PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy to Test NFL Waters

benefactor
11-28-2008, 03:35 PM
McCoy to seek input on NFL draft status before final decision (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3731413)

AUSTIN, Texas -- University of Texas junior quarterback Colt McCoy said that he will test the NFL waters after the season, but will retain his eligibility to play one more year for the Longhorns.

McCoy, after the Longhorns finished off a 49-9 win against Texas A&M on Thursday, told reporters that he will file paperwork to receive feedback from an NFL advisory committee about his draft prospects. McCoy said he plans to return to Texas, but if he were rated a first- or second-round draft pick, he could change his mind.

"I think it would be foolish not to look at it like that," McCoy said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "But at the same time, I want to play four years here. Not very many people have had the opportunity to do that. That's something that's real special to me and important to me."

Texas coach Mack Brown also will be part of the decision-making process. He has encouraged his players to look at their NFL prospects in the past.

"You have to weigh everything," McCoy said. "You have to weigh coming back for your senior year and playing with your teammates and your coach and your best friends. I think that's something that's really hard."

Earlier this year, McCoy had said he planned to play four years at Texas.

"I've been blessed to be able to play here," McCoy told The Sporting News in October. "Not very many people get to [start] here for four years, so what an opportunity."

Honestly, I think he could really benefit from one more year. With all the weapons they have coming back they would be favored to win it all too.

samikeyp
11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Dude needs to stay...he is not ready for the NFL.

leemajors
11-28-2008, 04:25 PM
just gauging interest. doubtless some scouts can tell him what he needs to work on, which will be good for him.

Whisky Dog
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I'd be shocked if he was a top 2 round pick, but if he is then by all means he should go. He won't raise his stock much above 2nd round with another year anyway unless next year is a really down draft year in talent.

bleedorange&blue
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah, let's hope he doesn't talk to the same scouts that Jermichael & Jamal spoke to........:bang:bang:bang

Sure Jamal, you could be a 2nd round pick......:nope:nope

DMX7
11-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Wasn't it big news earlier that he said he was going to stay?

Spurtacus
11-28-2008, 10:13 PM
He would be stupid not to see what his value is. Right now, I'd say mid 2nd round pick.

mookie2001
11-29-2008, 11:54 AM
thanks kiper

IronMexican
11-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Second round pick? Dude is gonna start falling once the combine starts. He has great speed, and is accurate. But, he is a bit too small.

mookie2001
11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
who gives a shit i hope he makes jason white look like elway in the nfl

FromWayDowntown
11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
McCoy is a flip-flopper.

K-State Spur
11-30-2008, 06:55 PM

he's probably as ready as he's going to be - but i'm not sure his skills translate well to the NFL.

IronMexican
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
He wont make it in the NFL. He is better off earning his free education in UT.

dirk4mvp
11-30-2008, 09:07 PM
He'd be a bigger bust than Young that's for sure.

doobs
11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why people think Colt will have a mediocre-to-bad NFL career. He really isn't that small--bigger than Joe Montana, at least--and he has a good arm and good mobility. He plays smart. He wins big games.

Now that the national championship and the Heisman appear out of reach, he'll likely return.