PDA

View Full Version : Paul Coro: Amaré unhappy in Suns system after loss to D-Wade and the Matrix

Allanon
11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Stoudemire voices displeasure with system (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/28/20081128spt-sunsnb.html)

by Paul Coro - Nov. 28, 2008 10:15 PM
The Arizona Republic

It is not just perimeter players who are struggling to embrace the Suns' new offense.

After Friday's loss to Miami, Suns power forward Amaré Stoudemire expressed unhappiness with his role that he also shared in a Nov. 20 espn.com interview published Friday.

Asked after the game if the offense puts him in the right spots, Stoudemire said, "Sorta, kinda. Consistency for me would be great. That way, I know what to look forward to and how to attack. That way, when I do get it, I'm not off-balance or surprised I have it."

Asked if this system can provide him the chances he wants, he said, "I really don't know. I know I put in a lot of hard work this off-season to really take that next step, to really be in the class of the D-Wades (Dwyane Wade) and the LeBrons (LeBron James) and the Dwights (Dwight Howard). I put in the hard work this off-season to be in that class. Right now, I'm a little frustrated."

After making 9 of 21 shots in a Nov. 20 loss to the Lakers, Stoudemire mentioned those names to espn.com as "featured guys" to say how he wants to be the go-to guy in an offense that now starts with Shaquille O'Neal post-ups.

"I want to show the league and the world that I feel like my game has improved to that level," Stoudemire told espn.com.

He said the Lakers "were fluid, flowing . . . I remember when we looked like that."
He also talked to espn.com about free agency in 2010, when he can opt out of his contract. Such talk is bound to produce trade rumors with Stoudemire not rebounding and defending like a star. In recent games, his offensive involvement has curtailed.

"Absolutely!" Stoudemire told espn.com when asked if he thinks about 2010 free agency. "As a player, you should look at the teams you might want to play for. The city you may want to live in. The system you may want to play in. The economy. The cost of living. Everything. It's about what's best for you."

The returns

Miami forward Shawn Marion said of his Phoenix return's ovation, "It was mixed. I gave my heart and soul to this city and that team over there. I think they knew that and felt that and they gave me a standing ovation. I love Phoenix."

James Jones and Marcus Banks were back too, but Jones is out after wrist surgery and Banks is out of the rotation. Banks said, "I had an opportunity, made the best of the opportunity I had and it was time to move on."

JamStone
11-29-2008, 07:44 PM
"I want to be a part of it... New York! New York!"

Brickhouse
11-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Only one stopping Amar'e'e'e'e from being elite is himself and his lack of defense.

Whinewhinewhinewhine though.

cornbread
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
What a douche.

Flo-Rida
11-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Shit come to miami

Reck
11-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow he really is ticked off isn't he? lol

Been running his mouth quite alot about the new system lately.

Kamnik
11-29-2008, 08:47 PM
idiot...

talented

but an idiot

sribb43
11-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Trade him to the Thunder for KD so he will have to suffer

Udokafan05
11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
He should have had 40 against the weak undersized miami frontcourt

Lp26
11-29-2008, 11:44 PM
While he didn't express that in the most articulate way, i have noticed that the Suns basically ignore him on offense now. It's a little strange.

kcplayboi_26
11-29-2008, 11:56 PM
While he didn't express that in the most articulate way, i have noticed that the Suns basically ignore him on offense now. It's a little strange.

really strange, i dont blame him. btw this system blows but gotta live with it, people out here in phx dont get it

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2008, 12:50 AM
should goto the spurs imo....

talk about kickn the suns franchise when they are down against the spurs over this past few seasons....

Spur-Addict
11-30-2008, 05:10 AM

talk about kickn the suns franchise when they are down against the spurs over this past few seasons....

In a perfect world, in a perfect world.

The Franchise
11-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Fuck Amare. He's crying about the new system, but the old one was proven to be shit so why not buy in and give it time. Damn dummy.

Matchman
11-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Fuck Amare. He's crying about the new system, but the old one was proven to be shit so why not buy in and give it time. Damn dummy.

the old one is shit but at least they are winning. the new system is 2x better on defense but 150x worse on offense. The new system will not work unless everyone plays defense and thats just not gonna happen with Nash, Barbosa, and Hill on the team.

jack sommerset
11-30-2008, 12:54 PM
They ought to make this Amares team.

pauls931
11-30-2008, 01:11 PM

The old system was two self inflicted ejections away from a title...

That said, ya come to think of it, I don't really see them running that many plays for him even though he thrived more in the run and gun system than the half court sets they do now. Slowing things down and shaq on the court makes it harder to run the pick and roll... I have a feeling right now, their best two players Nash and Amare and not being fully utilized.

ClingingMars
11-30-2008, 01:15 PM

if he doesn't wanna man up and play defense, he won't see the court with the Spurs. he'll be deeper in Pop's doghouse than Bonner last year.

-Mars

JamStone
11-30-2008, 01:29 PM
The old system was two self inflicted ejections away from a title...

So, if it's the Phoenix Suns, they win a title if they get win a conference semi-finals playoff series? Just forget about the conference finals and NBA finals, right?

pauls931
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
So, if it's the Phoenix Suns, they win a title if they get win a conference semi-finals playoff series? Just forget about the conference finals and NBA finals, right?

Yes, those were clearly the two best teams in the league that year. Neither Utah or the queen would have stopped whoever came out of that series.

Be happy with your titles. :D

Kill_Bill_Pana
11-30-2008, 01:54 PM
He is worry people will see how he is overrate in offense now that David Lee plays similar. Also he probably wants go back to team where he is never ask to play defense.

leemajors
11-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Stat

angelbelow
11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
come to sa and take a pay cut.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 03:22 PM

Actually, you just need to assume that the Suns were never going to lose another game, despite the fact that the Horry foul is the only reason the Suns closed out game four. When the Suns actually came closer to winning game 5 without Amare and Diaw than they did in game six with both of them, the argument unravels, so you have to avoid talking about it if you want to maximize the excuses for the Suns.

And be happy with your titles. I'm not sure what they have to do with this topic, but I wanted to share in the festivity.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
He is worry people will see how he is overrate in offense now that David Lee plays similar. Also he probably wants go back to team where he is never ask to play defense.

That is probably your best post ever. :clap

Thompson
11-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Actually, you just need to assume that the Suns were never going to lose another game, despite the fact that the Horry foul is the only reason the Suns closed out game four.

Actually the Suns were winning the game at that point already, but they shouldn't have been. If you go back and watch the game, the Spurs were leading by 10+ points when they had to bench Duncan, and suddenly the Suns magically got back in the game.

The reason they had to bench Duncan was that he had 5 fouls; 3 of those fouls were bad calls. It's not just me saying that, either: after each of the 3 bad calls, the announcers said 'That was a bad call.'

Without Duncan missing for that stretch, the Suns never win that game. Also others have pointed out that the Suns had their full complement of players when Duncan stole home-court advantage from them in game 1. The series ended 4-2, and we won game 6 without Horry (the 'rightful' champions couldn't even take it to 7 games when we were missing a key role player- the Spurs were blowing them out too before they coasted to the win). Pretend titles is all the Suns will ever have, though, so I doubt any amount of evidence will convince them that they don't deserve $#!%.

baseline bum
11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
LeBron and Amare are going to New York in 2010 for sure.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Actually the Suns were winning the game at that point already, but they shouldn't have been.

They were winning, but they were up by three with the ball. Nash missed two of his next four free throws, so the Spurs could have had a chance with a normal foul that didn't give Phoenix the ball back.

Timmy was out for about three minutes in the fourth quarter and the Spurs didn't lose any ground while he was out.

I've also mentioned this before, but by rule, Nash should have been called for an offensive foul on Horry because you aren't allowed to attempt to dribble between an opponent and a boundary if there's not space to get through.

ClingingMars
11-30-2008, 05:47 PM
That is probably your best post ever. :clap

ShoogarBear
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
The dumbass picked up his second technical foul tonight in a tie game with 4:30 left. :shootme