PDA

View Full Version : OU @ OSU thread

BUMP
11-29-2008, 07:15 PM
this hasnt even been made yet?

Texas Chili Dog
11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
okay OU, win a sloppy game by a point or two with a FG at the very end, and look awful doing it. :D

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 08:53 PM
OSU playin well. Looking good for Texas fans so far. Their D has been impressive the last 3 drives.

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
OSU takes the lead 10-7!

chode_regulator
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
fuck this, im rooting for osu all teh way. i'd rather the raiders go to teh big 12 champ and LOSE or win, than for ou to embarass the big 12 on natl tv again

J.T.
11-29-2008, 10:21 PM
OU got robbed on that fumble that was whistled dead.

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 10:24 PM
wow...that was lucky.

J.T.
11-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Zac Robinson eating up that Sooner defense.

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
damn good game. every time i think it is over, osu proves me wrong.

crc21209
11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
OSU keeping it close, this is very very good for Texas. Texas just needs to hope Oklahoma pulls it out by a field goal or a touchdown or something, this PROVES OU should not be ranked ahead of Texas.

crc21209
11-29-2008, 11:05 PM
OU runs kickoff back to about the OSU 30.

Fermixalot
11-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Dez Bryant with a touchdown and then a ridiculous catch on the 2pt conversion in double coverage. Goddamn that was awesome.

Not sure what I want to happen though. OU loses, Tech wins the South and fuck Tech. But I would love to hear the rationale to putting OU or Texas in the BCS Championship over the Big 12 Champ. It would really fuck with the BCS, which is of course awesome.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 11:07 PM
OSU just doesn't seem to know how to make the plays to win.

crc21209
11-29-2008, 11:09 PM
4th and goal for Chokelahoma. Heres what will happen, OSU will keep the game close but OU pulls it out, and Texas keeps their #2 ranking suckas.

crc21209
11-29-2008, 11:10 PM
44-34 OU. Not gonna be good enough, they needed to blow this shit out by more than that. Oh and by the way, Fuck the BCS.

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Wooooooooohoooooo

Hahahahahaha

crc21209
11-29-2008, 11:13 PM
WOW! Kickoff returned by OSU. OU- 44 OSU- 41. Not gonna be good enough Chokelahoma!

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I am so glad I decided to tune into this game...I mean wow...

tonylongoriafan
11-29-2008, 11:16 PM
wft is going on? this is crazy shit!

tonylongoriafan
11-29-2008, 11:20 PM
the osu d blows chunks...wide open touchdown...wtf?

Hank the Tank
11-29-2008, 11:20 PM
this is a great showcase of no defense.

crc21209
11-29-2008, 11:21 PM
OU scores. OU- 51 OSU- 41. Still to close for voters comfort, OU= OVERRATED UNIVERSITY.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Both defenses are pitiful.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Musberger is such a tool. OU doesn't need style points. They just need a win to get the computer ratings.

bostonguy
11-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Karma is going to be a major bitch to OU if they end up jumping Texas, a team with the same record who BEAT them. 45-35 is evident enough on why OU has no right to pass Texas. :lmao:lmao fuck the BCS

J.T.
11-29-2008, 11:51 PM
OU gave up 41 to this shit team?

chode_regulator
11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
all anyone talks about is how many pionts ou scores. not about how many there defense gives up.

they consistently give up over 20 pts a game and im sure a huge chunk of yards to go with that. 8 of their 11 games they gave up 20 pts, adn i dont count their first one against chattanooga. poor bastards ended up with 1 win all year.

either way i think they convinced everyone enough to give them number 2. i mean really they didnt win all that much more convincinly than texas all year. other than at tech. ut games were just lower scoring all around.

bostonguy
11-30-2008, 12:11 AM
all anyone talks about is how many pionts ou scores. not about how many there defense gives up.

they consistently give up over 20 pts a game and im sure a huge chunk of yards to go with that. 8 of their 11 games they gave up 20 pts, adn i dont count their first one against chattanooga. poor bastards ended up with 1 win all year.

either way i think they convinced everyone enough to give them number 2. i mean really they didnt win all that much more convincinly than texas all year. other than at tech. ut games were just lower scoring all around.

But they didnt beat Texas. That's the biggie. 45-35 plus Texas D basically shutdown Bradford in the 4th. That game not making much impact in the bcs is unacceptable.

chode_regulator
11-30-2008, 12:17 AM
well i think that as gay as it is, with such a small lead in the bcs, ou will jump texas. which is obviously unfortunate for us ut fans. fucking baylor, i thought they were going to pull the miracle off too.

funny ariticle from houston chronicle a few days before ut/a&m game. i vote for this guys methods.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/11/let_the_aggies.html

bostonguy
11-30-2008, 12:19 AM
well i think that as gay as it is, with such a small lead in the bcs, ou will jump texas. which is obviously unfortunate for us ut fans. fucking baylor, i thought they were going to pull the miracle off too.

funny ariticle from houston chronicle a few days before ut/a&m game. i vote for this guys methods.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2008/11/let_the_aggies.html

Well OU is going to get their asses kicked for 3rd time in a row in the National Title game (LSU/USC). They have a shitty D. I dont care how great their offense is, Bama/Fla will stop them. Great D ALWAYS beats Great O.

chode_regulator
11-30-2008, 12:20 AM
another thing too, why is it only in college football that beating an opponent by as mch as possible is acceptable.

from a little kid,all the way into the nfl its unacceptable. except in cfb. personally i dont care either way. if you can go big, go big. but eveyrone in the media/school systems these days thinks its unsportsman like. evcen in teh nfl belichik gets called names for running up scores, and how much you beat someone by sure as hell doesnt matter in teh nfl. but in cfb its encouraged as "style points"

what the fuck is a style point?>

Cant_Be_Faded
11-30-2008, 12:27 AM
rofl

In a sane world OU would have just showed the entire country they gave up 200 yards rushing and 41 points. OU's defense fucking sucks, and their offense is overrated as all get out. The second they face a team with a decent front 4 they're going to get owned, just like Texas owned them.

Pretty fucking sad, pretty much every game played this week increased OU's SOS points in the BCS formula and decreaesd UT's SOS. And the computers are what the horns had going for them.

We're fucked, will probably play u fuckin tah in the fiesta bowl. After that assraping we will get ready for next year to beat the shit out of OU and still get snubbed by the voters.

OU on the other hand is hte luckiest fucking good team I have ever seen in my life. The tapped pass right into Gresham's fucking hands.....Bad snaps leading to Bradford rushing TD's....total bull shit. If they didn't get at least two int's or passes tapped right into their players hands a game I wouldn't be so fucking bitter, but they are seriously the luckiest peices of shit ever.

Fuck ou and their bull shit. Florida will completley eviscerate their ass. Theres a reason they haven't won a bowl game since 2002.

crc21209
11-30-2008, 12:49 AM
I GUARANTEE TEXAS WILL BE NO. 2 IN THE BCS RANKINGS TOMORROW. OU didnt beat the shit out of OSU the way they should have.

crc21209
11-30-2008, 12:49 AM
I said Texas would be #2 last week and no one believed me, it will happen again no worries.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2008, 01:00 AM
You don't understand how the computer rankings work, then. Margin of victory doesn't matter.

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2008, 01:38 AM
i'm mad b/c i wanted USC to play ou or t.u. in the Fiesta...this sucks. fucking penn state....who gives a shit.

j-6
11-30-2008, 10:04 AM
You don't understand how the computer rankings work, then. Margin of victory doesn't matter.

Yeah, but margin of victory may matter to guys like Al Del Greco and Touchdown Tommy Vardell (rest of Harris Poll voters listed here: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/BCS_Sept_17_2008.pdf) and the various coaches that have a vote (http://www.afca.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9300&ATCLID=6395190). The biggest irony in the coaches poll is that Mack and Leach are voters, and Stoops isn't.

The Harris poll already put OU ahead of Texas and a couple of those guys even gave the Sooners first place votes last week, in third. The coaches had OU second, just behind Bama.

As CBF said, Stoops and company are hoping these folks see the 61 OU hung on Okie State and be impressed, and not the 41 they gave up.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Right, but the point is, as you said, OU is already ahead of UT in the human polls. What was keeping UT ahead in the overall BCS were the computing ratings, which do not depend on margin of victory. So, presuming the coaches were not going to change their minds as long as OU won, margin of victory was meaningless to the overall standings.

j-6
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Right, but the point is, as you said, OU is already ahead of UT in the human polls. What was keeping UT ahead in the overall BCS were the computing ratings, which do not depend on margin of victory. So, presuming the coaches were not going to change their minds as long as OU won, margin of victory was meaningless to the overall standings.

Tell me if I am talking out of my ass here or if I misunderstood you. Each poll plus the computers make up 1/3rd of the BCS formula. Texas is only ahead of OU (by .009 in overall BCS) because the computers have UT up by .060 when those five polls are tabulated. Wouldn't it make sense to try and manipulate the human vote, especially since it makes up 2/3rds of the overall formula? Especially when many of those members aren't going to know much more about the game than some SportsCenter highlights and a box score in the Sunday paper?

Jesus, that came out like I was defending Bobby Stoops.

J.T.
11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, the 45-35 campaign did it's part for the coaches' poll. Last week Oklahoma led Texas in the coaches' poll by 42 points. This week they lead Texas by ONE point. Looks like Texas is still 22 points behind OU in the Harris poll, but let's hope that 41 point swing is enough to cover whatever lead they lose in the BCS computers.

Texas Chili Dog
11-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, the 45-35 campaign did it's part for the coaches' poll. Last week Oklahoma led Texas in the coaches' poll by 42 points. This week they lead Texas by ONE point. Looks like Texas is still 22 points behind OU in the Harris poll, but let's hope that 41 point swing is enough to cover whatever lead they lose in the BCS computers.

the Harris poll hasn't been released for today yet, so we'll have to see what the changes are there. I'm just hoping for Texas to be within 21 points at least.

tp2021
11-30-2008, 02:04 PM
For what its worth, UT moved 8 points in front of OU in the AP poll.

J.T.
11-30-2008, 02:21 PM
For what its worth, UT moved 8 points in front of OU in the AP poll.

AP poll isn't factored into the BCS formula anymore so that poll doesn't matter. But if the coaches' and AP polls are any indication, UT closed whatever gap OU had on them in the polls by holding A&M to -24 yards rushing.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Tell me if I am talking out of my ass here or if I misunderstood you. Each poll plus the computers make up 1/3rd of the BCS formula. Texas is only ahead of OU (by .009 in overall BCS) because the computers have UT up by .060 when those five polls are tabulated. Wouldn't it make sense to try and manipulate the human vote, especially since it makes up 2/3rds of the overall formula? Especially when many of those members aren't going to know much more about the game than some SportsCenter highlights and a box score in the Sunday paper?

Jesus, that came out like I was defending Bobby Stoops.

Of course, just on the basis of logic, 45-35 should have already been factored into everyone's vote LAST WEEK. This week's vote should only taken into account whatever transpired this week.

Anybody who changes their vote THIS week on the basis of 45-35 when they didn't do it last week is an imbecile. And FWIW I think Texas has the strongest case by far.