PDA

View Full Version : We talkin' about practice

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-27-2008, 12:45 PM
AI missed practice. Curry said AI won't start next game and may not even play :wow

Good ol' AI! :lmao

Allanon
11-27-2008, 12:48 PM
WTF? Are you serious? Hahah.

That's going to make some news.

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
I thought we were passed this A.I, I really did.

duncan228
11-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Did he just blow it off or did he have some kind of 'story'?

Darthkiller
11-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Did he just blow it off or did he have some kind of 'story'?

thanksgiving

Lp26
11-27-2008, 02:42 PM
thanksgiving

I bet his teammates who were there love that excuse (if that's what it was) :lol

Fantastic;

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081127/SPORTS0102/811270414/1127

Allen Iverson was among the many Pistons players grumbling after the victory over the Knicks on Wednesday because coach Michael Curry called a practice for 10 a.m. Thanksgiving morning.

"I got to get up at 9 a.m. and practice on Thanksgiving," Iverson said.

Well, apparently not. Iverson was the only Piston to skip practice Thursday and that didn't go over too well with Curry.

Spurs Brazil
11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Iverson Misses Practice

Pistons guard Allen Iverson missed practice on Thursday and will face a "hefty" fine, according to coach Michael Curry.

"I'm surprised when guys are late; I'm surprised when they don't show," Curry said. "It's a pretty hefty fine to be late, or to miss, and once again, it's accountability for yourself and your teammates."

Rodney Stuckey will start in Iverson's place on Friday against Milwaukee. Curry said he hadn't decided whether Iverson would play.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55703/20081127/iverson_misses_practice/

Anti.Hero
11-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Iverson is nothing more than good player who will never be a champion.

He has way too much name recognition for the kind of athlete he is.

Spur-Addict
11-27-2008, 03:54 PM
thanksgiving

:lmao

Any excuse for time off.

JamStone
11-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Thought Iverson was too old for this bullshit. Hope there's a reasonable explanation, but if there isn't, it's pretty sad he did this, on a new team that doesn't yet trust him anyway. Very bad. He needs to sit the next game.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
11-27-2008, 05:00 PM
I dont blame him
Curry can go fuck himself

Kobayagi
11-27-2008, 07:16 PM
I dont blame him
Curry can go fuck himself

Yeah, poor guy making tens of millions of dollars has to get up on thanksgiving morning. There is no justice. :depressed

lil_penny
11-27-2008, 07:22 PM
honestly pistons knew what kind of guy iverson is when they traded for him, maybe they should be fined. dude will never change he probably wont show up to his own funeral

angelbelow
11-27-2008, 07:26 PM
tahts a damn shame.

ducks
11-27-2008, 08:27 PM
you know several players had issues with the coach for having practice on a HOLIDAY

the coach for the pistons does not have the kind of respect to have a practice on a holiday

I also think ai should take action and see if he can get out of the fine for having practice on a holiday

ducks
11-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Thought Iverson was too old for this bullshit. Hope there's a reasonable explanation, but if there isn't, it's pretty sad he did this, on a new team that doesn't yet trust him anyway. Very bad. He needs to sit the next game.

the coach should be fired for having a practice on a holiday
what kind of a idiot has practice on a holiday

ducks
11-27-2008, 08:29 PM
espn said several of the players were pissed at the coach

JamStone
11-27-2008, 08:35 PM
While I don't agree with it, if you're a player, you go to the practice and take it up with the coach and management in a more professional way. You don't just ditch out of practice. Especially, when you're new to the team, there are players on the team that don't yet trust you, the practice was primarily for the team to get more adjusted to you, you make millions of dollars to play the game, and you generally get 4-5 months off in the off season to spend time with your family. That it's a holiday is a poor excuse.

And, yes, the Pistons knew what they were getting when they made the trade, $21 million off the books next summer.

tlongII
11-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes there were other players on the team that were pissed that they had to practice. However, they all managed to show up.

ducks
11-27-2008, 09:26 PM
what would your view be if portland had practice today and oden did not show up

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-27-2008, 09:33 PM
it would never happen. He isn't a douche like AI.

ducks
11-27-2008, 09:36 PM
it would never happen. He isn't a douche like AI.

I am not sure

I think David Robinson might have missed practice if they practiced on thanksgiving
or he would have went to the owner to tell the coach to cancel the practice

lefty
11-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Meanwhile, Billups is quietly making the Nuggets a better team

Congrats Joe D

ducks
11-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Meanwhile, Billups is quietly making the Nuggets a better team

Congrats Joe D

pistons were not winning a title without a trade

lefty
11-27-2008, 09:47 PM

Maybe, but you've got to trade for the right player

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I am not sure

I think David Robinson might have missed practice if they practiced on thanksgiving

i doubt that very much ducks. He was the MAN and would always honour any commitments he made. I'm sure their contracts don't have a 'no thanksgiving practice' clause :lol

I highly doubt Pop would make them practice on thanksgiving, would he? A small morning practice is not a big deal.

mVp
11-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Wait... are you talking about practice?!? you're not talking about the game, you're talking about practice, right? what are you talking about? practice?!? c'mon what's the big deal! this is practice we're talking about here, not the game! but practice WTF?

JamStone
11-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Maybe, but you've got to trade for the right player

Iverson was the right player, an exciting player who would rejuvenate the fanbase and whose contract expires after this year. He doesn't make the Pistons title contenders, but neither did Billups anymore.

Lp26
11-27-2008, 11:34 PM
From what I've heard his reason was not a very good one, and it was not a wholesome "family" one either. He's just selfish, and that's why he's always going to be nothing more than just a good basketball player who's never been able to deliver when it counts.

Lp26
11-27-2008, 11:35 PM

You don't know and neither do I. CB was looking like the CB of old at the start of this season, and Sheed thus far is playing out of his mind. BOS doesn't look nearly as dominant. And we never even got a chance to see this current team play them.

I'd rather have a chance at winning a title than Allen Iverson.

BWS-1994
11-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Anyone know if AI had any practice with his previous teams during holidays?

Can't wait to see if he's going to answer this situation (again) in a press conference... :lol

Ghazi
11-28-2008, 02:24 AM
The Pistons had maybe a 5-10% chance of winning a title with Billups... and even less w/ Iverson.

LP, the Celtics haven't looked nearly as dominant, but the Pistons used to be an elite defensive team and now look like a mediocre/BAD defensive team.

MrChug
11-28-2008, 10:36 AM

Bye Pistons. I thought Joe D tarnished his legacy after picking MICHAEL FUCKIN CURRY as the leader of stars and winners?

Michael Curry was a horrible player, never won shit, and expected to lead champions?

Good job Mike and A.I.-you've alienated your entire team in one day.

Kriz-Maxima
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Joe D has tarnished shit, he is a great GM who put a championship team together and was willing to do the sound financial decision to the benefit of his franchise.

Way to blow shit out of proportion.

xtremesteven33
11-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Thats stupid and inconsiterate to make an everyday practice session on Thanksgiving.

No good reason to do it. I dont blame Iverson for doing what he did. It just looks really bad cause hes new to the franchise.

samikeyp
11-28-2008, 12:41 PM
I am not sure

David Robinson would have never pulled the stunt that AI did. He didn't like playing on Christmas and has said as much but he he played. I am pretty sure he and most players do not like to practice or play on holidays but they do. I do highly doubt Pop would schedule a practice on a holiday but if he did, the players (like all the Pistons except AI did) would have been there. They would not like it but they are man enough to honor their commitment. He would also never have told Pop to do or not so something. He may have discussed it with him or asked but never told him to.

I don't know David Robinson personally, and I am pretty sure you don't either (even though you posted as if you do) so I do not know if I am 100% accurate but I am willing to bet I am pretty close. Robinson has proven himself too much of a class act to pull that crap. I know that most non-Spurs fans on this board equate class with softness especially in Robinson's case, much like they equate showing respect and sportsmanship
with showing fear but class does exist. The Pistons players who showed up proved that and David Robinson proved it daily and still does.

samikeyp
11-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats stupid and inconsiterate to make an everyday practice session on Thanksgiving.

No good reason to do it. I dont blame Iverson for doing what he did. It just looks really bad cause hes new to the franchise.

I do. He broke a rule. A rule that everyone else has to follow.

If you or I just didn't show up to work one day, we could get fired on the spot.

I have to work Christmas morning. I don't want to but I can do that, or lose my job. It sucks but part of being an adult is following through on your responsibilities.

JamStone
11-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Bye Pistons. I thought Joe D tarnished his legacy after picking MICHAEL FUCKIN CURRY as the leader of stars and winners?

Michael Curry was a horrible player, never won shit, and expected to lead champions?

LMAO overreact much?

Praytell, what did Gregg Popovich win before becoming head coach of the Spurs?

Curry was a horrible basketball player who found a way to stick in the league for 10 years because he worked his ass off. He was president of the player's union. Yes, he expected to lead champions.

He may or may not be a good head coach, but how the fuck are you going to judge him 13 games into his head coaching career?

Dumars has made many moves that were questioned at the time that turned out to be prudent decisions later. When Dumars makes mistakes, he cleans them up.

AI was wrong.

And, your take is stupid.

samikeyp
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM

That's right because only great players make great players make great coaches!

Sincerly,
Magic Johnson

P.S. Watch my great new TV show!!

:lmao :lmao

galvatron3000
11-28-2008, 12:56 PM
What got me was he was the only Piston that didn't show, Rasheed even came to practice. Dang, AI not a good start. He will not be there next season. Who's in line for AI's services now? I think Curry should have asked the vets about practice on thanksgiving though but he made a decision and everyone came minus Iverson which is not good. Take into account AI was recently traded and may just wanted to be with his family all day since there was no game, he would have played in a game but the practice thing was too much for him I guess. They'll be alright we and the media will make more of it than the team and thank goodness Marbury is still in the news to take the heat off

Darrin
11-29-2008, 11:55 AM
AI missed practice. Curry said AI won't start next game and may not even play :wow

Good ol' AI! :lmao

Where's Chauncey Billups?