PDA

View Full Version : Gist Blog: James loses Grandmother

benefactor
11-28-2008, 09:21 AM
James Gist Blog: Grandma (http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Grandma/391410)

Part of who I am today is because of my Grandmother, she is one of the cornerstones of my foundation, of who I am. Last week we lost Granny to the Lord at age 94. She left our entire family with a Legacy that is built upon; unconditional love, human dignity and respect for all. . I departed Italy on a Thursday morning, arrived in the DC metro area on a Thursday afternoon, participated in my grandmother's funeral as a pall-bearer on Friday morning, and departed back to Europe on Friday night (after missing the earlier flight). I arrived back in Europe on Saturday, just in time to workout and prepare for Sunday's game in Rome. Although we lost the game, I played extremely hard, I dunked the ball so hard in this one play that I broke the fiber glass, I guess I had to release all that energy and emotions some how. I had just flown 8 hours to DC, stayed on the ground for 31 hours and flew back just on time for the game. I cannot imagine not been part of such a moment with my family I miss you Grandma Rest in peace.

Sounds like it was tough on him not getting to be there. My thoughts and prayers are with him. Hang in there James...all of us a ST are pulling for you!

MarHill
11-28-2008, 10:23 AM
James Gist Blog: Grandma (http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Grandma/391410)

Sounds like it was tough on him not getting to be there. My thoughts and prayers are with him. Hang in there James...all of us a ST are pulling for you!

I agree totally!!

My condolences to the Gist family.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Very sad. My condolences to Gist and his family.

No matter how far away he is, us Spurs fans won't forget him. Especially at a time like this.

Tully365
11-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Part of who I am today is because of my Grandmother, she is one of the cornerstones of my foundation, of who I am. Last week we lost Granny to the Lord at age 94. She left our entire family with a Legacy that is built upon; unconditional love, human dignity and respect for all.

My condolences to James. The simple fact that he could write what he did in remembrance of his grandmother shows that he has learned his lessons well, and I imagine that she must have been incredibly proud of him.

"Ask not why she had to die, but rather
how anyone so beautiful could ever have lived."

~Thomas Lovell Beddoes

Dex
11-28-2008, 12:49 PM
:(

Condolences to the Gist! family.

DPG21920
11-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Best wishes to him and his family.

timtonymanu
11-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Condolences. I'm sure his grandmother is proud of him.

tp2021
11-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm sure your grandmother would be happy to know the impact she had on you, and, proud of who you became, James. We are all rooting for you.

bdictjames
11-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Condolences. His grandma lived very long.

sexinthatsx
11-28-2008, 10:38 PM
My condolences go out to the gist family as well.

to Gist: Hang in there buddy, everything's going to be fine! See you here playing for the Spurs in 1 year!