PDA

View Full Version : spurs roster additions??

Austin_Toros
11-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Ian Mahinmi looks set to be in the lineup soon enough, but how about other spurs d-leaguers?
Malik Hairston should have made the spurs roster, DEFINITELY over Desmon Farmer. Also, if Marcus Williams improves, is there a realistic chance he can make the spurs roster?

Vaughn ought to be waived at the end of this season with Hill playing so well as backup PG, and Udoka has been a major disappointment this season.
Would it not be wide to waive Udoka at seasons end and play a future player like Williams or Hairston??

:flag:

exstatic
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Williams is a dud. He doesn't have perimeter skills or lateral quickness on O or on D. He can play PF in the d-league and get some favorable matchups he'd never see in the NBA. Forget about Williams.

If they want Udoka gone, they just don't re-sign him. His contract is up next summer. I hardly think anyone in Austin is better than he is.

I think the only current Toros you might see this year are Mahinmi or Hairston. The 15th spot seems to be kind of a revolving door to this point with Farmer and Ahearn occupying it so far.

exstatic
11-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Williams has no NBA small forward skills.

MrChug
11-28-2008, 09:01 PM
If someone actually thinks that Williams will be an NBA player that's just rediculous.

MrChug
11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
The spurs did, they drafted him high in the second round. Hes still very young, if he works hard he could be a good player.

He does, and he isn't.

barbacoataco
11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Williams is a borderline NBA player. Wasn't he on someone's roster last year?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Williams is a borderline NBA player. Wasn't he on someone's roster last year?

Yep, Clippers.

timtonymanu
11-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Yep, Clippers.

not even they thought he was good.

exstatic
11-28-2008, 10:52 PM
This is what the Spurs think of Williams: he didn't even get a camp invite this year.

Just stop.

FirebatMIV
11-28-2008, 10:56 PM
This is what the Spurs think of Williams: he didn't even get a camp invite this year.

Just stop.

Do we know who got an invite or not? He signed with the Bobcats pretty early after summer league with the Clippers.

You know, I wonder how many of us actually has seen Marcus Williams play and how many of us parrot the "He plays PF in the D-league" line from Timvp and are just too damn lazy to watch a game once in awhile. Today, Williams guarded JR Giddens and Bill Walker off and on, and looked pretty good at keeping them in front of him. Neither of those guys are PFs.

Bruno
11-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Courtney Sims : 22 points, 17 rebounds, 11 blocks. :smokin

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Oh shizzle.

ShoogarBear
11-28-2008, 11:02 PM

Legend.

Spurs Brazil
11-28-2008, 11:19 PM

Courtney Sims #44 Center
Born: Oct 21, 1983
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: Michigan

Sign this guy!

GSH
11-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Udoka is in a slump, and I feel for him right now. Even so, good luck finding a d-league player who is better.

I think Ime expected to be getting starter's minutes last season, and when he didn't he started pressing which just made things worse. I still think he can get his confidence back and be the player we all expected when he signed.

galvatron3000
11-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Udoka is in a slump, and I feel for him right now. Even so, good luck finding a d-league player who is better.

I think Ime expected to be getting starter's minutes last season, and when he didn't he started pressing which just made things worse. I still think he can get his confidence back and be the player we all expected when he signed.

I hope so because we need trade bait and he is the odd man out at the positions he plays and if he can regain form he will be out but with a contract expiring at the end of the season he'll probably be out anyway if he doesn't get packaged by the deadline. I like the guy though but unfortunately Mason, Ginobili, Finley, Hill, Parker and Bowen are crowding his spot and unless you are playing extremely well you maybe out. He may stick around til summer, he came around in the playoffs last season