PDA

View Full Version : Mike Monroe: Tony Parker returning tonight

jiggy_55
11-28-2008, 07:19 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/11/mike_monroe_ton.html

Mike Monroe: Tony Parker returning tonight
By Mike Monroe
[email protected]

The Spurs are back at full strength.

An hour-and-a-half before tipoff for Friday's game against the Memphis Grizzlies, the Spurs announced that All-Star point guard Tony Parker, out since spraining his left ankle on Nov. 7, would suit up for the game at AT&T Center.

Parker suffered a Grade 2 sprain of the left ankle as he drove the baseline and left his feet for a shot attempt in the first quarter of a game against the Miami Heat. The initial diagnosis was for Parker to be out for at least four weeks.

Parker missed only nine games, and the Spurs went 7-2 in those nine. He scored a career-high 55 points, high score by any NBA player this season, in the Spurs' first victory, a 129-125 double-overtime triumph over the Minnesoa Timberwolves on Nov. 5.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich reported last week that Parker appeared to be ahead of schedule for a return to action. The 2007 NBA Finals MVP has been participating in practice activity for more than a week.

Manu Ginobili, the Spurs' other All-Star guard, returned on Monday after missing the first 12 games of the season. Ginobili had off-season surgery to repair a left ankle impingement.

sonic21
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
The Spurs are back at full strength.

the savior isn't back yet.

DannyT
11-28-2008, 07:23 PM
ksat just echoed this statement...good luck tp good bye Jock

sonic21
11-28-2008, 07:24 PM
good news

SpursDynasty
11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Get ready for the best Spurs lineup since 2005. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Mason, and Hill. We will go 58-10 the rest of the season if everyone stays healthy.

Reck
11-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Get ready for the best Spurs lineup since 2005. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Mason, and Hill. We will go 58-10 the rest of the season if everyone stays healthy.

Stop dreaming pal.

bdictjames
11-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I think this team is perfectly capable of beating Memphis without Parker. Is he rushing into this?

honestfool84
11-28-2008, 07:31 PM

no center.
although i wouldn't mind the spurs playing small ball more often than not.

don't proclaim the spurs champs yet.
we still have the lakers to beat, not to mention all the other good western conference teams.

anakha
11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Stop dreaming pal.

At least he's been more optimistic of the Spurs' chances than you:

This year's Spurs team is one of the weakest team in the NBA.

Tully365
11-28-2008, 07:35 PM
It'd be great to see Hill and Mason start tonight, with Manu and Tony coming off the bench-- the greatest second team backcourt in nba history!

exstatic
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I think this team is perfectly capable of beating Memphis without Parker. Is he rushing into this?

Pop NEVER rushes players back into action, and in fact is usually holding them back. If he's playing, he's cleared by the med staff and Pop, no mean feat.

If you hold him back now, he comes back during the tough stretch. Let him get in a few warmup games.

spursfan09

Agree, but maybe he won't play so much, and they look at this game to get him back into game shape and condition. That way when the big one comes, he'll be ready.

timaios

Today is a training against Memphis. It is more simple for TP.

Tomorrow : Houston.
Tuesday : Detroit.
Thursday : Denver.

3 big games in a row. A real test.

bdictjames
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Today is a training against Memphis. It is more simple for TP.

Tomorrow : Houston.
Tuesday : Detroit.
Thursday : Denver.

3 big games in a row. A real test.
Good point. :hat

sonic21
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
he will play 10 mins like Manu .

Reck
11-28-2008, 07:43 PM
At least he's been more optimistic of the Spurs' chances than you:

When I wrote that the Spurs in fact were a weak team and it showed on the court.

Dont bring old shit back when we already got Manu and Parker is about to come back.

timtonymanu
11-28-2008, 07:43 PM
the savior isn't back yet.

+1

anakha
11-28-2008, 07:50 PM
When I wrote that the Spurs in fact were a weak team and it showed on the court.

Dont bring old shit back when we already got Manu and Parker is about to come back.

Already with the "that wasn't what I meant" defense?

Jeez, you can't even backpedal out of the stupid things you say correctly. :lol

So the Spurs had a bad initial stretch. The fact that this depleted squad won as many games as it did already proves you were dead wrong.

Ghjkll
11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Nice, our team is steadily improving and getting better in health terms. Donīt write us off yet... Our season is just starting.

Reck
11-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Already with the "that wasn't what I meant" defense?

Jeez, you can't even backpedal out of the stupid things you say correctly. :lol

So the Spurs had a bad initial stretch. The fact that this depleted squad won as many games as it did already proves you were dead wrong.

No it was actually a bad team.

George Hill and Mason just stepped it up. Finley has his games but he is a kind of an off, on guy. It was abit more then a bad initial stretch, they flat out sucked. Get your stuff straight.

anakha
11-28-2008, 08:04 PM
No it was actually a bad team.

George Hill and Mason just stepped it up. Finley has his games but he is a kind of an off, on guy. It was abit more then a bad initial stretch, they flat out sucked. Get your stuff straight.

Mason, Hill, and Finley were still a part of the Spurs when you declared the team 'one of the weakest in the NBA'.

So your astute analysis comes down to 'when Mason, Hill and Finley play well, the Spurs are a good team; when they don't, the Spurs are one of the weakest in the NBA'?

Brilliant. Sheer genius. :lmao

crc21209
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey guys......do u smell that? do u smell that? do u ? do u? It's the rest of the NBA shitting their pants now suckas! haha wooo!

Reck
11-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Mason, Hill, and Finley were still a part of the Spurs when you declared the team 'one of the weakest in the NBA'.

So your astute analysis comes down to 'when Mason, Hill and Finley play well, the Spurs are a good team; when they don't, the Spurs are one of the weakest in the NBA'?

Brilliant. Sheer genius. :lmao

No you dumb bell.

The team struggles when 1 of the biggest star is out..

Your stupid self is acting like the Spurs were playing like hot shit when they started the season. They were struggling at first. Get a grip and come back to reality my friend.

Oh and just so you know I wrote that Finley is an off/on kind of player, not Mason or Hill so stop twisting what I said pal.

MrChug
11-28-2008, 08:22 PM
If he does play, I'm gonna be shitting myself the whole night just like with Manu. With an ankle, you need to play at least ten games at full strength before I'll stop worrying.

ducks
11-28-2008, 08:34 PM
spurs should not need him tonight
but let him warmup tonight and just play him 20-25 minutes
spurs will need him against the better teams in the nba

anakha
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
No you dumb bell.

The team struggles when 1 of the biggest star is out..

Your stupid self is acting like the Spurs were playing like hot shit when they started the season. They were struggling at first. Get a grip and come back to reality my friend.

Oh and just so you know I wrote that Finley is an off/on kind of player, not Mason or Hill so stop twisting what I said pal.

Oh, so now your biggest discovery is that the team has problems when one big component is gone?

No fucking duh. :lol

What was different between the team you're so happy about now and the team you were trashing before? Same lineup. Same core. Because some players are playing better now does not change the fundamental makeup of the team.

Just admit you were one of the people who gave up on the Spurs early on and be done with it.

anakha
11-28-2008, 10:44 PM
This year's Spurs team is one of the weakest team in the NBA.

We're pretty much done.

Spurs 2, prematurely ejaculating fan 0 :lmao