PDA

View Full Version : Highly Unlikely for Mavs to Trade Kidd

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
1. Jason Kidd (Dallas Mavericks)
Expiring Salary: $21,372,000
Soon to be traded? HIGHLY UNLIKELY

All the regret the Mavericks are supposed to feel about parting with Devin Harris in February's megatrade for Kidd fails to account for a few key developments in Dallas. 1. Kidd's arrival, if nothing else, rejuvenated Dirk Nowitzki to the point that Nowitzki carried the Mavs into the playoffs late last season, which might have been the only way Dallas was going to get there. 2. Kidd is quietly playing quite well this season under Rick Carlisle, leading the Mavs to believe that one successful trade addition to fortify their woeful bench -- which they presently are pursuing hard by offering up Jerry Stackhouse's cap-friendly contract -- could keep their Nowitzki-Kidd-Josh Howard-Jason Terry core in the West elite. 3. Sources say Dallas has been rejecting all Kidd inquiries because it would prefer to (A) put off any drastic alterations until after giving this group an entire season with its new coach and (B) play out the season without taking back any salary that extends past the 2009-10 season and into the free-agent bonanza that will follow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081129-30

Findog
11-29-2008, 06:34 PM
put off any drastic alterations until after giving this group an entire season with its new coach

Where is the shoot me in the head emoticon?

Findog
11-29-2008, 06:35 PM
The ceiling for this team is the sixth seed and a first-round exit to Utah or San Antonio. The floor is the ninth seed and a crappy lottery pick. I guess call it even and a sweep at the hands of the Lakers as the eighth seed. I don't need 82 games to tell you that.

monosylab1k
11-29-2008, 06:44 PM
The ceiling for this team is the sixth seed and a first-round exit to Utah or San Antonio. The floor is the ninth seed and a crappy lottery pick. I guess call it even and a sweep at the hands of the Lakers as the eighth seed. I don't need 82 games to tell you that.

Yeah, but they're gonna play really hard for 3 quarters every game! We should celebrate that!

Findog
11-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, but they're gonna play really hard for 3 quarters every game! We should celebrate that!

And Donnie and Cubes love our team!

manufor3
11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
good, keep him

mavsfan1000
11-29-2008, 08:46 PM
If true, this in unbelievable stupid. This team is going to fail unless we make a change. Kidd and Stackhouse are our best chances of getting someone.

Ghazi
11-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Trading Kidd would be stupid, seriously.