PDA

View Full Version : Schoening: He's Baaaack!

Spurs Brazil
11-27-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html

He's Baaaack!
by Bill Schoening | Nov. 26, 2008

The day Manu Ginobili was put back on the Spurs' active roster was a good day for Spurs fans and for Manu himself. At shootaround the morning of the game at the FedEx Forum, Ginobili was like a little kid in a candy store, smiling ear to ear.

When it was time to get on the bus and head back to the hotel, he didn't want to leave the court, instead playing an impromptu game of "H-O-R-S-E" with guard Blake Ahearn. Prior to the game, Manu was bouncing around the same court, stretching and flexing and then going through a shooting routine.

Ginobili hadn't played a game since the Beijing Olympics, when he reinjured his left ankle that had bothered him in the '08 postseason. After undergoing arthroscopic surgery in early September, he was finally ready to play a game.

"It's been a long two months," said the 7 year NBA veteran,"and it got kind of boring, running hills, in the pool, doing all of this conditioning stuff...but this is what I love, I love playing basketball and being out here with my teammates."

Imagine that, Ginobili loves playing basketball. Almost as much as Spurs fans love watching him play.