PDA

View Full Version : Flip Flop roll call!!

mouse
11-29-2008, 02:31 AM
If you said a few weeks back that the Spurs are not going the the playoffs this season, or if you wanted the get rid of a player or fire Pop and now you think differently and know the Spurs are going to make the playoffs, then man up!
and sign in_______________________

The Final Countdown
11-29-2008, 03:05 AM
In

Slydragon
11-29-2008, 03:12 AM
Not me,

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108442

Dex
11-29-2008, 03:31 AM
I'll admit that Matt Bonner is finally starting to shut me up. :tu

Finally.

Desert Plains
11-29-2008, 03:32 AM
In

The Knack
11-29-2008, 03:45 AM
In

Fascinated
11-29-2008, 04:08 AM
In

m33p0
11-29-2008, 05:29 AM
eat your crow thread. :tu

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:36 AM
The Blazers hit a lot of contested jumpers and the Spurs had a good shot at the buzzer to win on the road. I'm perfectly happy with the team's effort. I can't imagine being much more optimistic with this roster after an 0-2 start.

SequSpur
11-29-2008, 11:29 AM
mouse, the mav fan is calling out the flip flops...

smb

Interrohater
11-29-2008, 11:34 AM
I wanted to never see Matt Bonner again. I believe I may have wished physical harm upon his person at one point. Not something I'm proud of...

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 01:16 PM
mouse, the mav fan is calling out the flip flops...

smb

Didn't Mouse used to be a Spurs fan?

lurker23
11-29-2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102197
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103090

I remember an offseason where the Spurs front office had relatively little faith in a young PG, so they tried to sign a more experienced, more proven guard. The veteran PG decided to sign somewhere else, and some of the members of Spurs Nation were put on suicide watch.

5 years later, Tony Parker has helped lead the Spurs to two more championships, including a Finals MVP, and Jason Kidd is over-the-hill by most analysts' evaluations, with many saying his team won't make the playoffs this year because he can't quite cut it anymore.

Is there any guarantee that the Pargo/Hill situation will turn out as well as the Kidd/Parker situation? Of course not. Is there anything in recent memory to indicate that perhaps Spurs fans should step away from the ledge? Absolutely.

I've been thinking that the Spurs will have a season with 51 to 54 wins, especially with Ginobili missing a substantial part of the season, and at least one other relatively major injury basically guaranteed at some point. However, just to spite Hollinger, I'll put myself out on a limb and predict a final record of 56-26.

duncan228
11-29-2008, 01:38 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/flipflops.jpg

benefactor
11-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I am too lazy to search my posts, but I can guarantee you that you will not find anything about firing Pop or us not making the playoffs. Knee-jerk posting is not really my style.

As far as moving a player goes...the stars would have to really be aligned. If Bonner continues to play well and some team can be suckered into taking him I wouldn't be against moving him and Udoka for a physical, rebounding big man...though I'd have to really sit down and do some research to figure out who that might be. We would need a replacement for Udoka, so my other stipulation would be that Hairston would need to to be looking impressive enough on the Toros to be called up to replace him.

So I am not against moving a player, but as of right now there is no need for anything drastic.

xtremesteven33
11-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Ive lost hope in mahinmi.

I know Pop has a plan for getting a solid big in to help out TImmy

benefactor
11-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Ive lost hope in mahinmi.

I know Pop has a plan for getting a solid big in to help out TImmy
Anyone who said that we needed Marbury also needs to man up and say they were wrong.

What say ye xtremesteven?

mexicanjunior
11-29-2008, 01:55 PM
In on Hill...I thought it was a huge mistake taking him in the first round and passing up players like Chalmers or Arthur. So far, I have been pleasantly surprised by his aggressiveness on offense and ability to create his own shot. If he can keep up this pace and help the Spurs succeed in the playoffs, I will gladly admit I was totally wrong.

I still think Ian is not going to work out...too fragile and not strong enough to rebound and defend bigger NBA frontcourt players. I guess we will see on him...

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:18 PM
It's always a lot more fun to admit you're wrong about a Spurs player when he turns out to be better than you thought he'd be instead of worse.

Buddy Holly
11-29-2008, 05:31 PM
I have been pleasantly surprised by his aggressiveness on offense and ability to create his own shot. If he can keep up this pace and help the Spurs succeed in the playoffs, I will gladly admit I was totally wrong.

Dude you thought Vaughn was better than Hill even before he played. You thought he sucked so much that Vaughn was taking his minutes (even though we all told you it was his injury keeping him from playing), so if anything you should be more than "pleasantly surprised."

balli
11-29-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2873640&postcount=4

SpursFan0728
11-29-2008, 05:53 PM
All I bitched about is
JV

and I am not sorry about it

angelbelow
11-29-2008, 06:17 PM
i was somewhere along the lines of being okay with tanking but still wanting to make a push cause of duncans prime.

and ofcousre i wanted to ship bonner out but hes playing well now. im glad.

xtremesteven33
11-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Anyone who said that we needed Marbury also needs to man up and say they were wrong.

What say ye xtremesteven?

I never said we "NEEDED" marbury, i merely supported the idea of having him on our squad. Minded, this was before the ressurgance of the Spurs recent winning streak

mouse
11-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Good to see many posters man up and take responsibility for their actions. These are the real Spur fans who tell it like it is.

Anyone can say anything that is off base or not true .
only a select few will admit it.

mexicanjunior
11-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Dude you thought Vaughn was better than Hill even before he played. You thought he sucked so much that Vaughn was taking his minutes (even though we all told you it was his injury keeping him from playing), so if anything you should be more than "pleasantly surprised."

Well, I could have gone with "total shock" but that wasn't as pleasant...

E20
11-30-2008, 02:01 AM
If you gave up on the Spurs and became a Mavs fan way back in teh day please say I.