PDA

View Full Version : Hornets 105 Nuggets 101 ...

BRHornet45
11-28-2008, 01:55 AM
sons and the Hornets were without Chandler and Peterson tonight. nice

Ghazi
11-28-2008, 02:02 AM
You say that like Chandler/Peterson aren't scrubs :D

Ghazi
11-28-2008, 02:15 AM
I can't get a read on this Hornets team. Not sure if they're a real contender or a quasi contender.

I wanna say a quasi contender. They're decent at offense, decent defense, decent rebounding, but not great at anything which is necessary to win a title. CP3 is great, West/Stojakovic/Posey/Chandler are just "good". Their depth is atrocious as well as their play when CP3 isn't on the court. You look at teams like the Jazz and Lakers and there isn't a drastic dropoff when their best player is on the bench.

I just can't see a team w/ West and Stojakovic as core players winning a championship. Peja sucks in the playoffs, and there's 10 power forwards better than West in the league, so while he is good, he's not exactly an ideal #2 option on a CHAMPIONSHIP team.
They seem heavily reliant on the 3-PT shot too. 12-23 and you only win by 3? I dunno what to make of that...

RsxPiimp
11-28-2008, 03:09 AM
son, posey was huge on that last minute trey

reverend piimp

Kamnik
11-28-2008, 04:19 AM
They lack some bench.... great starting 5 but nothing beyond that.

I can not see them going all the way.

BRHornet45
11-28-2008, 07:48 AM
They lack some bench.... great starting 5 but nothing beyond that.

I can not see them going all the way.

yet they lacked two of their starters tonight and still won a tough game on the road ...

BRHornet45
11-28-2008, 07:49 AM
You say that like Chandler/Peterson aren't scrubs :D

Chandler a scrub? yea, he only led the league in offensive boards last year .... what a joke he is.

Ghazi
11-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Last year. He's playing like a scrub this year.

Tough game on the road, but the Nuggets are a 2nd tier team in the West.

If the Hornets beat the Blazers tonight, I'll reevaluate my stance on them. But for now, quasi contenders IMO.