PDA

View Full Version : You're goin' down, Raiders...

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I've got to get my smack talk in while the score is 0-0 and it's still close. I have a feeling I won't get any more opportunities. I think the best I can hope for is winning the coin toss, which they just won as I'm listening to the game.

YEAH BABY!

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Baylor gets momentum, Baylor misses extra point. It unravels from here.

Griffin 12, Tech 7

http://furtherupfurtherin.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/image_7224225.jpg

Texas Chili Dog
11-29-2008, 04:27 PM
if Baylor wins this game, I will never EVER call Waco "Wacko" again.

AFBlue
11-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Robert Griffin is the real deal

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 04:46 PM

What's great is that he's local so Baylor could get him, but he might attract some good recruits who want to play with him over the next few years. It's a little early for Bears fans to count on a turnaround of the program, but it's never too early to hope. :)

The guy who does PbP for the Baylor games is a friend of mine, and I always hope Baylor gets good just for him, because he's spent so many years trying to be positive through bad season after bad season.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 04:49 PM

Ben Parks, however, is not. Missed extra point and now a missed field goal.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Baylor forces a fumble. First down inside the 20.

AFBlue
11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Ben Parks, however, is not. Missed extra point and now a missed field goal.

:lol and yet :depressed

AFBlue
11-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Baylor forces a fumble. First down inside the 20.

Baylor D did what?!?! :wow

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
:lol and yet :depressed

Baylor does this often enough it's not surprising. Baylor just false-started on their first play and will end up outside the 20. Again, not a surprise.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Baylor D did what?!?! :wow

They've sacked him three times I think in the first half. Nobody ever sacks that guy. 1st and goal at the 4 with 41 seconds to go in the half.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Baylor fumbles the ball out of the end zone. Tech ball at the 20.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Overturned on review. Baylor touchdown with one second left. They might be going for two.

AFBlue
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Wow

Thanks for the breakdown by the way. I don't get it here in Georgia and don't want to pony up for ESPNU.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:10 PM
And Griffin fought off someone grabbing him by the facemask and threw a jump ball for the successful two point conversion. Score at the half: Baylor 21 - (7)Tech 14.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow

Thanks for the breakdown by the way. I don't get it here in Georgia and don't want to pony up for ESPNU.

I'm just listening to it on the radio. It's supposed to be on Vs. I don't know if their coverage is regional, but I don't get that channel with my current package.

If you actually care, the link for the audio broadcast is at the bottom of this page:

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/multimedia/affiliates.html

You might also be able to go to WBAP's website and listen to it online. Might be blacked out, but it's worth a shot if you have problems with the above link.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:16 PM
BTW, I just checked, and it is streaming on WBAP, and you don't have to log in to get the broadcast.

bleedorange&blue
11-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Versus is offered on Time Warner, Channel 68. I've seen every second of the game so far.

After making that ridiculous scramble to the one & then the hail mary 2 pt conversion, THE FOOTBALL GODS ARE FAVORING BAYLOR RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

UT SEASON TICKET HOLDER PINNING MY HOPES ON BAYLOR FOOTBALL. Yes, i'm doing it!:toast:toast

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:36 PM
So a Baylor victory renders 45-35 irrelevant?

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Baylor gets the ball to start the third, marches it down and punches it in. Baylor 28, TTU 14.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 05:39 PM
LOL, OU ran up the score so much they crushed Tech's psyche. Karma boomerang.

bleedorange&blue
11-29-2008, 05:47 PM
So a Baylor victory renders 45-35 irrelevant?

No. A BU win means that The SPOONERS & UT are tied with the tiebreaker going to UT for head to head. This would make tonight's game for BlowU & Ok st irrelevant.

Horry For 3!
11-29-2008, 05:49 PM
If Baylor pulls off the upset, that will be great for Texas. That means they are assured the Big 12 South title and will go to the Big 12 Championship game.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Not just that but, assuming they beat Mizzou, it will guarantee them being in the BCS Championship game.

Baylor holds on to win this game, everyone in Austin needs to drive up to Waco and kiss the bear statue's ass.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, tremendous block on the run by Griffin.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
No. A BU win means that The SPOONERS & UT are tied with the tiebreaker going to UT for head to head. This would make tonight's game for BlowU & Ok st irrelevant.

What I meant was it renders the 45-35 campaign irrelevant. That thing was destined to backfire because the more the voters see Texas fans making their case on TV, the easier it is to vote against them because so many of them are such douchebags.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Big third down.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Eh, looks like Tech is waking up.

samikeyp
11-29-2008, 06:07 PM
How did the rest of the Big XII miss out on Robert Griffin?

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Baylor offsides, which negates a Bears interception.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:19 PM
And Tech ties it up.

chode_regulator
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM
looks like tech is about to take the lead

not too late for the bears though

i get vs adn they usually show a game but for some reason no game today. :depressed

usually on eof the big 12 games is on likie 15 channels on my cable package, but none today

chode_regulator
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM
tech gets teh lead

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Baylor needs a huge break of some sort.

robino2001
11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
looks like tech is about to take the lead

not too late for the bears though

i get vs adn they usually show a game but for some reason no game today. :depressed

usually on eof the big 12 games is on likie 15 channels on my cable package, but none today

The Mizzou/Kansas game was on the FSN family of networks earlier - so that was the game you'd seen everywhere... I don't get y'all not getting the Tech/Baylor game if you have VS though - it should be a national game just like the Oregon/Ore St game following this one.

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Baylor needs a huge break of some sort.

It's sad that when the Bears need a break, the coach decides to go for it on 4th and 5 instead of playing for field position. They just don't give themselves opportunities to win.

Baylor leads the nation in moral victories and missed opportunities. Strange that coaching changes never seem to make a difference.

chode_regulator
11-29-2008, 06:46 PM
The Mizzou/Kansas game was on the FSN family of networks earlier - so that was the game you'd seen everywhere... I don't get y'all not getting the Tech/Baylor game if you have VS though - it should be a national game just like the Oregon/Ore St game following this one.

just checked again and it is on. now that its over i find it

fuck i thought baylor might pull the upset

Obstructed_View
11-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I should have known better than to publicly predict that Baylor would beat Tech and Tech would go 1-2 in their last three games. :)

bleedorange&blue
11-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Damn, the Bears defensively were a completely differenet team n the 2nd half. D-Cordinator Norwrood completely changed it up. They stopped blitzing. They forced a fumble, int, got to Harrell 2x & now all of a sudden just drop back 7-8 every time. ESPECIALLY NOW THAT CRABTREE IS OUT! Yes Tech has depth, but come on, no one near the game of Crab.

I HAVE TO CHALK THIS ONE UP ON THE D-CORDINATOR! Why change from what's working!:bang:bang:bang

BUMP
11-29-2008, 07:14 PM
now its time to root on the Cowboys:downspin:

and LMAO at us potentially being the team that comes out of the big XII south after barely beating Baylor. we might not even beat Mizzou and that would be a complete slap in the face to the bXII South because OSU, OU, and UT would CRUSH Mizzou.

Texas Chili Dog
11-29-2008, 07:27 PM
now its time to root on the Cowboys:downspin:

and LMAO at us potentially being the team that comes out of the big XII south after barely beating Baylor. we might not even beat Mizzou and that would be a complete slap in the face to the bXII South because OSU, OU, and UT would CRUSH Mizzou.

UT already DID crush Mizzou. :toast

crc21209
11-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Well if there is a 3-way tie NO WAY Tech should be in the conversation for Big 12 South Champ after barely beating Baylor lol.

Flo-Rida
11-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Well if there is a 3-way tie NO WAY Tech should be in the conversation for Big 12 South Champ after barely beating Baylor lol.

They were without crabtree.

chode_regulator
11-29-2008, 09:07 PM
They were without crabtree.

and we were without cosby againt tech. so waht? life goes on.

cash459
11-30-2008, 11:59 AM
and we were without cosby againt tech. so waht? life goes on.

tech won

The Reckoning
11-30-2008, 01:20 PM
tech won

:smchode:

you do realize that after the last two games tech has played, the UT game was an obvious fluke, right? tech had all year to prepare for the game while UT was playing a top 12 team every week, and the game was at lubbock with some key UT players injured. it had all the making for an upset, but in the end, UT is obviously the better team. i wouldnt be parading my team around after an ass raping by ou and a pitiful performance against da bears.

cash459
11-30-2008, 01:55 PM

you do realize that after the last two games tech has played, the UT game was an obvious fluke, right? tech had all year to prepare for the game while UT was playing a top 12 team every week, and the game was at lubbock with some key UT players injured. it had all the making for an upset, but in the end, UT is obviously the better team. i wouldnt be parading my team around after an ass raping by ou and a pitiful performance against da bears.

mizzou is obivously not a top team after their perfomrance then by your logic, so that doesnt help your argument. Tech beat OSU handily, while ut struggled at home to pull off a slight win. & yes i will parade my team around, b/c if ut doesnt get into any title game, it will be b/c of the loss to tech.
you can presume ut is the "better" team, but you have nothing to support that, other than your fan support.

injuries are a part of the game, get over it & stop fishing for excuses. crabrtee wasnt healthy either.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Just for the benefit of the "tech didn't have Crabtree" crowd, Tech was behind before he came out of the game, scored 21 straight to win the game in the second half without him, and only had 17 other wide receivers on the roster.

stretch
11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
What I meant was it renders the 45-35 campaign irrelevant. That thing was destined to backfire because the more the voters see Texas fans making their case on TV, the easier it is to vote against them because so many of them are such douchebags.

Apparently not, seeing that Texas jumped OU in AP polls.

Texas Chili Dog
11-30-2008, 04:14 PM

the AP poll is not involved with the BCS.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 05:22 PM

Yeah how'd that work out?

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:04 AM

oh gawdddddddddddd

you do realize as well that the UT/OU game was a fluke as well?

The way OU is playing right now, they would blow UT out of the water.

UT barely hung on to OSU at home while Tech blew them away, so we can do this comparison thing all day.

stretch
12-01-2008, 10:05 AM
you do realize as well that the UT/OU game was a fluke as well?

The way OU is playing right now, they would blow UT out of the water.

proof?

UT barely hung on to OSU at home while Tech blew them away, so we can do this comparison thing all day.

A game winning TD with :01 left on the clock counts as "blew them away"?

Tech fans are seriously retarded. They can go fuck themselves.

Blake
12-01-2008, 10:20 AM
proof?

well, moron, I have the same amount of proof as Reckoning who brought this up which is none.

A game winning TD with :01 left on the clock counts as "blew them away"?

Tech fans are seriously retarded. They can go fuck themselves.

retarded? really?

read again, butt monkey. I was talking about Tech blowing away OSU while UT barely hung on.

Nice job yet again.

stretch
12-01-2008, 10:30 AM
well, moron, I have the same amount of proof as Reckoning who brought this up which is none.

Then shut the fuck up, tech fan.

retarded? really?

yes.

read again, butt monkey. I was talking about Tech blowing away OSU while UT barely hung on.

Nice job yet again.

Well my apologies, but it was very easy to mistake it for you talking about tech beating UT, considering you likely get a boner every time you think about that, being the greatest moment in TT's football history and all.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
flukes? :bang

The excuses of the stupid. How OU or Tech or Texas is playing only matters at the time. This crap about flukes or "well if they played now or played at home or on the road" is whiny bullshit. The only thing that counts is the final score. Texas got it done against OU but not against Tech, period. No win is more or less legit than the other. If Texas made one or two more plays, they could have won over Tech, if Tech makes one or two more, they could have blown Texas out whether the game was in Austin, Lubbock, San Antonio, Port Aransas or anywhere else.

Blake
12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Then shut the fuck up, tech fan.

and sit back while idiots like you and reckoning slobber all over themselves while talking aboutr how UT is still better than Tech, even though the scoreboard says differently? I don't think so.

I get some kind of cheap thrill out of putting your types in your place.

Well my apologies, but it was very easy to mistake it for you talking about tech beating UT, considering you likely get a boner every time you think about that, being the greatest moment in TT's football history and all.

F off.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Looks like Harrell was hurt in that game. If this is true, that kid is petty tough.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3736000

stretch
12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
and sit back while idiots like you and reckoning slobber all over themselves while talking aboutr how UT is still better than Tech, even though the scoreboard says differently? I don't think so.

I don't think you really put anyone in their place, considering you pretty much said the exact same type of thing that the previous poster said. You're a stupid piece of shit.

F off.

lol, texas tech

J.T.
12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
If Texas made one or two more plays, they could have won over Tech, if Tech makes one or two more, they could have blown Texas out whether the game was in Austin, Lubbock, San Antonio, Port Aransas or anywhere else.

Is there even a football stadium in Port A?

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
No, the nearest one is Aransas Pass. :lol

j-6
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
All bullshit aside, it's pretty lame that 11-1 Tech is probably going to the effing Cotton Bowl to play some mid-level SEC West school, and Utah and Cincinnati get to play in BCS games. Or BC/ Va Tech.

Is Utah screwing Tech out of a BCS bowl, or is there a max two per conference? Anyone know?

BUMP
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
All bullshit aside, it's pretty lame that 11-1 Tech is probably going to the effing Cotton Bowl to play some mid-level SEC West school, and Utah and Cincinnati get to play in BCS games. Or BC/ Va Tech.

Is Utah screwing Tech out of a BCS bowl, or is there a max two per conference? Anyone know?

idk but thats the real reason i hate the BCS. even though UT got screwed they will have a chance next year.

a team like Utah, who won all their games, will NEVER have a chance to win a title. maybe they are the best team in the country, but they will never be able to show it and that really isnt fair.

Texas Chili Dog
12-01-2008, 12:48 PM

bolded part is the case. I'm also disappointed in Tech probably going to the Cotton Bowl, where they will likely face Ole Miss. I go to the Cotton Bowl every year, no matter what teams are playing. And IMO, Tech-Ole Miss is such a crappy matchup. Sucks...

pkbpkb81
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM

there is a max two per confernce

pkbpkb81
12-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't think you really put anyone in their place, considering you pretty much said the exact same type of thing that the previous poster said. You're a stupid piece of shit.

lol, texas tech

wow so ut is the dumbest peice of crap on earth you come in here and talk about how much better you are then teck (who beat you) but then throw a little bitch fit when the SONNERS jump you becuse you beat them. you cant have it both ways eaither head to head matters or it dosent it ut thainks they should really be in front of ou then teck should be in front of ut.

j-6
12-01-2008, 01:07 PM
bolded part is the case. I'm also disappointed in Tech probably going to the Cotton Bowl, where they will likely face Ole Miss. I go to the Cotton Bowl every year, no matter what teams are playing. And IMO, Tech-Ole Miss is such a crappy matchup. Sucks...

I've never gotten into this whole conference pride thing - especially when your school is surrounded by opponents that hate your team's guts - but this year is different. I hope every team the Big 12 sends out crushes their opposition.

FromWayDowntown
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
There isn't, as far as I know, anything that would prohibit the Fiesta Bowl from selecting Tech over UT. Given Coach Brown's insistence that head-to-head results should matter when breaking ties, I'd think that logic would actually support a decision to select Tech over UT in a decision made just between those two teams.

But, in the end, there's too much money to be made with UT in that game -- both from a television standpoint and from an attendance standpoint. That, along with the justified belief that UT is probably the better team will send Tech to a Cotton Bowl game that nobody will watch and ensure that the natural order remains the status quo.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
There isn't, as far as I know, anything that would prohibit the Fiesta Bowl from selecting Tech over UT. Given Coach Brown's insistence that head-to-head results should matter when breaking ties, I'd think that logic would actually support a decision to select Tech over UT in a decision made just between those two teams.

But, in the end, there's too much money to be made with UT in that game -- both from a television standpoint and from an attendance standpoint. That, along with the justified belief that UT is probably the better team will send Tech to a Cotton Bowl game that nobody will watch and ensure that the natural order remains the status quo.

In this case though, there is no tie because Texas is ranked higher than Tech in the BCS standings.

I am with j-6 though, I hope the Big 12 sweeps.

Texas Chili Dog
12-01-2008, 01:38 PM

Yes, there is. A team ranked in the top 4 of the BCS is guaranteed a BCS bowl. Texas will be in the top 4, Tech will not.

FromWayDowntown
12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes, there is. A team ranked in the top 4 of the BCS is guaranteed a BCS bowl. Texas will be in the top 4, Tech will not.

Yeah, I was just about to post that I had gone back to re-read the BCS rules and discovered that; there's actually a provision that specifically concerns the #3 team in the BCS rankings, too.

I was wrong.

j-6
12-01-2008, 01:48 PM

I have no love for Tech but the fact of the matter is they beat Texas and are 11-1. They deserve better recognition than sharing a Friday afternoon game date with the Liberty Bowl. The way the games are lined up this year, nobody is going to watch a 1 PM game on January 2nd.

The Reckoning
12-01-2008, 02:11 PM

F off.

types?

meh...the only type i see is the bitter sports fan who blindly screams "scoreboard!." dont get me wrong - im bitter too, but not because my team lost. im pissed because i saw a championship program blow a huge opportunity...the players and coaches did not show up to the tech game and were handed a loss they deserved. tech was in a promising situation with an easy schedule, healthy players and a homefield advantage. tech is obviously a damn good team, but i dont think they are a championship program. they are built for upsets, and UT learned a lesson from that. OSU almost pulled the same shit. so yeah, id call it a fluke.

btw, if you want to compare scores...

tech 43
tamu 25 (aggies up at half)

tech 35
baylor 28

UT 49
tamu 9

UT 45
baylor 21

Texas Chili Dog
12-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I have no love for Tech but the fact of the matter is they beat Texas and are 11-1. They deserve better recognition than sharing a Friday afternoon game date with the Liberty Bowl. The way the games are lined up this year, nobody is going to watch a 1 PM game on January 2nd.

I sure as hell will. From somewhere inside the stadium. :toast

Blake
12-01-2008, 02:46 PM

wow, you're real quick. Pretty sure mensa won't be calling you any time soon.

If you can't figure out my point, then there's no use trying to discuss anything with you.

but then again, why the hell am I even responding to the likes of you. You're basically a troll that will piss off the wrong person at the wrong time and get yourself banned. Just a matter of time....

Blake
12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
types?

meh...the only type i see is the bitter sports fan who blindly screams "scoreboard!." dont get me wrong - im bitter too, but not because my team lost. im pissed because i saw a championship program blow a huge opportunity...the players and coaches did not show up to the tech game and were handed a loss they deserved. tech was in a promising situation with an easy schedule, healthy players and a homefield advantage. tech is obviously a damn good team, but i dont think they are a championship program. they are built for upsets, and UT learned a lesson from that. OSU almost pulled the same shit. so yeah, id call it a fluke.

btw, if you want to compare scores...

tech 43
tamu 25 (aggies up at half)

tech 35
baylor 28

UT 49
tamu 9

UT 45
baylor 21

yeah.....your "types".

The types that keep on downplaying the Tech game as a fluke.

Check the friggin box score. Tech delivered a beat down on the stat sheet and it was sheer fluke that UT was even in that game at all.

and based on Missouri's performances of late against Baylor and Kansas, that UT win over Mizz is looking less and less impressive by the minute.

Tech had an extremely similar run that UT did by playing #19 KU on the road, #1 UT and then #7 OSU before running into a buzzsaw on the road in Norman so please drop the condescending bull crap.

Basically whatever argument you try to make, I can easily make the same one. If you want to say "it's my opinion that UT is still the better team", then I've got no problem with that.

Just don't try to tell me that I must now recognize the Tech win was a fluke. It's typical arrogant UT fan garbage.

Blake
12-01-2008, 02:58 PM

Yeah, there's a max limit on two per conference.

and the way it stands, there is no way Tech can go to a BCS game.

Even if the Fiesta Bowl wanted Tech over UT, the horns get in automatically being in the top 4 of the BCS rankings.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Just don't try to tell me that I must now recognize the Tech win was a fluke. It's typical arrogant UT fan garbage.

So is just those arrogant UT fans or are all UT fans arrogant? ;)

BUMP
12-01-2008, 03:52 PM

LOL why do you always bring up this point?

Obstructed_View
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm a Baylor fan, and the Tech win was a fluke. But a fluke win counts exactly the same as a blowout. Again, if Texas didn't want someone else to control their destiny, then they should have taken care of business when it was in their hands to do so.

Blake
12-01-2008, 05:08 PM

not generally, but if you count all my family members that went to UT, then yes, they are all arrogant and want to hang Blake Gideon off that burnt orange tower and think that Tortilla Tech was just a lucky bunch of scrubs that don't even belong in the same state.

Blake
12-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm a Baylor fan, and the Tech win was a fluke. But a fluke win counts exactly the same as a blowout. Again, if Texas didn't want someone else to control their destiny, then they should have taken care of business when it was in their hands to do so.

I respect your opinion if that's what it is, but you're wrong.

579 total yards to 374 is no fluke

105 rushing yards to 80 is no fluke

McCoy getting sacked 4 times + 1 safety on the running back is no fluke......just ask Colt's bloody lip.

37 to 23 minutes in time of possession is no fluke.

Undefeated #7 Texas Tech winning at home is no fluke.

of course, at the end of the day, it's still only my opinion that it's no fluke........

Obstructed_View
12-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I respect your opinion if that's what it is, but you're wrong.

579 total yards to 374 is no fluke

105 rushing yards to 80 is no fluke

McCoy getting sacked 4 times + 1 safety on the running back is no fluke......just ask Colt's bloody lip.

37 to 23 minutes in time of possession is no fluke.

Undefeated #7 Texas Tech winning at home is no fluke.

of course, at the end of the day, it's still only my opinion that it's no fluke........
After all that, it took a guy dropping an interception that hit him in the hands and that funky touchdown to beat UT. Seems as flukey to me as the tipped touchdown pass that OU got. Again, it doesn't matter, as wins look exactly the same in the standings, regardless of the margin. Teams that find a way to win deserve as much credit as teams that cruise by a thousand points. UT can walk away with as much satisfaction about their performance against Tech as Baylor can, which is zero. UT's loss was quite a bit more costly.

cash459
12-01-2008, 07:55 PM
After all that, it took a guy dropping an interception that hit him in the hands and that funky touchdown to beat UT. Seems as flukey to me as the tipped touchdown pass that OU got. Again, it doesn't matter, as wins look exactly the same in the standings, regardless of the margin. Teams that find a way to win deserve as much credit as teams that cruise by a thousand points. UT can walk away with as much satisfaction about their performance against Tech as Baylor can, which is zero. UT's loss was quite a bit more costly.

how about the blown no-call, block in the back, on the punt return??

that wouldve made things diff too

Blake
12-01-2008, 09:54 PM

right. It was a fluke that UT even got to be in that position to possibly seal the game.

Ask any UT fan what their reaction was when the horns left over a minute to go when they scored their last TD. They all knew Tech was going march down the field.
Nothing 'fluky' about that...

and I think you are wrong about UT walking away with satisfaction......Baylor's loss was a moral victory......UT's was heart breaking.

samikeyp
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
LOL why do you always bring up this point?

:lol Everyone needs a hobby.

I just don't like it when people lump an entire fan base as being of one mindset. In Blake's case I was just having fun but there are others (not Blake) out there who are actually stupid enough to believe that the actions of a few fans are representative of an entire fanbase. As long as that happens I will, to paraphrase Blake, have fun putting people like that in there place. :)

:toast

Obstructed_View
12-02-2008, 04:35 AM
and I think you are wrong about UT walking away with satisfaction......Baylor's loss was a moral victory......UT's was heart breaking.

I said they walk away with equal satisfaction, at zero.