PDA

View Full Version : When are the Spurs going to start preparing for the future, and bench Finley & Bowen

carib
11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I just hope that when Tony gets back Finley and Bowen gets less minutes, and we can see more playing time from Mason, Hill and Udoka. The Spurs needs to start getting the younger players ready for the future, and play Finley and Bowen less in some of the rotation.

carib
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I know The Spurs can make the playoffs, with Finley and Bowen playing less minutes.

T Park
11-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Stop posting.

exstatic
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Finley is much more likely to be benched. Udoka offers a better total game package, especially when Fin's shot isn't falling, which it usually doesn't in limited minutes like he'll get when Tony and Manu are fully recovered.

Did you watch Bowen lock down Rose? WTF?

Bender
11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Is this udoka's 2nd full season here? If so, I thought he would be better by now

carib
11-27-2008, 11:56 AM
But look here the injuries may have been a blessing in disguise for the Spurs, if you look at the bench and not the standings.

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Finley is an allstar... shit, he missed a bunch last night, but damn his shot looks pretty.

hey man you're an allstar go play...............

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Finley is an allstar... shit, he missed a bunch last night, but damn his shot looks pretty.

hey man you're an allstar go play...............

First off night hes had in a long time.

Finley is averaging over 11 a game and this clown wants him to be benched.

Great post there :tu

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM

Thanks Tpark...

Happy Thanksgiving....

Darkwaters
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Udoka is the future? Isn't he like 32?

Well I guess in Spurs terms hes to be considered a youth movement.

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Dude, udoka is trade bait right now...

T Park
Udoka is the future? Isn't he like 32?

Well I guess in Spurs terms hes to be considered a youth movement.

Yeah young guys like George Hill, Ian Mahinmi, Malik Hairston in the pipeline, not young at all.

:rolleyes

dbestpro
Nothing will happen until they have had a chance to assess Ian as an energy inside big. If he is not ready a trade may finally happen but not until 2009.

In the end the playoff roster shows first unit will have
Oberto
Duncan
Bowen
Mason
Parker

second unit

Duncan
Bonner
Finley or Udoka
Ginobili
Hill

with the occasional relief of Thomas or Mahinmi for Duncan.

end of game unit will be an issue of matchups and who is playing hot.

Unless Tolliver can improve his game time accuracy for 3 pt shooting he will stay on the
outside looking in. Pop will only use him when the players in front him are dogging it and
he needs to inject some energy.

SequSpur
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Kurt Thomas will be taking over soon. He is still in preseason status. Book it.

Darkwaters
11-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah young guys like George Hill, Ian Mahinmi, Malik Hairston in the pipeline, not young at all.

:rolleyes

Ok, hes a "traditional" Spurs youth movement. Remember last year we had Ian as our total youth movement.

Darius bailed. James White! flopped in SL. Jackie Butler was gone preseason also. Dermarr Johnson was kinda young...but not ever really in our long-term plans. And Marcus Williams was just disastrous.

Having two energetic, talented kids like Ian and George is a new thing around here.

PS: I'm not sure if you can say Hairston is in our pipeline now anymore as hes fair game to the whole league. I'd say Gist is the better man mentioned here.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Thomas won't start due to him and Duncan together is a slow lineup more made for end of game rebounds and half court offense and defense.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Ok, hes a "traditional" Spurs youth movement. Remember last year we had Ian as our total youth movement.

Darius bailed. James White! flopped in SL. Jackie Butler was gone preseason also. Dermarr Johnson was kinda young...but not ever really in our long-term plans. And Marcus Williams was just disastrous.

Having two energetic, talented kids like Ian and George is a new thing around here.

PS: I'm not sure if you can say Hairston is in our pipeline now anymore as hes fair game to the whole league. I'd say Gist is the better man mentioned here.

Hes in Austin playing under the Spurs system.

I'd say thats in the pipeline.

carib
11-27-2008, 12:09 PM

Finley had his time and his role as a mentor for the younger players will be better, so lets hope that when Tony gets back Finley will see less minutes.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Finley had his time and his role as a mentor for the younger players will be better, so lets hope that when Tony gets back Finley will see less minutes.

Yeah, lets bench 11 points a game

Again, great thinking.

carib
11-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Again, great thinking.

Yeah, lets bench 11 points a game, I say if we could get a trade for that 11 points a game I am in, but we can’t, so help the team by helping the team for the future.

I am not saying bench him for the night but just give him a few minutes a night.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, lets bench 11 points a game, I say if we could get a trade for that 11 points a game I am in, but we can’t, so help the team by helping the team for the future.
I am not saying bench him for the night but just give him a few minutes a night.

So sacrifice points and wins, just so young guys can get PT.

Great defeatist thinking.

Stop posting.

SpurYank
11-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Geez! Some of you guys have entirely too much time on your hands. When are we going to prepare for the future? My guess is that this is a constant thought with any championship team, like the Spurs.

carib
11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
So sacrifice points and wins, just so young guys can get PT.

Great defeatist thinking.

Stop posting.

You would not be sacrificing wins, the Spurs still can win with Finley playing less minutes.

carib
11-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Finley 35
Hill 22
Mason 28
Parker 26

I say Finley gets less minutes when Parker gets back.

T Park
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Finley 35
Hill 22
Mason 28
Parker 26

I say Finley gets less minutes when Parker gets back.

:lmao

urunobili
11-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks Tpark...

Happy Thanksgiving....

:wow

T Park
11-27-2008, 01:02 PM
:lol

Me and Sequ are friends, you guys just buy into that were jerks.

You guys all fall for it every time too.

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Bowen is still an asset..he's been huge since he started off the season slow, along with most of the team..he can still lock down SG and SF's, and he has improved his offensive game..

hopefully Ime can make shots and take some pressure off Bruce, because I don't want Bowen playing more than 25 minutes in the regular season..

WildcardManu
11-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I just hope that when Tony gets back Finley and Bowen gets less minutes, and we can see more playing time from Mason, Hill and Udoka. The Spurs needs to start getting the younger players ready for the future, and play Finley and Bowen less in some of the rotation.

So i take it wherever you are living you're just getting last season's broadcast of the Spurs games and not the current one we are watching.

Fabbs
11-27-2008, 03:01 PM

Again, great thinking.
While giving up 15+ a game with his weak D, make that weak everything except points.

great thinking.

T Park
11-27-2008, 03:06 PM
While giving up 15+ a game with his weak D, make that weak everything except points.

great thinking.

You along with the other idiots obviously have last years feed. Finley's defense has been pretty good.

Keep your head in the sand jackass.

Fabbs
11-27-2008, 03:43 PM
You along with the other idiots obviously have last years feed. Finley's defense has been pretty good.

Keep your head in the sand jackass.
keep your noze up his ass. If you can fit it between he and Pops. :lol
His D has somewhat improved, but then it could only go up.

His shooting has been good. It's gonna take more then that in the playoffs.
Finley is 1-3 on Championships with the Spurs, no matter how else you spin it.

SpurSupremacist
11-27-2008, 05:59 PM
My question is, why on earth would you play Udoka instead of Finley? Not only is Finley the better player, but he's done way more for the Spurs than Udoka has. Finley has made some huge shots in playoff games, too. Not only that, but this year he is mixing his game up -- meaning he isn't just settling strictly for 3s like I've seen him do in previous years. He's driving and pulling up, sometimes he's even going all the way to the rim with authority and dunking on people's heads. I love it.

my2sons
11-27-2008, 06:29 PM
nah, i just stick yall in my ignore list and i don't have to deal with it

mystargtr34
11-27-2008, 08:42 PM
With Parker coming back soon, as well as Manu getting back to game shape - Finley's minutes have to go down, i dont see how anyone can argue that. He wont continue to average 11 PPG with the emergence of Hill. There likely wont be any minutes available for Fin at the 2 guard spot anymore with 4 quality back court guys, so Pop will simply shift him over to the '3' spot (obviously the 2 and 3 dont have hardly any difference in the system) to backup Bowen and hell also get some minutes as the small ball 4.

Hes averaging nearly 30 a game now. When everyone is healthy that will likely drop to about 20 minutes per game.

m33p0
11-28-2008, 04:04 AM
udoka for finley?

finley has been aggressive and effective at being so. udoka has done nothing outside those 2 3-pointers.

mystargtr34
11-28-2008, 04:13 AM
Udoka will be out of the rotation when everyone is healthy.

m33p0
11-28-2008, 04:17 AM
With Parker coming back soon, as well as Manu getting back to game shape - Finley's minutes have to go down, i dont see how anyone can argue that. He wont continue to average 11 PPG with the emergence of Hill. There likely wont be any minutes available for Fin at the 2 guard spot anymore with 4 quality back court guys, so Pop will simply shift him over to the '3' spot (obviously the 2 and 3 dont have hardly any difference in the system) to backup Bowen and hell also get some minutes as the small ball 4.

Hes averaging nearly 30 a game now. When everyone is healthy that will likely drop to about 20 minutes per game.
yes, finley will see fewer minutes... but not in favor of udoka.

nvm, just saw your other post.

mrspurs
11-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Is this udoka's 2nd full season here? If so, I thought he would be better by now

This is as good as he's gonna get. But he plays hard and sometimes can hit that 3.

mrspurs
11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Bowen is still an asset..he's been huge since he started off the season slow, along with most of the team..he can still lock down SG and SF's, and he has improved his offensive game..

hopefully Ime can make shots and take some pressure off Bruce, because I don't want Bowen playing more than 25 minutes in the regular season..

Agreed, in the end. Bruce will be guarding the other teams best players. CP3,Nash,Kobe,Billups,Melo etc. Bruce looked tired this past POs. If we can keep him fresh we will need him more then anyone but Timmy. If we want to continue to the next round.

carib
11-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Why are Finley still playing 20+ minutes.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2008, 07:59 AM

Yeah, he averaged 11 filling in for Manu and TP, and did a good job after that rocky start.

However, TP and Manu are now back, which makes Finley's contribution redundant. Are you honestly telling me you'd rather see Fin on the court than Hill or Mason??? C'mon pal, open your eyes. Those guys offer more than Fin does at this point.

Fin should only be getting spot minutes at the 3 when he fits the court better than Udoka or Bowen.

ata
11-30-2008, 07:59 AM
:lol

Me and Sequ are friends, you guys just buy into that were jerks.

You guys all fall for it every time too.

Who said jerks can't be friends?

carib
11-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah, he averaged 11 filling in for Manu and TP, and did a good job after that rocky start.

However, TP and Manu are now back, which makes Finley's contribution redundant. Are you honestly telling me you'd rather see Fin on the court than Hill or Mason??? C'mon pal, open your eyes. Those guys offer more than Fin does at this point.

Fin should only be getting spot minutes at the 3 when he fits the court better than Udoka or Bowen.

Thanks, :toast

mrspurs
11-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Last night Scolla outplayed Fab 2pts, Kurt 0pts and Udoka 2pts and AT 2pts. And Scolla only played 25 mins. If that doest tell ya how bad our bigs suck. Your blind. As for Udoka, he peeked last season. Noway is he Bruce's replacement. The Rockets are a taste of how our Spurs will play come PO time.(if they stick with this roster). One man outplayed 4 of our players. And thats wasnt luck. That was what I was waiting for. Playing a better team. To much hype playing against these weaker teams had people to high. Now Id like to see us play against NO and the Lakers. I wish we would have played them early in the season. That way the FO might put a hurry up in getting Timmy some help. Thou we have some great small players on the squad now, this team still wont get far with the bigs we have. And Ian is still in that mickey mouse city Austin. What a joke.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Last night Scolla outplayed Fab 2pts, Kurt 0pts and Udoka 2pts and AT 2pts. And Scolla only played 25 mins. If that doest tell ya how bad our bigs suck. Your blind. As for Udoka, he peeked last season. Noway is he Bruce's replacement. The Rockets are a taste of how our Spurs will play come PO time.(if they stick with this roster). One man outplayed 4 of our players. And thats wasnt luck. That was what I was waiting for. Playing a better team. To much hype playing against these weaker teams had people to high. Now Id like to see us play against NO and the Lakers. I wish we would have played them early in the season. That way the FO might put a hurry up in getting Timmy some help. Thou we have some great small players on the squad now, this team still wont get far with the bigs we have. And Ian is still in that mickey mouse city Austin. What a joke.

Which has exactly what to do with the topic of this thread? :rolleyes

3rd game in four days. Stop panicking like a 'ho.

T Park
11-30-2008, 11:31 PM

You show me where I said that please, thanks.

T Park
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Who said jerks can't be friends?

And your sappy enough to buy into that we are jerks.

Congrats on your sheltered life :lol

T Park
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM

Go to bed.

angelbelow
11-30-2008, 11:34 PM
i think finley can provide an offensive punch every game, but he does need his minutes reduced so he can come fresh and ready to play. as for bowen, he responded so well coming off the bench that im tempted to move him there again.

carib
12-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Why are Finley still geting 20+ minutes