PDA

View Full Version : Queen James blasts Barkley

sook
11-28-2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/28/lebron.barkley.ap/index.html

Barkley is absolutely right...i was thinking the same thing you can't make comments on this kind of stuff, cleveland fans deserve better.

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James reacted strongly to Charles Barkley's comments that the Cavaliers star isn't showing respect for Cleveland fans and his teammates by discussing his possible free agency following the 2010 season.

"He's stupid. That's all I've got to say about that," James said Friday night before the Cavaliers' game against Golden State.

Barkley made the comments on TNT's NBA studio show and Dan Patrick's radio show.

"If I was LeBron James, I would shut the hell up," the Hall of Famer said on Patrick's show. "I'm a big LeBron fan. He's a stud. You gotta give him his props. I'm getting so annoyed he's talking about what he's going to do in two years. I think it's disrespectful to the game. I think it's disrespectful to the Cavaliers."

James, under contract for two more seasons, was bombarded with questions about his future when the Cavaliers visited New York to play the Knicks on Tuesday night.

The Cavaliers can offer him an extension as early as July 1, 2009. There has long been speculation James will eventually end up in one of the NBA's larger markets and the Knicks have cleared salary-cap space in anticipation of the 2010 free-agent class.

"I think July 1, 2010, is a very big day," James said when the Cavaliers were in New York. "It's probably going to be one of the biggest days in free-agent history in the NBA. So a lot of teams are gearing up to try to prepare themselves to be able to put themselves in position to get one of the big free-agent market guys."

Armando
11-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Way to show respect to a Legend of the game.

samikeyp
11-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Barkley could still kick LeBron's ass.

timtonymanu
11-28-2008, 10:51 PM
fuck LeBron. i knew he was a fake SOB. he tries to act like he really is all about being a team player but all he wants is fame.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Fuck Barkley he needs to just shut up.

ducks
11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
so james is not going to sign that exention with the cavs
he wants to get all the attention he can get
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMe

Armando
11-28-2008, 11:02 PM
LeBron can end all this being saying he would deal with 2010 in 2010. How soon before that becomes a locker room distraction? As for his comments about Barkley he was totally out line. I find it odd that ESPN has not reported that.

Lp26
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
So is he going to blast Kenny next? He's been saying the exact same thing. Way to handle criticism LBJ!

ShoogarBear
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
so james is not going to sign that exention with the cavs
he wants to get all the attention he can get
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMe

I was waiting for this post as soon before I even opened the thread

Armando
11-28-2008, 11:06 PM
So is he going to blast Kenny next? He's been saying the exact same thing. Way to handle criticism LBJ!

How dare they talk bad about the KING! The King who lead a valiant effort in the Finals when the Cavs were swept by the Spurs.

timtonymanu
11-28-2008, 11:14 PM
this just shows Lebron's true colors. he's an arrogant guy. he's not this nice guy he's pretending to be.

ducks
11-28-2008, 11:20 PM
why is he even talking about 2010
he should be talking about what the cavs want to do this playoffs
or he wants more help to get a title

sook
11-28-2008, 11:22 PM
why is he even talking about 2010
he should be talking about what the cavs want to do this playoffs
or he wants more help to get a title

exactly, i think its wierd that a franchise is focusing their whole cap situation for one player and Lebron isn't going around this in a mature manner.

lefty
11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I like Lebron, but I agree with Barkley 200%

It's really disrespectful to:

- the organization
- his teammates
- Cavaliers fans

MrChug
11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Barkley's not always right. I'm siding with LBJ on this one.

It's just good business. If you knew you were going into a negotiation in a while why would you pull all of your cards out and put them on to the table? That's just stupid. Stay "middle-of-the-road" and commit to NOTHING.

That's how you get what you want. It's not like he's making a moral mistake.

The key truth to any business transaction is how you MUST assume the other guy is going to screw you out of your money or deal or whatever...just a fact.

It's none of their business what I intend to do. I'm just THINKING about taking the Knicks application for the job, not like I even have to read it but it's my right to accept it. They might get denied outright, or I might interview them...OR I might give them the job-it's up to me and only me.

lefty
11-28-2008, 11:27 PM

It's just good business. If you knew you were going into a negotiation in a while why would you pull all of your cards out and put them on to the table? That's just stupid. Stay "middle-of-the-road" and commit to NOTHING.

There is nothing wrong with thinking of your future and business, etc....

However, there is a way to handle it; imagine if you were a Cavs fan, the head coach, the teammate, or the GM. You would be feeling like the guy is giving up on you or playing mind games.

I think if I were Mike Brown, I would knock Lebron's teeth out.

ShoogarBear
11-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I agree with Barkley.

I think LeBron's a basically good kid, but he's still been spoiled by everyone always catering to his every whim from an early age. He's unselfish on the court, but thinks the rest of the world exists to give him what he wants, and doesn't try to hide it.

galvatron3000
11-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Essentially I think Barkley is trying to play mentor from afar and help Lebron handle situations like this better. CHUCK IS NOT the best at subtle expression and conveying this in a manor that's not offensive to this younger more sensitive generation. there are ways to handle business, it's etiquette business etiquette

pawe
11-28-2008, 11:56 PM
So he's blasting Barkley because of the comments he made? Hey LBJ, Barkley's being paid to talk and you're being paid to play. He is disrespecting Cleveland, his boss and the fans by being a cock tease to NY.

Slydragon
11-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Too much damn news on James, The more I keep hearing on him the more I hope he really does go to Europe.

2 years still, damn drama queen

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-29-2008, 12:40 AM

The key truth to any business transaction is how you MUST assume the other guy is going to screw you out of your money or deal or whatever...just a fact.

It's none of their business what I intend to do. I'm just THINKING about taking the Knicks application for the job, not like I even have to read it but it's my right to accept it. They might get denied outright, or I might interview them...OR I might give them the job-it's up to me and only me.

Remember when Duncan talked about going to Orlando two years before he hit free agency? Yeah, me either.

Have no problem with anything Barkley said. I like James, but he's acting like a spoiled little bitch regarding the recent NY talk.

sook
11-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Remember when Duncan talked about going to Orlando two years before he hit free agency? Yeah, me either.

Have no problem with anything Barkley said. I like James, but he's acting like a spoiled little bitch regarding the recent NY talk.

+10

Allanon
11-29-2008, 01:30 AM
I think Barley's right...maybe not to the extreme extent of disrespect. However, how the hell is the team gonna be concentrating on winning the next two years with this hanging over their heads?

Nothing can happen until 2010 but talk. LeBron could have squashed it and helped his team by saying "No comment until Summer 2009".

He's going out of his way to make sure the door is left ajar.

I'd love to hear what some of the Cleveland fans think about all this.

CavsFan
11-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Well, here's a Cavs Fan checking in.

I have not liked what LBJ has done to Cleveland fans for awhile now - many things, the most of which that stands out is the NY hat at the Indians game.

On the other hand, I do think Charles should shut up. What he has done is to focus 100% of all attention on 2010 with his comments. He has done nothing but make the entire situation worse and focus all onto it.

I am enjoying the start to this year. And for the first time since probably the Price/Daugherty/Nance era have I uttered the words, "This is our year". We are looking great and for the first time we Cavs fans are not talking about the lack of chemistry on the team.

I don't know, I'm just going to enjoy the ride (it is entirely possible for us to have a title in the next two years) and if he leaves, well then, we'll have a helluva trade in the process.

anakha
11-29-2008, 02:02 AM
On the other hand, I do think Charles should shut up. What he has done is to focus 100% of all attention on 2010 with his comments. He has done nothing but make the entire situation worse and focus all onto it.

What Barkley did got the media's attention and little more than that.

James's actions have already had the FO and fans' focus for a while now.

As such, I'd assign more blame to James than to Barkley on this one.

barbacoataco
11-29-2008, 02:02 AM
The Cavs look good. I'm sure their fans are happy about that. At least they have 2 more years.

The Franchise
11-29-2008, 02:27 AM
Charles is right. It is a slap in the face of the organization for Lebron to be sucking off NY so prematurely. He does need to shut the hell up and wait till the appropriate time.

KidCongo
11-29-2008, 02:48 AM
LeBron can end all this being saying he would deal with 2010 in 2010. How soon before that becomes a locker room distraction? As for his comments about Barkley he was totally out line. I find it odd that ESPN has not reported that.

If LeBron said that, it wouldn't stop the continous repeated stories about 2010. He is focused on this season 100% and so is the team.

DumPhlunkin
11-29-2008, 02:51 AM
LeBrick needs to shutup and learn how to shoot and develope some real skills, he's most overrated, overhyped SOB in the history of civilization

anakha
11-29-2008, 02:52 AM
If LeBron said that, it wouldn't stop the continous repeated stories about 2010. He is focused on this season 100% and so is the team.

Wouldn't 100% focus on the present imply not talking about the future as well?

KidCongo
11-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Wouldn't 100% focus on the present imply not talking about the future as well?

ok, 98%.

angelbelow
11-29-2008, 04:40 PM
whether Charles is right or not (and hes right btw) responding the way lebron did is just weak.