PDA

View Full Version : Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

galvatron3000
11-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I haven't seen this guy in action but have heard he's a god man defender and looking at his rebounding stats and height, I believe the Spurs will look at him.

He's a second rounder from this years draft, do any of you know much about this guy? Is he a sf or pf?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Bucks are keeping him.

montgod
11-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I think he is a tweener sf and pf. It depends on Charlie V though and what his contract looks like. It's way too early to tell if the Spurs would pick him up or not. I don't think Mil will let him go though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
he's basically a combo forward.....too small to be a power forward but too perimeter challenged offensively to be a SF. I think he'd be a great fit for them rebounding and defense wise though which is all they need him for. However, I've seen Suns fans be too optimistic about certain issues such as defense and I think rebounding so far is something some Spurs fans are being too pessimistic about. Let the team play a little bit more before everyone starts trying to play NBA 2K9 in real life.

galvatron3000
11-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Rebounding is a very real issue for the Spurs and needs to be addressed or we'll be home early in June

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Rebounding is a very real issue for the Spurs and needs to be addressed or we'll be home early in June

It probably is but they need to see what a healthy Spurs team does and looks like defensively so they know what type of center to go after. I originally thought it was just something that would get better with the return of Ginobili because they could go with bigger lineups, but based on how unproductive Oberto has been I think in all likelihood their rebounding isn't where it needs to be since they don't have a legit 7 footer besides Duncan. Maybe Channing Frye is a possible option, idk what Portland would want in return but he can step put and even make the 3 at times and is a legit 7 footer. I don't think he's their answer at C but he would help as Duncan's backup and floor spreader who doesn't make them give up size, basically someone who can partially replace what Horry gave them several years ago.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2008, 03:18 PM
BTW, this might not have anything to do with the thread, Manu's pass to Udoka was S-I-C-K

galvatron3000
11-27-2008, 05:21 PM
It probably is but they need to see what a healthy Spurs team does and looks like defensively so they know what type of center to go after. I originally thought it was just something that would get better with the return of Ginobili because they could go with bigger lineups, but based on how unproductive Oberto has been I think in all likelihood their rebounding isn't where it needs to be since they don't have a legit 7 footer besides Duncan. Maybe Channing Frye is a possible option, idk what Portland would want in return but he can step put and even make the 3 at times and is a legit 7 footer. I don't think he's their answer at C but he would help as Duncan's backup and floor spreader who doesn't make them give up size, basically someone who can partially replace what Horry gave them several years ago.

this problem existed in the playoffs last season so unless Tolliver, Ian and the guards start crashing the glass heavy this should still be a problem unless we get a Dennis Rodman type player.

T Park
11-27-2008, 05:23 PM
this problem existed in the playoffs last season so unless Tolliver, Ian and the guards start crashing the glass heavy this should still be a problem unless we get a Dennis Rodman type player.

And where do you find such a player?

What player is available that fits this?

galvatron3000
11-27-2008, 05:43 PM
And where do you find such a player?

What player is available that fits this?

find this player? there are players but whether the Spurs can acquire them is the REAL question and for the record finding a player is not my point but pointing out the obvious area of concern is. Rebounding is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed either collectively as a team or the frontline whether a player is available or not doesn't negate that at all

SenorSpur
11-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Bucks are keeping him.

He recorded an 11 & 7 outing in his first start versus the Spurs a week or so ago. Yeah, no way the Bucks give up on him tbis soon.

ShoogarBear
11-28-2008, 08:42 PM
When did this dude learn to shoot? UCLA guys must be watching him in shock.

Somebody said it takes a two years to learn to play defense for Howland. It must take five to learn to play offense.

MrChug
11-28-2008, 11:20 PM
If he's signed, it'll be too hard to call his name, sorry. Fuck that dude.

Blackjack
11-29-2008, 02:15 AM
When did this dude learn to shoot? UCLA guys must be watching him in shock.

Somebody said it takes a two years to learn to play defense for Howland. It must take five to learn to play offense.

He wasn't as terrible a shooter as people make him out to be. If he was able to get his feet set and line-up his shot (ala Bowen) he was pretty capable.

The problem I saw with him was, he never played within himself. He had all the tools, but there never seemed to be a long term vision in terms of his development. His shot-selection was all over the place, he never had any go-to moves, and he never had an area of the court where he was featured.

I said before the draft that if the Spurs picked him up in the 2nd, and gave him a real defined role offensively/defensively, he would be a real asset. He's a very versatile defender, and if a team were to have him focus on a couple of spots on the floor offensively, (similar to Bowen) he could have a pretty nice career.