PDA

View Full Version : I want no part of this team in the playoffs

Walton Buys Off Me
02-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Nobody wanted to listen to me when I posted this last week.......this Houston team is DAMN good.

The Rockets play better defense than any team in the West by a landslide. Tracy McGrady will likely pay tax this year on his new possession: Bruce Bowen. Yao Ming is just scary.

I'm not positive the Spurs can beat this team in a seven game series.

Nikos
02-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Houston is good, but not title contenders.

If the Spurs ever lost to this team in the playoffs, then they weren't championship worthy anyway.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-23-2005, 11:11 PM
It certainly helps that Pop reigns in our offense like he does. Options 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are Duncan when he's on the floor.

smeagol
02-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Yao Ming is just scary.
The scary thing about Yao is how the media has hyped him.

PM5K
02-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Let the TRUTH be told.........

Spurminator
02-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Yao looks really good when Tony Massenburg is guarding him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-23-2005, 11:40 PM
The key to killing Houston is to unleash Tony. It pisses me off that we lost two games and tried for half of this one to go with Pop's conservative All Tim, all the time offensive crap.

Houston has NOTHING at the point. Attack through Tony..

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Suck on that Walton, you fucking whiney bitch!!

smeagol
02-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Nobody wanted to listen to me when I posted this last week.......this Houston team is DAMN good.

The Rockets play better defense than any team in the West by a landslide. Tracy McGrady will likely pay tax this year on his new possession: Bruce Bowen. Yao Ming is just scary.

Great fourth quarter your boys had there. 15 pts. :lol

SequSpur
02-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Spurs destroyed Houston.

Rummpd
02-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Yawn.

Houston is like the Grizz of last year, some success during year but Spurs would take them worst case 4-2 in a series.

Jimcs50
02-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Spurs will not be playing Houston in playoffs

They will play 8th seed

TwoHandJam
02-23-2005, 11:53 PM
The Spurs hurt Houston when it counted but the final score doesn't tell the whole story. Houston played us really tough until the final minutes. I don't think anyone in here was brimming with confidence throughout the first three quarters. Don't forget that they played us on a back to back without a very key player - their starting point guard.

ShoogarBear
02-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but we were without, um, Beno.

spursfaninla
02-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Going through Tim was not the problem aggie, I don't know what game you were watching. Maybe for a stretch in one quarter that was the case, at best.

Sure, Houston's length bothered Tim on a few possessions, but he was making his outside shot just fine. Our other jump shooters (Devin, Barry, ) were not making shots, and Houston was defending Tony and Manu's cut to the basket VERY well during the 2-3 quarters.

Once we got some open court baskets (from steals mostly), we killed them. Without a point guard, I am not that worried about this team. Stickland is too old, that rookie is not impressive, Sura is not coming back for a while, and Tracy is no pg.

They are still very good, but when we play our best ball we can handle them.

exstatic
02-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Don't forget that they played us on a back to back without a very key player - their starting point guard.

Don't forget Manu missed major time last game, or does that only apply to the other team? Good win coming out of the AS break, and we reminded HOU what time it is. McGrady freaked out for a few seconds last time. Other than that, we've owned them for the better part of 8-9 years.

With the usual health disclaimers, no team in the West will win a 7 game series vs. SA. No one.

TwoHandJam
02-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Don't forget Manu missed major time last game, or does that only apply to the other team? What on earth does the last game have to do with the one played tonight? Lets stay in the present hmm?

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-24-2005, 12:19 AM

Another team we can not beat in a 7 game series by the end of the season we won't be able to beat any team in a 7 game series,what a loser no faith in the SPURS. I take the SPURS against any team in a 7 game series.

GoSpurs21
02-24-2005, 12:28 AM
once again wbmo shows his ignorance on bb. Spurs beat Houston without help from Beno or Horry. Go back to smokin weed walton after all its best of what you do

Nikos
02-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Sura or no Sura I do not think Houston wins this one.

The point was that the Spurs win should not be minimized cause Sura is out, while Houston is looked upon as Spur killers for winning the last meeting, where Manu a key player was out in the 2nd half. Not to mention a Tmac miracle.

TwoHandJam
02-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Sura or no Sura I do not think Houston wins this one.This is just speculation.

The point was that the Spurs win should not be minimized cause Sura is out, while Houston is looked upon as Spur killers for winning the last meeting, where Manu a key player was out in the 2nd half. Not to mention a Tmac miracle.Saying the win is minimized is misplaced. It was a good win in that the Spurs executed well when it mattered.

However, they let Houston hang around way too long and you cannot discount that a team without it's starting pg, the guy who is the coach on the court and initiates the offense, is a significant disadvantage. I don't like our chances in Houston on a back to back with Beno or Barry running the point for 48 minutes.

Nikos
02-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Parker is way more valuable to the Spurs then Sura is to the Rockets.

Speculation on my end is the same on your end.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2005, 01:03 AM
As long as Pop turns Tony loose for at least one quarter against Houston, we have nothing to worry about gainst them.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2005, 01:06 AM
As long as Parker is being covered by 40 year-olds and rookies, we have nothing to worry about.

Nikos
02-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Wasn't Barrett the same guy who did SOLID vs TP in the Miracle McGrady game?

T Park
02-24-2005, 01:15 AM
Wah wah injuries sminjuries.

Spurs were missing Robert Horry tonight were they not.

Injuries are part of the game, deal with it.

Thats what all the "objective" fans have been saying.

johnny00
02-24-2005, 08:26 AM

Dude, Last week Tim Legler and all the other talking heads on TNT and ESPN were commenting on how hot Houston had been playing....and now you want to play I told you so??!!
Give me a break.

GrandeDavid
02-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Houston does pose some matchup problems, but I wouldn't fear them in the playoffs. It'd have its scary moments, but the Spurs' athleticism on the perimeter and overall depth should tip the scale in six games. The only team I'd fear in matching up with the Spurs is any team which has a healthy and motivated Shaquille O'Neal, which is Miami. That is when Rasho becomes toilet tissue.