bdictjames
11-29-2008, 08:46 PM
New York scores 82 points in the half. :wow

sribb43
11-29-2008, 09:15 PM
David Lee is ballin'.... 26 and 14 through the 3rd quarter

Pistons < Spurs
11-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Duhon w/ 18 assists .... and the 4th qtr hasn't started yet.

Allanon
11-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Suns are regretting the loss of D'Antoni

Xylus
11-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Suns are regretting the loss of D'Antoni

Yeah, I regret that we traded away a coach that didn't preach defense and didn't know how to utilize Shaq in his offense.

Bob Lanier
11-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Lee's value is sky-high. Walsh should get rid of him while the getting's good.

KidCongo
11-29-2008, 10:11 PM
22 assists for Duhon. Lee with 37/21 and Harrington scored 36.

Allanon
11-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I regret that we traded away a coach that didn't preach defense and didn't know how to utilize Shaq in his offense.

You guys don't miss D'Antoni? I personally think Porter is much inferior to D'Antoni.

Indazone
11-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Suns were never gonna win anything without defense.

Brickhouse
11-30-2008, 01:14 AM
holy shit at Lee and Duhon's stat lines.

sook
11-30-2008, 01:52 AM
wtf those are insane stat lines holyshit

Matchman
11-30-2008, 02:27 AM

Of course DAntoni knew how to utilize Shaq. But with the personnel the suns got, running a Shaq offense is destined to failure because Nash and STAT (and most of the Suns players) cannot defend worth a shit. the only way for these players to win is to run up the points and outscore the opponents, which is something Shaq cannot do.

Xylus
11-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Porter might be inferior to D'Antoni, but the Suns weren't going anywhere with D'Antoni, either. A change had to be made, and I think it's a little early in the season to deem this coach a failure.

Thunder Dan
11-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Two loser teams playing loser basketball. It's funny to see why teams still run and gun when it's proven not to win in the playoffs. It might win some regular season games but not in the playoffs. The suns might not win as many in the regular season but come playoff time they will be happy they fired that glorified assistant coach

Allanon
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Porter might be inferior to D'Antoni, but the Suns weren't going anywhere with D'Antoni, either. A change had to be made, and I think it's a little early in the season to deem this coach a failure.

The Suns aren't going to win a championship with Porter and they had 1 shot a couple of years ago with D'Antoni.

At least D'Antoni's Suns were a helluva alot of fun to watch and packed the Arena.

It's a bit sad but the Suns are going the way of the Kings at this moment. I would have liked for the Suns to get that 1st championship out of the way during the Laker suck years.

Armando
12-01-2008, 01:15 AM
The Suns aren't going to win a championship with Porter and they had 1 shot a couple of years ago with D'Antoni.

At least D'Antoni's Suns were a helluva alot of fun to watch and packed the Arena.

It's a bit sad but the Suns are going the way of the Kings at this moment. I would have liked for the Suns to get that 1st championship out of the way during the Laker suck years.

I agree with that if it was not for the infamous Game 4 in 2007 D'Antoni might still be in Phoenix coaching possibly with a ring on his finger. But they have not been the same since that series. And I am seeing the same thing possibly happening with the Hornets. They have not been playing well either. The Spurs effect

Thunder Dan
12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
D'Antoni wouldn't have won a ring with the Suns, and he won't win one in New York. The way the playoffs are set up, a team that doesn't play defense won't win. It's much easier for a team like the old Suns to show up for a regular season and run you out of the building, but in the playoffs the other team is preparing for you, and sees you for a week- they create defenses, and they exploit your weaknesses. That is why the Spurs always took them. It's much easier to run someone out of the building on a February night with 120pts, but in the Playoffs defense is what wins. Boston beat LA with defense. Cleveland got waxed by San Antonio because they only scored 80 points a game during the Finals. I just find it funny that teams still seek out these types of systems. They are fun to watch, but they never win in the playoffs