the eyes of other GMs unless you plan to retire.

Shank
11-27-2008, 11:22 AM
But Marbury's getting a kick out of a team that didn't want him before, but suddenly decides they want him to play. I see his side of things, though I don't necessarily agree. Marbury's legacy is almost already firmly cemented in the eyes and minds of other GMs. There's not a whole lot he can do to worsen it, aside from openly stabbing someone courtside.

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Seriously does anybody give a shit about the Knicks. They should just fold the team till 2010

Shank
11-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Seriously does anybody give a shit about the Knicks. They should just fold the team till 2010

That's damn near their plan. It's shameful.

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
That's damn near their plan. It's shameful.

Don't say it too loud or else spurs fans and their beloved Tim Duncan will hear you.

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 11:55 AM
He's under contract and they decided not to play him. He was told he wasn't in their plans, AT ALL, now they have their hand out? I don't blame him although he is being paid 20 some odd million.

But either way I don't blame him. All this embarrassment takes its toll. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll be playing anytime this year.

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Don't say it too loud or else spurs fans and their beloved Tim Duncan will hear you.

dude they been tankn for the last few seasons now....its fkn lame

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 12:11 PM
dude they been tankn for the last few seasons now....its fkn lame

:lol :lol @ spurs fans getting sensitive when the talk comes up of other teams tanking

diego
11-27-2008, 12:35 PM
since when is marbury the victim? what short memories some of you have...

last year when isaiah (how the hell do you spell that name!?) was coach and he went out of his way to coddle and please marbury, what happened? marbury took damn near half the season off and left isaiah to sink by himself.

dude is paid more than the GDP of several countries and he doesnt even do his "job". I honestly cant believe that the knicks are unable to break his contract after all the bullshit he's done (and I'm only talking about the last year- the extended, extended leave he took after his fathers death, the legal problems in the sexual harassment case, and now this latest saga.) If you are paid to play and dont have an injury, thats an unexcused absence and would get you fired anywhere else on earth. If a soccer player did that... FIFA would make him pay back his salary over the missed time PLUS a fine, and the team could break the contract if they wanted.

i think the NBA players union is great, and wish soccer had something similar, but to paint marbury as the victim here, you have to ignore everything that happened before the knicks said he wasnt in their plans.

and to think some spurs fans wanted this guy

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 12:47 PM
since when is marbury the victim? what short memories some of you have...

last year when isaiah (how the hell do you spell that name!?) was coach and he went out of his way to coddle and please marbury, what happened? marbury took damn near half the season off and left isaiah to sink by himself.

dude is paid more than the GDP of several countries and he doesnt even do his "job". I honestly cant believe that the knicks are unable to break his contract after all the bullshit he's done (and I'm only talking about the last year- the extended, extended leave he took after his fathers death, the legal problems in the sexual harassment case, and now this latest saga.) If you are paid to play and dont have an injury, thats an unexcused absence and would get you fired anywhere else on earth. If a soccer player did that... FIFA would make him pay back his salary over the missed time PLUS a fine, and the team could break the contract if they wanted.

i think the NBA players union is great, and wish soccer had something similar, but to paint marbury as the victim here, you have to ignore everything that happened before the knicks said he wasnt in their plans.

and to think some spurs fans wanted this guy

Last year isn't this year. Thomas didn't exclude him from the team and expose him to the public like this. That's this years regime, D'Antoni and Walsh.

What he's paid isn't the problem, it's their decision to publicly exclude him from the team. All of a sudden they want him back, again i don't blame him. The decision to exclude him has been very public and embarrassing. They are paying him, so that is a sticking point, can't get around that. If they fine him that's understandable, nothing wrong there to me.

Indazone
11-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Everytime I hear about Marbury I think of some rich spoiled athlete. This one with an ego bigger than Niagra Falls. An ego so big, he says he doesn't need an agent.

Video Clip - Imagine Marbury in that clip instead.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

D7ir_6Hip1E

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Everytime I hear about Marbury I think of some rich spoiled athlete. This one with an ego bigger than Niagra Falls. An ego so big, he says he doesn't need an agent.

Video Clip - Imagine Marbury in that clip instead.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

D7ir_6Hip1E

I love this movie, Cuba sort of seems like Marbury as well. Good comparison. Maybe Cruise will be his agent after this season when his value falls. :lol

RsxPiimp
11-27-2008, 01:50 PM
i love how some of the people here supporting the unprofessionalism marbury is displaying with the same franchise that's going to pay him 21.1 million dollars for a year...

lol, this is why we as a country is fucked up. you have people advocating people with no ethics or morals.

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Marbury's brother was talk bad about him and then he got cut from his team in Greece for poor play.:blah

diego
11-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Last year isn't this year. Thomas didn't exclude him from the team and expose him to the public like this. That's this years regime, D'Antoni and Walsh.

exactly my point, what did marbury do to IT? the same thing he is doing now, sit on his ass and make stupid comments to the media while his hometown knicks who just happen to pay him 20M were getting shit on by everybody.

What he's paid isn't the problem, it's their decision to publicly exclude him from the team. All of a sudden they want him back, again i don't blame him. The decision to exclude him has been very public and embarrassing. They are paying him, so that is a sticking point, can't get around that. If they fine him that's understandable, nothing wrong there to me.

and it wasnt public and embarassing to the knicks the past years of sucking? it wasnt embarassing to the knicks to have their star player scoring with interns instead of on the court? it wasnt embarassing to the knicks to have their head coach making every excuse and explanation while STARbury took over 2 months off because his father died? are you going to tell me that he's the first person to have their parents die? the first person to have to do what their told at work?

no, what he's paid isnt the problem. There are plenty of professionals (not just in sports) the world over that make that money and earn it. the problem is marbury. they didnt decide to exclude him because of his salary; they decided to exclude him because he is a me-first whiny bitch who has no idea of what it means to be a PROFESSIONAL. and when the trades came and he had the opportunity to show just how professional he could be, he spit in their faces. talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

I dont even think a greek or italian team would bother signing him at this point.

If marbury had played for IT and was a quiet pro, of course I would agree that the knicks were wrong to exclude him. But the whole reason they excluded him is that he was completely unprofessional with IT and they didnt want to go through that again. Smart decision from them; stupid decision from marbury to sit out when he could have shut a lot of people up.

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 03:30 PM
exactly my point, what did marbury do to IT? the same thing he is doing now, sit on his ass and make stupid comments to the media while his hometown knicks who just happen to pay him 20M were getting shit on by everybody.

and it wasnt public and embarassing to the knicks the past years of sucking? it wasnt embarassing to the knicks to have their star player scoring with interns instead of on the court? it wasnt embarassing to the knicks to have their head coach making every excuse and explanation while STARbury took over 2 months off because his father died? are you going to tell me that he's the first person to have their parents die? the first person to have to do what their told at work?

no, what he's paid isnt the problem. There are plenty of professionals (not just in sports) the world over that make that money and earn it. the problem is marbury. they didnt decide to exclude him because of his salary; they decided to exclude him because he is a me-first whiny bitch who has no idea of what it means to be a PROFESSIONAL. and when the trades came and he had the opportunity to show just how professional he could be, he spit in their faces. talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

I dont even think a greek or italian team would bother signing him at this point.

If marbury had played for IT and was a quiet pro, of course I would agree that the knicks were wrong to exclude him. But the whole reason they excluded him is that he was completely unprofessional with IT and they didnt want to go through that again. Smart decision from them; stupid decision from marbury to sit out when he could have shut a lot of people up.

Last time I checked he played last year. Alot of players make dumb comments, alot do.

Oh i get it, it's Marbury's fault they suck, got cha.

If that's why they excluded him, then don't include him at all, right?

It was an offer, he didn't have to accept it. They didn't demand, big difference.

I'm not saying he is a saint, i'm just saying I see his point of view, that's all.

RsxPiimp
11-27-2008, 03:38 PM
i cant see why people would understand his point of view. thats fucked up.

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
i cant see why people would understand his point of view. thats fucked up.

Why would you not want to understand?

Understanding does not equate to agreement with what you understand.

diego
11-27-2008, 04:30 PM
when was the last time you checked?

marbury played 24 games last year. of the 58 games he missed, half were because of injury , the other because he's an unprofessional bitch.

see his NBA bio page. they dont even list the 06-07, 07-08 seasons because its as if he didnt play. They do have day after day of articles contradicting each other- ready to play, doesnt suit up, status uncertain, still grieving, bla bla bla. Yes some are because of injury, but most of the time he missed he missed because he is unprofessional.

Johnny ludden wrote a good article about all this, too bad it was before the whole thing with his father. Yes, he should have taken some time off; not a month. that was a giant F U to isaiah.

link
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=jy-marbury111507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 04:39 PM
when was the last time you checked?

marbury played 24 games last year. of the 58 games he missed, half were because of injury , the other because he's an unprofessional bitch.

see his NBA bio page. they dont even list the 06-07, 07-08 seasons because its as if he didnt play. They do have day after day of articles contradicting each other- ready to play, doesnt suit up, status uncertain, still grieving, bla bla bla. Yes some are because of injury, but most of the time he missed he missed because he is unprofessional.

Johnny ludden wrote a good article about all this, too bad it was before the whole thing with his father. Yes, he should have taken some time off; not a month. that was a giant F U to isaiah.

link
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=jy-marbury111507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

24 games is playing.

Injuries are injuries.

Deaths in the family are deaths in the family.

It may have been longer than normal, we all grieve different, if they had an issue, they would have fined him for excessive absence, or at least took it up with the players union.